Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Concealer for dark circles around eyes Watch

ReputationRep:
    I use soap and glory trick and treatment under my foundation/on top of primer, then if they still need a bit of a cover up I use my MAC studio finish. Some people find it too heavy for under eyes but it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyscho)
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good concealer to cover up dark eye circles. I've heard that YSL Touche Eclat is good for this, but others have said that it is not actually a concealer, but a highlighter? I don't mind paying slightly more for a bettter quality concealer, but if its cheap and works then thats obviously preferable!

Thanks!
    I recommend the one from Aldi, its like £3 or something and reallyyyy good (I have it).

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The eyelids are already the thinnest, softest areas of skin in the body. Normal skin is around 2 millimeters thick, but eyelid skin is only 0.5 millimeters thick.
    Causes of under eye dark circles

1. Lack of sleep.
    2. Inherited condition having a family with the kind of skin that makes dark circles more likely.
    3. Fluid retention which causes puffiness that may cast shadows.
    4. Aging which thins and relaxes the skin around the eyes.
    Dark eye circles - Treatments and Remedies

1. Powdered fenugreek and milk are said to tackle dark circles. Apply a paste of fenugreek mixed in milk on dark circles in the night. Wash off in the morning and watch dark circles vanish for good.

2. Freeze grated cucumber. Massage the grated cucumber ice cubes on the eyes.

3. Soak cotton wool in cucumber juice or potato juice & apply around the eyes.

4. For eye puffiness, any tea bag (herbal is better, especially eyebright), slightly cooled, placed on the eyes while you rest.

5. To lighten dark circles under your eyes, wrap a grated raw potato in cheesecloth and apply to eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    YSL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.