The Student Room Group

Ok, beginning to think I didn't act as predicted...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
But I didn't know I had to make it clear it was an actual - why else would I have asked it? :confused:

Silly, throwaway conversation. I think she really meant 'nothing in particular' and thought that that would result in you buying her a surprise- all she wanted was a surprise present, didn't matter what.

I think it's probably best to take it as a lesson for the future- and maybe she'll learn that sometime in life you get taken at your word!
Reply 21
Original post by Life_peer
Exactly. Considerably above the normal or average in quality. I support people who actually think and not just follow social conventions even if they disagree with them. It is a very well-known fact that you are expected to buy a gift to your melancholic and cryptic girlfriend for her birthday, but when she says no, she should get nothing according to her wish. It is not rocket science, is it?

But I really quite liked her, and still don't understand how I effed it up. :confused:
Reply 22
Original post by katyness
This story actually made me LOL haard!!
ahahahaha....omg. This made my night!! For real!!!

xDDDD

I wish people would stop finding this funny.
But I really quite liked her, and still don't understand how I effed it up. :confused:

You were expected to know that she meant something like: "Buy me a ruddy expensive gift or I will not talk to you anymore. Treat me like a princess."

Reply 24
I wish people would stop finding this funny.

But how could you have done that? Is this is first relationship?
I just dont get it how could you have thought that women were that simple :confused:
Reply 25
Original post by katyness
But how could you have done that? Is this is first relationship?
I just dont get it how could you have thought that women were that simple :confused:

I'm a woman, I'm that simple.

Whenever I've asked people questions in the past, they've actually meant what they said - how was I to know this was different?
Whenever a girl says "nothing", she doesn't actually mean it. Considering you haven't been together that long, you could have just got her something really small like flowers, which is still better than nothing.
Reply 27
Lol bitch slapped yo dumb ass.
I'm a woman, I'm that simple.

Whenever I've asked people questions in the past, they've actually meant what they said - how was I to know this was different?

Wait a minute, are you a lesbian?

(Some people are stubborn so I add that I do not find this fact unpleasant in any way.)
Reply 29
Wait a minute, are you a lesbian?

(Some people are stubborn so I add that I do not find this fact unpleasant in any way.)

I don't really have a definition for it. I wouldn't say I'm a lesbian, but on this occasion I was attracted to a woman.

Original post by OrangeSocks
Whenever a girl says "nothing", she doesn't actually mean it. Considering you haven't been together that long, you could have just got her something really small like flowers, which is still better than nothing.

But how was I supposed to know that when she said nothing, she didn't actually mean nothing.
I don't really have a definition for it. I wouldn't say I'm a lesbian, but on this occasion I was attracted to a woman.

Oh, I am a giddy goat. My definition of the word "girlfriend" automatically made me think that you were a male in an intimate relationship with a female. So she was your female friend, is that correct? If yes, accept my apologies, please and note that you are even more great because you are a rational female. :biggrin:
Reply 31
Oh, I am a giddy goat. My definition of the word "girlfriend" automatically made me think that you were a male in an intimate relationship with a female. So she was your female friend, is that correct? If yes, accept my apologies, please and note that you are even more great because you are a rational female. :biggrin:

It was a romantic relationship, although never really got very intimate - I'm asexual and she was new to dating, we were going slowly.
It was a romantic relationship, although never really got very intimate - I'm asexual and she was new to dating, we were going slowly.

All right then, now it is clear to me. I advise you to consult some other female friends next time. It helps because they might interpret the words and subtle signals of your female partner more accurately and provide you with the "translated version". It is just the way it is love is considerably irrational and so is behaviour of some persons. Good luck to you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
All right, then, now it is clear to me. I advise you to consult some other female friends next time. It helps because they might interpret the words and subtle signals of your female partner more accurately and provide you with the "translated version". It is just the way it is love is considerably irrational and so is behaviour of some persons. Good luck to you.

Thanks - I think I'll need it. :s-smilie: Hopefully the next person I'm attracted to will be more straight talking.
Reply 34
i watched the brilliant going the distance recentlyu with justin long and drew barrymore and the same thing happens to the guy in the opening scene are you sure you haven't watched the film and decided to post what happened to that guy its ok you can admit to having seen the film and found yourself thinking it as a seminal cinematic masterpiece and trying to pass of what happens to the characters in the film as real events that you yourself experienced because i sometimes do that myself the other day i watched the lion king then posted on facebook that my dad was dead and my uncle murdered him but nobody believed me because its a bit far fetched to be honest
Reply 35
Original post by beecher
i watched the brilliant going the distance recentlyu with justin long and drew barrymore and the same thing happens to the guy in the opening scene are you sure you haven't watched the film and decided to post what happened to that guy its ok you can admit to having seen the film and found yourself thinking it as a seminal cinematic masterpiece and trying to pass of what happens to the characters in the film as real events that you yourself experienced because i sometimes do that myself the other day i watched the lion king then posted on facebook that my dad was dead and my uncle murdered him but nobody believed me because its a bit far fetched to be honest

I don't even know who these people are, nor have I heard of that film.

Quick Reply

Latest