Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on Skodas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend rolled his Felicia in the summer with me inside, we didn't die. I think that's testament to the chassis strength.

ReputationRep:
    As cars they are great to drive, I've driven the Octavia, Fabia and Felicia and they're all very solid. In looks they're fine. I think there's still a bit of a stigma behind them though due to the ****ty old ones.

ReputationRep:
    They're all stupid clones of Volkswagens, brilliant stupid clones at that, not quite up to scratch in terms of styling but they're solid.

There's only one Skoda worth getting and its nice to look at, the Otctavia... in white.

ReputationRep:
    To back up my scathing reviews of my own cars and their woeful reliability, last week I was speaking to our local Audi dealership service manager and the northern England regional service executive for VW. The Audi guy admitted that in 2009, 86% of UK cars required 'major' warranty repairs, and by major it must have a cost in excess of £700. The VW guy admitted that their groups current cars of all its marques are great, unless you do need to fix anything, and then they become a pain. He also stated that the biggest problem was the electronics, which usually start becoming troublesome within five years. After that, they become a nightmare ! Funny that, being that the majority of my Dad's and my problems are indeed electrical. VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda are definitely NOT on my shopping list come renewal time !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of taxi drivers can't be wrong.

I wouldn't think twice about buying a Skoda. They're nice, comfortable, well equipped and (in my experience) reliable cars.

ReputationRep:
    Had 3 Skoda's and 2 VW's, never again !

ReputationRep:
    There's a reason taxi drivers buy them, because they are cheap and last forever. The ovtavia is kind of ugly but the fabia sport is quite cool. I'd be happy with one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.