Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would your change your choice of A Levels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd change politics to German.. but at my school, I was the only person who wanted to do German, so the course didn't run
    Apart from that, I'd not change any of mine for another.

ReputationRep:
    blankspace

ReputationRep:
    I love my subjects. However I may make a few changes

Currently:
    Maths
    F. Maths
    Chemistry
    Biology
    History

I have more work in history than my other subjects combined . I did consider geography but I just enjoyed history more so I took it, I sometimes regret it but my love of history reminds me that's the reason I took it.

Further maths - some uni's don't even count it. However I think it challenges me and I enjoy challenges :giggle:.
    However, I wouldn't have mind if I took physics instead - but the reason I didn't take physics is because I find it's all about "moving" as my chemistry teacher described it :giggle:. But I have to do M1 :mad: but it's okay. Wasn't as bad as I'd prepared myself for.

But I'm extremely happy with Maths, Bio, Chem and I definitely wouldn't change them I need Bio/Chem anyway for med and I do generally enjoy the subjects - although Biology can be quite dull, but then again, I enjoy learning new things. Thirst for knowledge I have :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygreg)
    As the title states, personally I would swap History for Geography and change my Psychology AS level and do Politics and Government instead.
    What would you change?
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    I would change Gov + Politics to Psychology or Fine Art.

The subject is bloody dire!
    By that, are you suggesting gov + politics is just plain boring or too difficult, or both?

ReputationRep:
    I'd have done Psychology instead of English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    By that, are you suggesting gov + politics is just plain boring or too difficult, or both?
    Well, for my other subjects I'v been getting A's n B's (phil, hist, lit), so I don't necessarily think it's the work that's difficult.

I guess, politics for me is not difficult but just very dull + I got a lazy teacher who doesn't mark our work. =.=

ReputationRep:
    Would have taken maths instead of physics. I enjoy physics, it just seems that maths is more preferred when you're looking into chemistry degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (:Becca(:)
    I'd have done Psychology instead of English Lit.
    Are you doing the Crucible + Othello?

Oops, you've done AS already, NVM LOL.

ReputationRep:
    drop biology for french

ReputationRep:
    I would have ditched Media because it was utterly useless to me, and ICT because I cannot stand it at all. Probably would have liked to have done History in place of ICT, and maybe taken something completely different like Physics at AS instead of Media, because I always liked Science and I kind of regret giving up on it completely.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt have chosen to do maths, probably would have chosen Classics instead.

ReputationRep:
    Did:Law, English (comb), History and Psychology.

Wish i'd done: Law, History, English Lit and Politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawology)
    Did:Law, English (comb), History and Psychology.

Wish i'd done: Law, History, English Lit and Politics.
    Politics is honestly the most boring, uninteresting subject ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis :D)
    Politics is honestly the most boring, uninteresting subject ever!
    is it? i really enjoy law and was hoping it would be similar to that. i just haaaate psychology, with an actual passion. the teachers are all terrible and the classwork is ridiculous - we literally just make posters and leaflets. it should be called arts and crafts; bring out the glitter.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have done Chemistry rather than Psych up to AS level, and done Eng Lit rather than Lit/Lang to full A2 level. But I'm happy with History and Gov/Pol.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. I loved all my subjects and they were a great preparation for uni. I did the subjects in my sig to A-level, except for French which I was going to take as an AS over two years but dropped the winter of year 13 because I didn't have enough time with uni applications. The French course was a bit weird if you ask me but I still don't wish I never took it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would rather do Further maths or Physics instead of ****ing psychology

ReputationRep:
    I would change Law and Health and Social Care to Sociology and Biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawology)
    is it? i really enjoy law and was hoping it would be similar to that. i just haaaate psychology, with an actual passion. the teachers are all terrible and the classwork is ridiculous - we literally just make posters and leaflets. it should be called arts and crafts; bring out the glitter.
    Yeah, I was hoping it included more discussion and debates but it's learning about pressure groups and ideologies and stuff, it doesn't sound that boring but it seriously is unfortunately :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.