Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Christmas day = Christmas food

ReputationRep:
    Christmas eve/morning and boxing day are the best times.

Christmas eve becuse I've made it my own tradition to watch Bad Santa and have a drink.

Xmas morning because I get to see family but, like others have said, when it gets to 3-5 o'clock and you're not yet drunk it's kind of depressing just sitting there watching crap TV. I usually end up falling asleep =/

Boxing day because I get to see the other side of my family.

ReputationRep:
    I do love Christmas Eve - the night time, not the day [I often have to work during the day]. Traditionally, my family watch Muppet's Christmas Carol together, we cook the turkey and I suppose there is a nice sense of anticipation.

Christmas Day has so much pressure on it to have a good time. And, we always have my grandma to join us - as my mother and grandmother don't get on, you can imagine the fun that causes lol. You spend most of the day walking on egg shells - one of the reasons I've cooked the dinner the last few years, as it keeps me out of the way lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well Xmas eve, I go to work, get slaughtered and dress all festive and lame. I get home to find a huge buffet of food waiting for me courtesy of Mum & Dad..

Xmas Day- I'm hungover, I wake up to one of Dad's famous bacon sarnies and a huge glass of OJ...

I proceed to drink Port through a straw, drunkenly play Texas Hold 'Em and open numerous pressies... AND OMG THE FOOOD....

I love Xmas, I hate the cost. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Christmas Eve by far.
    Every Christmas I think how it's the worst one yet...just the general mood, by 6pm everyone's drunk and I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    I love Christmas Eve! Often the anticipation is better than the initial buzz on Christmas morning, and then suddenly it hits about 3pm and it feels like it's all over. And then there's Boxing Day and my entire family sink into a mutual depression.
    LOL spot on!

Christmas Eve is better IMO as there's the anticipation of Christmas Day to come, everyone's chilled out, the whole family are around etc

Christmas Day is a bit antichlimactic!

ReputationRep:
    Christmas Eve I guess. Only because Christmas Day is horrible in my house. Arguments, arguments, arguments. My parents piss off down the pub at lunch for a few hours and last year my brother cooked the dinner, got in a stress and chucked the whole lot across the kitchen and when my parents got home they blamed me. No presents. No alcohol.

I used to love Christmas Day when I was little and had a sack full of presents and my parents didn't argue so much, we used to go up to my grans for the best roast dinner ever and see everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this "Christmas Day is anti climatic" thing. I love Christmas Eve because we finish doing all the decorations, have lunch and dinner together and it's really nice, but I love Christmas day too. I didn't realise that so many people drank over Christmas though; no-one in my family does that.
    Oh, I love Boxing day too- my dad's side of the family comes round and we play girls vs boys Trivial Pursuit. I'm such a geek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    They are. Deadlines are usually over, and (if you're at uni) you have plenty of time off to enjoy yourself. Also, if it's snowing, that is always fun! But the snow here is melting
    I have a piece of coursework due in and an exam on the last day of term (at uni)

ReputationRep:
    christmas eve, dim the lights, switch on the christmas tree lights and the fire, sit down with the family and watch entertaining but **** films

ReputationRep:
    The whole of December is just one long party.

Whether or not you prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas Day basically depends on what your particular family's tradition is. I always used to like Boxing day the best when I was a kid.

At least we can agree that both option are considerably better than New Year's Eve.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid I loved Christmas Eve. All of the family always went to the local working mens club at night and I always got insanely excited. Nowadays, I work all day and go for a meal/ up town at night...

I LOVE Christmas day. Open presents in the morning then go to visit all of the family to exchange gifts and see everyone, then we have Christmas dinner around my nan and grandad's, followed by naps/ Xmas day TV/ movies/ chocolates and a buffet tea. Hopefully a snowball fight too! It's the only time of the year when all of my family comes together so I love it

ReputationRep:
    That's a hard choice... Christmas Eve is a quiet morning in bed for me as my Mum works a half day, then she gets home and we go to my grannys house and meet everyone. Then come home and we do christmas pressies on Xmas Eve night
    Xmas Day - biiiig dinner, then collapse and watch TV for a while, then go to my aunties house for the night (if the roads aren't hellish) and see everyone again. They're pretty equal for me!

ReputationRep:
    The day were theirs christmas tv specials like dr who

ReputationRep:
    Christmas eve for me since this is where we traditinally open the presents and have the meal where I'm from.

First we have the big Christmas meal, the whole family together, then the dessert where we hide a nut in it. The person finiding the nut gets a small present. After than we make coffee and fill a bowl with all kinda of sweets and light the candles on the christmas tree. Then we sing some of the tradiational christmas songs, and finally take turns to choose presents for people to open.

The next 3 days of christmas are full of missing bits from the drinking. During the lunches we do a shot with everyone in the room and then drink even more while eating, so everyone ends up very drunk. Then there's a few days to recover, and finally New Years eve where we all send up fireworks at midnight.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy Christmas Eve as I go out with a few mates for a couple of drinks, which is nice and relaxing. Plus the atmosphere is good as everyone is in the Christmas spirit. However, Christmas Day is where it is as, see my immediate family, have nice food and open presents. Sure, by 6 o'clock or so it is ****. But that is when you play with said presents.

Also, Christmas TV is usually quality.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas eve is usually better than christmas for me, but that because my parents always seem to end up arguing on christmas day, plus the fact we tell my mum every year that we don't want a turkey and that she doesn't have to make a christmas dinner but then she'll end up getting one and cooking it all by herself...:rolleyes:

The whole thing is overated after childhood

ReputationRep:
      I'm at work on xmas eve... so day.

ReputationRep:
      Christmas Day everytime! I may be 17 but for some reason I still wake up really early with excitement on Christmas Day. Only downside is that by 9pm you're shattered :p:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.