Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend of 6 months keeps asking if I'll marry him Watch

ReputationRep:
    Next time he asks, instead of just saying you're not ready yet, say that you'll tell him when you're ready and then he can ask again. That way he can't ask until you tell him he can.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Excellent. This could solve your problem, OP? You might have to go through with it though.
    hmm, that is good advice, but I'm not sure I could go through with it well, I'll see what happens i guess!

ReputationRep:
    stage five clinger

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend was like that too around that time in our relationship. Complete opposite now :p:
    He'll probably grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    just marry him ffs

ReputationRep:
    well atleast you don't have that great worry of ending up forever alone ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    My boyfriend was like that too around that time in our relationship. Complete opposite now :p:
    He'll probably grow out of it.
    Really? thanks, that makes me feel a little better- I'm not the only one!

I hope he does grow out of it!

Thanks everyone for your kind advice Rep has been given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kacyiscool)
    Basically the title says it all really. We've been going out about 6 months and he's asked me about 5 or 6 times, the first time about 2 weeks after we started going out, if i'll marry him. He's even gone as far as asking if he should get me an engagement ring for my birthday
    Its kind of getting on my nerves, I don't really want to marry him yet, as I tell him every time he asks me! (We're only 18!)

Anyone out there in similar situation?

Its just really annoying, I know he's in love with me and I am with him, but it really is too early to be asking these kind of questions!

Any advice??

Thanks
    I was 16 when my boyfriend asked me to marry him, we had only been together 4months and he popped the question when i finished work one night. I said yes because i was in love with him, and after that we was making preperations to move in together in either one of our parents houses and even started collecting things for the house. We lasted a year and a half but because we was engaged it made the break up that much worse and we no longer speak - because he finds it to hard to talk to me and see me in the street. If you don't want to marry him just yet tell him that, if he loves you as much as he seems he does he should understand but don't make the same mistake i did, you might regret it at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    This is all a bit too One Tree Hill.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.