Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World of Warcraft players... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i don't know what that game looks like but there was this kid who came into our lectures and did nothing but sit on his laptop and play this game moving a character around, killing stuff and picking up other stuff. he was short, kept his head down, walked very fast clutching his laptop bag and holding it across his front as if to protect himself or his laptop, had long hair, and looked weird. haven't seen him in the second year so far so i guess he's either killed himself or dropped out of uni for one raison or another.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Wow player myself (Well not for 2 months) and also play CoD
    I still seem to be able to enjoy myself going out with friends and being generally social at University, I'll sit next to anyone and start chatting, is this an indication of how socially inept I am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    A troll because my life experiences don't match your own. We've a new ****ing Sherlock Homes on our hands!

Well that's what I'd like to know. Is it a case that WoW is the turd that attracts flies, or more that these kids latch onto WoW, and if it wasn't WoW it'd be something else regarded as for the odd kids, such as Dungeons and Dragons, or LARPing.

That's not normal.
    And I said it was a sweeping generalisation so why act as if I didn't? I think my point about socially aptitude is becoming rather relevant :awesome:
    You're an idiot. I don't play WoW btw, so yeah, your point isn't becoming relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Highly media based? I'm basing it on 'people' I know in real life & the inane ramblings and crap they come out with on the net.
    I'm just curious as to where these people are going to go in the real world? Is WoW breeding a generation of people who will be handicapped on the same level, albeit socially & not physically, as thalidomide children? From what I've seen & heard, the answer is a resounding yes.
    Your a human

humans kill people

that makes you a killer.

Oh, it doesnt?
    How about you stop generalising the MILLIONS of people who play world of warcraft .. you know.. cuz you cant generalise millions of people like that, stupid idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Most regular online forum users are socially inept.

Yea, we can all generalize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    >Posting on a internet forum in video game section
    >Implying he's not odd.
    Coming from the guy with a user name in the cool kids language - know as binary....

I suppose this is regarded as normal by you then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEICSz_aLU
    And that's normal why? Nice strawman argument :top:

ReputationRep:
    GUYS THERE IS A REVELATION!!!!
    WE CAN MAKE GENERALISATIONS AS LONG AS WE ACKNOWLEDGE THEY ARE GENERALISATIONS!

Anyone see the irony here?

ReputationRep:

That's disturbing on 2 levels.

1) He acted in that way

2) He watched it and decided to upload it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Your a human

humans kill people

that makes you a killer.

Oh, it doesnt?
    How about you stop generalising the MILLIONS of people who play world of warcraft .. you know.. cuz you cant generalise millions of people like that, stupid idiot.

The level of aggression here is just proving my point that WoW users are socially inept :top:
    If every human you met had killed someone, it'd make sense to say humans are killers. All but 1 of the people I know who play WoW are socially inept. Go figure. And you and Mr Binary certainly aren't doing yourself any favours :rofl:

(Original post by Andrejispanickin)
    GUYS THERE IS A REVELATION!!!!
    WE CAN MAKE GENERALISATIONS AS LONG AS WE ACKNOWLEDGE THEY ARE GENERALISATIONS!

Anyone see the irony here?
    I'm guessing you never did well in your sciences...or math....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    You're an idiot. I don't play WoW btw, so yeah, your point isn't becoming relevant.
    Maybe then I should have changed the title to TSR users
    I'm an idiot why? Because you say so? Profound dude, real profound.

ReputationRep:
    I think the OPs statements are valid to an extent, but only to the truly hardcore players. I know some people who've based their lives around it and it isn't right, but I think people who only play it a bit, like a hobby, aren't really harmed by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    The level of aggression here is just proving my point that WoW users are socially inept :top:
    If every human you met had killed someone, it'd make sense to say humans are killers. All but 1 of the people I know who play WoW are socially inept. Go figure. And you and Mr Binary certainly aren't doing yourself any favours :rofl:
    I dont play WoW
    Sorry to ruin your little arguement
    Its a shame to think that your only comeback was to assume i played it, which i dont, i feel sorry for you.

So, all millions who play it are socially inept?
    Including business owners, celebrities, CEO's? (yes, they have been proven to play, go do some research)

How about having an actual come back, now you know i dont play it and now you know people who obviously are socially inept play it .. care to say anything that contributes to the arguement?

ReputationRep:

Jonothan Donaldson is a ledge don't diss (yes that's right I have his dox :cool:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)

I'm guessing you never did well in your sciences...or math....
    A. That aggression thing is an example, we have alot of soldiers/murderers/killers (whatever you want to call them) in the world, it's just an example of your generalisation.

B. I don't think you understand. You are making a generalisation and you said that you are, which backs up your argument because we know it's a generalisation?, though the answer to your question is "You've made a generalisation".

Im guessing you haven't done well generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excandersham)
    That's disturbing on 2 levels.

1) He acted in that way

2) He watched it and decided to upload it.
    He also took pictures of his hand after and uploaded them, and he also did the same to the wall when he lost his job at Asda :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Highly media based? I'm basing it on 'people' I know in real life & the inane ramblings and crap they come out with on the net.
    I'm just curious as to where these people are going to go in the real world? Is WoW breeding a generation of people who will be handicapped on the same level, albeit socially & not physically, as thalidomide children? From what I've seen & heard, the answer is a resounding yes.

What social skills? who the **** needs social skills? everything is possible online (shopping, entertainment...etc) You're just jealous because you aint got nothing on us gamers; go back to your girls, alcohol and partying LMAO! sado LOL!

ReputationRep:
    If you have never raided on WoW (or competed in high end pvp) then you cannot really say you play it/have played it to the socially inept level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I dont play WoW
    Sorry to ruin your little arguement
    Its a shame to think that your only comeback was to assume i played it, which i dont, i feel sorry for you.

So, all millions who play it are socially inept?
    Including business owners, celebrities, CEO's? (yes, they have been proven to play, go do some research)

How about having an actual come back, now you know i dont play it and now you know people who obviously are socially inept play it .. care to say anything that contributes to the arguement?
    Maybe I should then say TSR users are socially inept, or just a bit thick?
    Comeback? This isn't some petty cat fight as you think it is, I am asking a genuine question...

Oh yeah when you play WoW you are likely to run into business owners and CEO's just as much as a socially inept teen. Have you ever played WoW?
    Comeback? How about you take your teen angst elsewhere?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrejispanickin)
    A. That aggression thing is an example, we have alot of soldiers/murderers/killers (whatever you want to call them) in the world, it's just an example of your generalisation.

B. I don't think you understand. You are making a generalisation and you said that you are, which backs up your argument because we know it's a generalisation?, though the answer to your question is "You've made a generalisation".

Im guessing you haven't done well generally.
    A.By aggression I mean the "stupid idiot comment", not the flawed example the kid used.
    B. Generalisations are still relevant. It's easier than sending out an EI test to every player, getting them back, analysing the results and saying "What happens to the 45.56% of players that are socially unable?" Generalisations aren't immediatly invalid just becuase they are a generalisation. And I've done fine thanks, doubt the same can be said for you after the nonsense you are spouting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Maybe I should then say TSR users are socially inept, or just a bit thick?
    Comeback? This isn't some petty cat fight as you think it is, I am asking a genuine question...

Oh yeah when you play WoW you are likely to run into business owners and CEO's just as much as a socially inept teen. Have you ever played WoW?
    Comeback? How about you take your teen angst elsewhere?:rolleyes:
    Your post makes no real sense at all.
    Ye, call people who are on this forum who are 90% going to, gone to or at university.. thick? . Wow... its gotta take a real **** to think that (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.