Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pixie cut looks awesome on a lot of women, but alas, my round face will not allow it. :emo:

Shortest I had it was a graduated bob which was really short at the back, and it looked awesome, but problem is my hair grows so fast I would have to get it cut at least once a month and I just can't afford that - otherwise I would get it done again

I do like long hair but after a while it gets boring. It doesn't matter how I have it cut, it will grow out after about 2 weeks and just look boring again. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Icut mine short last summer andhave grown to hate it, it lies flat on top and genrally looks limp. my hair is naturally thick and shiny so it survives most things well but I'm growing my hair after that disaster

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting mine trimmed tmrw! Side and back buzzed with long bangs this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    How round, though? I was worried about my face too before I got it done, but it actually flattered the shape more, whereas I was worried the hair'd be nice in spite of what it did to my face
    You can see on my profile I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough to cut off my long hair!

ReputationRep:
    I have a round face in my opinion, yet my short hair still suits me! alot better than my longer hair actually :O
    So i wouldn't rule it out completely to all those that are saying they'd like short hair but their face shape is stopping them

ReputationRep:
    "asymmetrical pixie", a what?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wish I had short hair. Long hair is so annoying, time consuming and often in the way. Kudos to you! My hair also grows super fast, so it would be very expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    "asymmetrical pixie", a what?
    well asymmetrical means 'no symmetry' therefore with hair it means its different on either side. sooo with an asymmetrical pixie cut, one side is short as in 'boy' short (like a pixie cut) and the other may be chin length!
    think Frankie from the Saturdays and you'll have the right idea

ReputationRep:
    I got mine cut into an inverted bob about 9 months ago and its slowly growing back long.. I hate it short, love my long hair.

ReputationRep:
    I used to always get my hair cut into a shortish layered bob with a fringe, simply cause I got bored with trying to grow my hair, but I'm going for the long look now. Currently, my hair is just below my shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xPipkinx)
    well asymmetrical means 'no symmetry' therefore with hair it means its different on either side. sooo with an asymmetrical pixie cut, one side is short as in 'boy' short (like a pixie cut) and the other may be chin length!
    think Frankie from the Saturdays and you'll have the right idea
    Thanks, i got a boner now.

ReputationRep:
    short hair FTW!

I have some pics in my profile but it has grown a bit since then (still 'boy' short though ) and it's nearly back to the original colour.

but yeh short >long

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I can take it or leave it. I definitely prefer long-ish hair on a girl, like around shoulder length, although some girls definitely look better with short hair.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's really short, pic in sig

ReputationRep:
    Short hair can make girls look really cute, I love it

ReputationRep:
    I have quite long hair atm, cos i have a big nose, but when I get my nose sorted, I want my hair really short.

ReputationRep:
    Emma Watson, enough said. <333333

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    Mine's really short, pic in sig
    Oh wow, PRETTY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Oh wow, PRETTY!
    :hugs: thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    :hugs: thanks
    No worries :hugs: You have such good skin/face shape, I'm very envious!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.