Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are lesbians so promiscuous?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfactorfan)
    probably because they have lots of testosterone in them, way more than the average girl? and high testosterone = high sex drive.

just a guess. most lesbian girls i know look manly with short hair, so it would make sense.
    Short hair =/= Lesbian. Lots of straight women have short hair.
    Lesbian =/= Manly. Lesbians are definitely women! Sure, some are butch. Some straight girls are butch too. There are lots of girly, pretty lesbians.

If butch lesbians have high testosterone which gives them a high sex drive, what about the reverse? Feminine gays should have increased oestrogen, but I've never seen one with a pair of boobs and I'm pretty sure they don't need tampax either!

But regarding OP...from my view, when you go to a gay bar I guess gay people generally feel safe with hitting on someone they fancy without the risk of getting shouted at/battered like they might in another bar. And you always get straight people snogging/grinding etc in straight clubs, it's probably fairly equal. I guess it seems that lesbians are more promiscuous cos there are so many in one club, when day to day you probably wouldn't notice so much. If you met a lesbian in day to day life, I'm sure she wouldn't instantly chew your face off or anything It's just the drink/ club situation I guess, like how it is when straight people are at a club versus how they would normally be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blink.)
    Short hair =/= Lesbian. Lots of straight women have short hair.
    Lesbian =/= Manly. Lesbians are definitely women! Sure, some are butch. Some straight girls are butch too. There are lots of girly, pretty lesbians.
    He didn't say all women with short hair are lesbians, he said a lot of lesbians have short hair. Which is hard to deny. Proportionally more homosexual women have short hair compared to heterosexual women. That doesn't mean that all women with short hair are lesbians or that all lesbians have short hair.

Same goes for the "manliness". The average lesbian is slightly more butch than the average straight woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    He didn't say all women with short hair are lesbians, he said a lot of lesbians have short hair. Which is hard to deny. Proportionally more homosexual women have short hair compared to heterosexual women. That doesn't mean that all women with short hair are lesbians or that all lesbians have short hair.

Same goes for the "manliness". The average lesbian is slightly more butch than the average straight woman.
    I have to agree there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    No he said most lesbians that he knew have short hair, just pointing out the bigger picture.
    With manliness, I meant it regarding 'lesbians have high testosterone' theory - not all butch women are lesbian and not all lesbians are butch, which contradicts the idea of high testosterone --> high sex drive --> promiscuous lesbians. Straight butch women would also be the most promiscuous straight women if this was the case, generally they aren't.
    I do agree that on average lesbians are more manly, but the high testosterone doesn't really fit.

I didn't mean it in a big argumentative way by the way!

And anyway, xocindyxo, read your actual answer in my post as well :P

(Original post by Alt__x)
    because a lot of lesbians are just sexually attracted to women, but dont actually want a relationship from them.
    SO true.
    I find women sexually attractive but when it comes to settling down & having a future then men can give me so much more; I'll happily have a husband & family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xocindyxo)
    OMG, it's like whenever I go to a gay club, the lesbian girls are so in your face! I wish I could meet a decent one, that isn't sex crazed. Why are they like this?
    All they want to do is have sex, which is good, but sometimes I want a little more...

Just to point out, I am bi.
    I've not been on the clubbing scene as a singleton for quite a while, but I don't remember that at all... What kind of gay clubs are you going to?!

Maybe try a different scene and you'll see not all lesbians are like the ones you're meeting..

In fact I'm the complete opposite of that, I'd rather be happy and settled which I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    SO true.
    I find women sexually attractive but when it comes to settling down & having a future then men can give me so much more; I'll happily have a husband & family.
    Err, then you're not a lesbian...

Anyway, yeah, i've noticed this lately. You're more likely to find non-promiscuous girls away from the clubbing scene i think. Everyone in a club seems to be a bit more promiscuous, regardless of their sexuality. (Though i've been to gay clubs quite a few times, and met my very faithful ex-girlfriend there, it just takes some looking for)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.