Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

****, do I need to get this investigated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbii)
    with NHS direct, whatever they tell you see a doctor as well
    they told someone who had a heart attack that it was indigestion
    they told someone to walk off a fractured ankle
    its very hard to diagnose someone without actually seeing them
    my granddad told my uncle to walk off a fractured ankle because he wanted to finish his skiing holiday...he was an orthopeadic surgeon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I have migraines - have had them for a while. Today, I had what I was dismissing as another migraine, but now I'm in a clearer state of mind, it was really very odd and I'm not sure it was a migraine at all.

- it happened at an unusual time - I usually get them in the evening (although not always), but this was at midday;
    - I usually have very visual auras, but there was none of that. In fact, my only neurological disturbance was double vision in my left eye and word confusion;
    - my head actually hurts. This may sound strange for a headache disorder, but I very rarely get an actual headache with it;
    - I had moments where I think I was out of it. I was in the middle of watching TV, then next thing I know it's much darker outside and the plot's moved on;
    - the left side of my body (same side that had the double vision) feels very weak - my grip in my left hand isn't as good, can't hold my left arm as steady and my left leg feels numb;
    - my hands and feet keep on shaking ... and I'm not cold.

Do I need to get this checked out as something that isn't a migraine, or could I just be experiencing a different form of it?
    Sounds like some sort of mild stroke. I think you should definitely get yourself checked out as tbh, that could never be good.

ReputationRep:
    I would.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.