Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Next Gen Gaming: PS4 Vs Xbox 720 (with pics and poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: I prefer the design of the...
    PS4
    39.53%
    Xbox 720
    60.47%

ReputationRep:
    Those are fakes.....:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Those are fakes.....:nothing:
    Well no, they're design concepts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    Well no, they're design concepts.
    No they are fakes.
    Design concepts would be stuff that comes out of Sony / MS. These have not. Thus they are fakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Allow me to make some predictions for the next generation of consoles:

-They will have much bigger fans and much more vented cases, OR they will suffer from overheating problems similar to the RROD.
    -They will still not be as good as any half-decent gaming PC.
    -There will be even more on them you can't do without having them connected to the internet.
    -Sony will find a way to prevent games from being sold second-hand, like requiring online registration and locking each game to a particular PS3, or selling mainly via thedownload market.
    You can guarantee "hard" copies will disappear.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Both look crap,. next gen better be dx11 1080p

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:
    I wholeheartedly support this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to make some predictions for the next generation of consoles:

-They will have much bigger fans and much more vented cases, OR they will suffer from overheating problems similar to the RROD.
    -They will still not be as good as any half-decent gaming PC.
    -There will be even more on them you can't do without having them connected to the internet.
    -Sony will find a way to prevent games from being sold second-hand, like requiring online registration and locking each game to a particular PS3, or selling mainly via the download market.

Effectvely killiing places like blockbuster then lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    The PS4 looks like a really old Nintendo console I used to own. Can't remember what it was called anymore.
    Famicon ?

(Original post by noggins)
      Famicon ?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_N...ainment_System

And now that I've posted that link, it looks nothing like it.

ReputationRep:
      The controllers for the PS4 look like they'd take some getting used to, i'll cry the day they change the design of the PS Controller
      haha.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dumachi)
      Effectvely killiing places like blockbuster then lol
      I feel sorry for GAME personally, not sure what they're going to do about the expansion of the download market. They've been beaten to the punch by steam on the PC market, and it won't be possible to buy games online through anything other than the microsoft/sony online marketplaces for the xbox and PS3...

ReputationRep:
      considering some moron drew this up in about an hour using photoshop of course both are going to look horrible. And this doesnt matter as both the next playstation and xbox wont be coming out for at least 3 years. Wheres the wii option either? When the real designs comes out then do a poll, because voting on two made up ideas from fanboys is pointless.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_N...ainment_System

And now that I've posted that link, it looks nothing like it.
      Ah, the SNES. So glad I grew up in UK and not US because their version of it looks hideous.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      I feel sorry for GAME personally, not sure what they're going to do about the expansion of the download market. They've been beaten to the punch by steam on the PC market, and it won't be possible to buy games online through anything other than the microsoft/sony online marketplaces for the xbox and PS3...
      Aye things will only get worse for them when digital media is scrapped altogether for storage media

To OP: i think its safe to say next consoels wont look like that

ReputationRep:
      Sony and MS would be mad to sell either of those consoles. Whoever designed those knows very little about what sort of design appeals to most consumers, if their aim was to produce an accurate depiction of what the two consoles could look like.

Sony's and Microsoft's design teams will produce better consoles, that look significantly better.

ReputationRep:
      look good brah can't weight to get the xbox 720 looks bad ass

ReputationRep:
      neither...

ReputationRep:
      No.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

ReputationRep:
      :facepalm2:
      /thread

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.