Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hughton sacked at Newcastle Watch

ReputationRep:
    terrible timing

ReputationRep:
    Why have the board even thought about it, his treatment is absolutely disgusting and I wonder what the fans are gonna have to say :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im pissed

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely disgusting. Guy's done nothing wrong, took up the reigns when nobody else would, easily got us promoted and guided us to a comfortable, if inconsistent start of the season.

I'm really pissed off at this decision. No logic whatsoever behind it.
    • TSR Support Team

I know this has been said a million times but Souness to be put in charge?

ReputationRep:
    As a Sunderland fan this made my week.

Looks like you're going down, again. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute disgrace. As for that 5under1and fan... **** off you inbred ****er

This man has done nothing wrong. 11th in the premier league for a newly promoted team is fantastic. The chairman seems to think they are attempting to challenge for champions league.
      • TSR Support Team

Mike Ashley is in cuckoo land as usual.

ReputationRep:
      Shearer please :gah:

ReputationRep:
      It's decisions like this that make non-Newcastle fans think the club is a joke.

ReputationRep:
      Just wtf?! Seems a stupid thing to do..

ReputationRep:
      Who would want to go and manage the club if this is how you're treated?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      Agreed. Also thought this was a wum. Bad times newcastle

ReputationRep:
      Absolutely ridiculous decision, 11th in the table (with a very average squad) isn't good enough for these clowns in charge of the club.

ReputationRep:
      It seems Hughton was used and abused just to get the club back into the Championship and when he did, the owners couldn't sack him after such a successful campaign so they probably hoped Newcastle would have a terrible start to the season and then it's easier to avoid the bad PR they would get by sacking him.

To his credit, Hughton did the opposite and got some impressive results. So, Ashley didn't publicly support his manager and after a 3-1 loss, was the best time he thought to dump him.

Ashley's a complete idiot and has probably ruined the decent support he'd had in sticking with Hughton. I hope this decision backfires on him as he deserves it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      Edited and quoted for truth.

Mike Ashley you fat, horrible little man! :mad:

ReputationRep:
      It is just a joke. Experienced managers have only helped Newcastle get relegated. Hughton was given one chance and has delivered. He has only been taking the club forward since the Championship. Had he not been sacked, I could see him challenging for Carling cup next year and would earned a Europa League spot. West Brom owners have had faith in Di Matteo, he isn't experience, look how well he is doing. barcelona's Guardiola is new to managing too. Big mistake by Mike Ashley

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mackemforever)
      As a Sunderland fan this made my week.

Looks like you're going down, again. Yay.
      Lol, I'm loving how much neg rep I've got for this post.

Bring it on guys, show me how much you hate mackems!

ReputationRep:
      Mike Ashley is going to ruin us, expect kinnear as our new manager again and carroll sold for a quick buck in january

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.