Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of the Year 2010 - Vote now! Watch

• View Poll Results: Game of the Year 2010 ...
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    8.02%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    4.58%
    BioShock 2
    2.29%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    8.40%
    F1 2010
    3.05%
    Fallout: New Vegas
    6.49%
    Fifa 11
    7.25%
    Final Fantasy 13
    2.67%
    God of War 3
    2.29%
    Gran Turismo 5
    6.11%
    Halo: Reach
    6.11%
    Mass Effect 2
    13.74%
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    0.76%
    Red Dead Redemption
    17.56%
    StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    3.44%
    Other - I will post my nomination.
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love F1 2010 and GT5, it has to be Red Dead Redemption.
    I sold it thinking it wasn't great, now I miss it so much! I lost hours on that game

ReputationRep:
    Other - Arma 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    People voting Red Dead Redemption, is Undead Nightmare good? :holmes:
    It's great but not a whole lot different in terms of game play. You still rock around on a horse saving people/towns just with zombies trying to eat you rather than bandits trying to kill you.

I voted for GT5. Yes there are problems with it, but I absolutely love it. It's doing better than I expected in this poll too!

ReputationRep:
    red dead redemption i suppose

ReputationRep:
    i voted black ops because It's the only game I've played out of the list because I can't afford games nowadays!

Was a toss up between Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption. Went for RDR since it had everything - awesome environment, gameplay, graphics and story. Mass Effect 2 had great gameplay, graphics but the story was weaker than the first.

ReputationRep:
      Mass effect 2, by a longshot. My god that game is good.

ReputationRep:
      Got to be Red Dead Redemption, mainly for the story and environment. Setting it at a time when civilisation is coming to the Wild West was a stroke of genius.

ReputationRep:
      Im going to come out of hiding to say I voted Starcraft 2, after an absolute age of a wait for the second to be released I have amassed so many hours playing.

Ah, hm - dunno why I was expecting something more. Is there any good zombie related multiplayer? Like CoD and Left 4 Dead with its hold your own against hordes.

Getting GT5 soon. :jive:
        :hmmm:

I'm in your cupboards, plaguing your tins.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
        Getting GT5 soon. :jive:
        :five:

ReputationRep:
        thats the most retarded vote i've ever seen. red dead redemption was nowhere near as good as mass effect! i just think yoiu're a bunch of casuals who play crap tier games because your friends do. and the fact that ANY of you voted for black cops is just proof of this! well hope you enjoyed your rehash of a rehash with that game. even halo: reach was less of a rehash than black cops.

ME2.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jolteon)
        thats the most retarded vote i've ever seen. red dead redemption was nowhere near as good as mass effect! i just think yoiu're a bunch of casuals who play crap tier games because your friends do. and the fact that ANY of you voted for black cops is just proof of this! well hope you enjoyed your rehash of a rehash with that game. even halo: reach was less of a rehash than black cops.

ME2.
        ME2 is (until January) a 360 exclusive whereas RDR is multi-platform. Multi-platform = bigger audience.

ReputationRep:
        Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

ReputationRep:
        Honestly, this year has been terrible for games.
        Most that have been released have been rehashed sequels riddled with bugs and **** all innovation.

The only good game really was Mass Effect 2, however that was a joke as most of the game was kept out as DLC and other garbage.

ReputationRep:
        Brotherhood, definitely. AC remains one of the only modern franchises which actually responds to what people want and took a great idea and built on it every single time. Brotherhood refines much of the foundations set in AC2 and adds great extras like the challenge mode and online.

Assassin's Creed is rapidly becoming one of my favourite franchises ever.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Jimbo1234)
        The only good game really was Mass Effect 2, however that was a joke as most of the game was kept out as DLC and other garbage.
        ME2 was 30 hours long :/ Just because they planned post-release DLC doesn't mean it was kept out of the main game.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by OneInSolidarity)
        Black ops for me, just because I haven't really bought anything else!
        Thanks for the neg rep lads!! I guess that's what you get for being financially lacking on this forum! Irony?!

I joke of course ;D

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by mikeyd85)
        Go F1 2010!
        Yes!!
        ________
        Why is GT5 beating F1 2010? Codemasters did an awesome job with something completely new to them, in just a year, whereas GT5 hasn't lived up to expectations even after being in development for 5 years? F1 is better than normal racing, except the RB X1 in GT5, that thing just looks beastly.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by estel)
        ME2 was 30 hours long :/ Just because they planned post-release DLC doesn't mean it was kept out of the main game.
        30 hrs is short for rpg's. A few years ago rpg's were expected to be a minimum of 50 hours, and normally 100 hrs +.
        As for the DLC, the are parts of the game designed specifically for the DLC before it was released eg. the crew quarters for the DLC characters already existed on the original copy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.