Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What girls would go for a 5'4" guy Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say girls 5 foot 3 and under? Oops! I'm 5 foot 7 and to be honest it would put me off a little, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker!

ReputationRep:
    If I was short, I wouldn't really mind, but I'm 5'9" so I'm pretty much only open to the taller option haha. I've gone as low as 5'7" in a guy before though... how daring I am

ReputationRep:
    True about height over-estimation. The number of 5'6 girls who claim to be 5'8/9 is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    If you work out, lift some weights or generally build yourself up, you'll have the short-but-built-up look that any sexually sane girl should be happy to get on board with.

Also: Given that 5'3" or 5'2" isn't actually that short for a girl, the "I don't want to be a short girl with a short boyfriend" problem doesn't seem so grave.

ReputationRep:
    I would. :sexface:

Would you be interesting in dating someone 5'11", though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine Potato)
    I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way .
    You'll find that there are lots of girls who will date short/shorter guys. I know this one guy at university who's barely 5'2 and he's popular with the girls. His girlfriend is about 5'6/5'7 and she wears heels so it's obviously not a problem for them. In comparison I'm about 6ft and have been hopeless with relationships mainly because I chase the wrong girls and well I'm unlucky in love.

Also put it another way: would a girl rather be with a short guy who loves and cares for her and will provide for her, or go after a guy because he's 6'5 and he beats her up all the time when they have a row?

People will say various things; go for shorter girls.....those that don't wear heels.

Frankly, you should for the girl YOU like regardless of height, race, religion etc. Ultimately if you like each other it won't be a problem. Besides if your height is such an issue then you could always wear thicker soled shows, stand with good posture, or even go for cosmetic surgery options like bone lengthening or have a silicon head implant to add an inch or two to your height or maybe silicon heel implant.

Sure, if the parents are tall, kids will be tall but that isn't the hard and fast rule anymore and medical science/genetic engineering has advanced so much that there are treatments/surgery available albeit at a price (cost/pain etc).

You only have one life and everyone has a right to be happy and just because a girl may be taller than you doesn't mean you're not allowed to have feelings for her and besides, the worst she could say is no.

ReputationRep:
    Oh those girls are shortsighted. I'm about 5"10 and live in France, which means there aren't that many guys that are taller than me (at least not when I'm in heels). I've met several guys I fancy that are shorter than me Not at 5"4 I think, but that's a coincidence, it's not as if I rejected someone because of their height.

I'm a bit curious though, how do short guys feel next to a tall girl? Are you uncomfortable, or fine? i know a lot of girls dislike it, but a lot of shorter guys flirt with me so it seems as if they almost find it attractive that I'm tall..

ReputationRep:
    Girls under 5ft. :holmes: Or those ones that are into the little guy. :jiggy:

Katie Holmes. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestosa)
    If you work out, lift some weights or generally build yourself up, you'll have the short-but-built-up look that any sexually sane girl should be happy to get on board with.

Also: Given that 5'3" or 5'2" isn't actually that short for a girl, the "I don't want to be a short girl with a short boyfriend" problem doesn't seem so grave.
    But how do you get past the "I dont want a guy only an inch taller than me" problem which is very common for average height girls?

ReputationRep:
    Mostly girls shorter than you.

ReputationRep:
    Also you forget that it's your personality and the content of your character people will judge you on. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King were barely 5ft3 and yet they were perhaps two of the most inspirational and influential figures in history who left a legacy that live forever and more than many "tall people" could dream of. People don't remember them for being short. They were diminutive but the sheer size of their personality and hearts and what they believed was what defined them as people not whether they play in the NBA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Also you forget that it's your personality and the content of your character people will judge you on. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King were barely 5ft3 and yet they were perhaps two of the most inspirational and influential figures in history who left a legacy that live forever and more than many "tall people" could dream of. People don't remember them for being short. They were diminutive but the sheer size of their personality and hearts and what they believed was what defined them as people not whether they play in the NBA.
    Agree on this. Woody Allen, Martin Scorcese, Hitchcock, Aristotle Onassis, Spielberg, Al Pacino, Picasso. Not to mention Salvador Dali, Napoleon and Beethoven. The list of successful short guys is endless! And obviously they've had their success with women.
    So do something with your life Irregardless of height, ambitious men are a major turn on to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestosa)

Ewwww. I must be sexually insane then. I hate those guys at the gym that are brick like in both size and stature =/

ReputationRep:
    At 4"11, 5"4 is a pretty good height- not so stupidly tall that it all just looks ridiculous, and a great height for huggles.

Don't stress about it so much!

ReputationRep:
    It's not shallow to find something unattractive =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Is it true small guys have a small....
    NO

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Cullum and Sophie Dahl is a great example of a short guy finding a girl not concerned with the heights of both of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    It's not shallow to find something unattractive =/
    It is if it's for something as superficial as height or race as it shows that you don't have the intelligence or the moral values to accept or view that person for who they are; a human being.

Making an opinion on somebody based on their height is no different to racial/sexual discrimination.

We just don't make an issue of height discrimination. If we did the fashion houses would go into meltdown. Frankly I think the fashion industry is a disgrace that it bases success on such superficial factors.

Frankly I think anyone who discriminates against another human being based on their appearance, religion, sexual orientation, should just drop dead and rot in hell. You're the unattractive ones.

I feel very strongly about racism hence my display picture. The same applies to all forms of discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laut_biru)
    At 4"11, 5"4 is a pretty good height- not so stupidly tall that it all just looks ridiculous, and a great height for huggles.

Don't stress about it so much!
    Too bad 4'11" girls are rare .

ReputationRep:
    If a girl falls for your personality, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, height isn't that important to some girls. I know about 3 guys of this height with long-term girlfriends, one of whom has dated really tall girls in the past. Height can be an advantage, but there are uch more important things.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.