Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've decided to quit university... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP,
    I know exactly how you feel.
    I currently do events management with the intention of being a wedding planner and i'm finding the course to be based on business, accounting and marketing and covers the same things that I did at GCSE & A level which is very frustrating and unmotivating.

I have been seriously considering leaving university but having looked in to my other options I feel pretty much stuck with staying at uni. Like you I also considered beauty therapy at college next september but thats a long time away with not much hope for a decent job to kill time.

At the end of the day you have to do what makes you happy & if your in a position to do that with your plan B do it As everyone has been telling me you can always come back to uni if you change your mind, nothing is set in stone!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys.

Ok an update...

I've quit officially!!

Problem: My halls of residence is a pain in the arse and I HAVE to pay £94/week even after I have vacated until a new tenant moves in... so I have to find another tenant. I've been thinking Gumtree but considering I'm back home in Leeds it would mean going to Sheffield for a day of advertising...

Any ideas where I could successfully advertise where a lot of people would see it?

I'm going back to Sheffield tomorrow evening to collect essentials and take numerous photographs of the place for the advertisement.

Any advice guys? I cannot afford £94 a week!

...Thing is... I'm being pressurised to contact Student Finance straight away but if I cancel... I'm paying £94 a week of my £120/week wage paying my room! So surely I should keep quiet? Or not?

ADVICE PLEASE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahlouisejarvis)
    Thanks for the advice guys.

Ok an update...

I've quit officially!!

Problem: My halls of residence is a pain in the arse and I HAVE to pay £94/week even after I have vacated until a new tenant moves in... so I have to find another tenant. I've been thinking Gumtree but considering I'm back home in Leeds it would mean going to Sheffield for a day of advertising...

Any ideas where I could successfully advertise where a lot of people would see it?

I'm going back to Sheffield tomorrow evening to collect essentials and take numerous photographs of the place for the advertisement.

Any advice guys? I cannot afford £94 a week!

...Thing is... I'm being pressurised to contact Student Finance straight away but if I cancel... I'm paying £94 a week of my £120/week wage paying my room! So surely I should keep quiet? Or not?

ADVICE PLEASE!!
    Have a go at posting here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.