Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud to be a virgin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rilep)
    Being a virgin is nothing to be proud of or ashamed.
    I agree with this. I'm not really ashamed about being a virgin. Luckily, I'm amongst people who don't really mind about that stuff, so I don't need to worry about being made fun of for it. But I'm not proud of it either. It's just, meh. I'll admit that I do get frustrated at times about all the waiting. I can't help being curious and slightly jealous of other people doing it. And I would ideally like to have lost it by now, but I just simply haven't found the right guy yet, that's all. So, meh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud, but i'm not freaking out about it. I'm 17, basically everyone I know isn't a virgin if I take their word for it, and I would happily accept sex but I really don't have an extreme urge to try and force the issue with someone.

ReputationRep:
    Boring thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Hells yeah brutha!
    We will be virgins forever man...

ReputationRep:
    I like cuddling.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Indifferent. Why should it matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee8)
    I'm not. but it's just "a thing"

and get off your high horse, "oh I'm a virgin therefore I must be pure, better than you STD infested sex-having people you"
    this made me laugh somewhat

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud of it, but I am happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine to be happy with the fact that you're a virgin - it's not something you should worry about and it's good that you don't. Lots of boys do worry about it and it's much better to just be happy with/accepting of it!
    However, "proud" might not be the best word for it - and it's not something that makes you a better person than someone who isn't a virgin. I'm not a virgin and it isn't because I "succumbed to peer pressure" it's because I wanted to.
    Oh and finally, how do you know sex is overrated if you've never had it? Bit of a silly statement that.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a 'phase' to me, it's not like I'll stay one forever.

ReputationRep:
    I was a happy virgin, but I'm even happier not being one

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone be proud to be a virgin?
    It's nothing to be ashamed about, but neither is it something to be proud of :s

ReputationRep:
    Pretty neutral tbh.

ReputationRep:
    rock on dude, rock on :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone be proud of being a virgin? :confused: granted if you are religious/ celibate.

I know sex isn't what life is all about.. but it is a damn good way of passing the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud/jubilant but then I'm not embarrassed/ashamed either.

Just indifferent. I imagine most virgins feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    pride is for fools

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I am happy to be a virgin as it is what being a Christian is about But I do not condemn anyone else of a contrary faith for it.

ReputationRep:
    You can only be proud if you're religious.

ReputationRep:
    It didn't make me feel proud or ashamed, it's just what I was, not being one now doesn't make me feel worse about myself, I made the right decision at the right time and have no regrets

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.