Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you've previously used LSD.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Assuming you're going to try it given the other post you've made on this thread, do you actually have a reputable source from which to get it? And I don't want a "yeah, my mate knows someone who lives down the road" sort of response.

There are LOADS of psychedelics, all which could be sold under the guise of LSD because it's the most recognisable (synthetic) hallucinogenic.

Edit: You also don't know how strong the stuff could be...
    http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=52084
    LSD is rarely impure and it's rare to be sold something else under the pretence that's LSD.

ReputationRep:
    I love telling people about my experience because it was so interesting. Doors of perception, no ****. I will reply tomorrow when I have more time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Sorry, but, DMT (dimephyltriptamine) is by far the most potent psychadelic... And it's naturally occuring. It's released in our brains when we sleep and can be found is just about every living organism. I am willing to dispute with the homeoffice becuase I've read a lot about it and have tried both LSD and DMT.
    DMT is serveral orders of magnitude less potent than LSD. A threshold dose of LSD is 20 micro grams (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml), a threshold dosage of DMT is 2-5mg (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_dose.shtml), that means LSD is 100 times more potent than DMT. Threshold oral doses of Salvia are 250-500 micro grams (http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2830) or 0.25mg, again, making it more potent than DMT by an order of magnitude.

So yeah...Look things up before you go spreading rumours.

That being said I do actually have a problem with the sentence:

(Original post by thisisnew)
    If you're unsure about taking any drug then you shouldn't full stop. If you absolutely insist then remember that LSD is currently illegal in the UK and where as something like Salvia Divinorum (the most potent naturally occurring hallucinogen) is currently legal.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here but it almost sounds as if you're saying, that it's okay to do Salvia because it's legal but it's not okay to do LSD because it's illegal, even though you've stated that Salvia is in fact an incredibly powerful hallucinogenic which should indicate to you the fact that the illegality of a drug has absolutely nothing to do with its effects. So citing that one is legal and one is not, is a pointless exercise and has absolutely no real bearing on a decision to take a drug.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but, DMT () is by far the most potent psychadelic... And it's naturally occuring. It's released in our brains when we sleep and can be found is just about every living organism. I am willing to dispute with the homeoffice becuase I've read a lot about it and have tried both LSD and DMT.
    You're willing to dispute with the home office on the legality of LSD? I don't think that's up to you to decide.

Regarding potency:

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally occurring hallucinogenic drug of the tryptamine family. This drug is found not only in many plants,[3] but also in trace amounts in the human body, where its natural function remains undetermined.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

Also, dissociation is remarkably administered by Salvinorin A's (from the salvia divinorum plant shown to the left) potent ?-Opioid receptor agonism [18] (dissociation characteristically comes through NMDA antagonism), which is notably the most potent psychoactive chemical harnessed directly from the plant kingdom. Effects from salvinorin A have been infamously documented on youtube and typically last from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the route of administration (inhalation and "quidding," respectively).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen

Maybe you're talking about personal experience but that's highly subjective. I'm browsing some forums where people recall their experiences and some are saying their Salvia trip was more intense than their DMT trip and vice versa.

From what I've read Salvia in its purest form is more potent "per molecule" than anything else ever isolated so I wasn't exactly wrong when I said it was the most potent naturally occurring hallucinogen. Feel free to provide me some evidence suggesting otherwise and not some people saying "I've tried both and the DMT trip was more intense".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here but it almost sounds as if you're saying, that it's okay to do Salvia because it's legal but it's not okay to do LSD because it's illegal, even though you've stated that Salvia is in fact an incredibly powerful hallucinogenic which should indicate to you the fact that the illegality of a drug has absolutely nothing to do with its effects. So citing that one is legal and one is not, is a pointless exercise and has absolutely no real bearing on a decision to take a drug.
    That's not what I intended to imply. I warned the OP of some of the problems of both. LSD being illegal and Salvia being ridiculously potent.

The next five words after what you quoted were "There are risks to both" and note the use of "currently" when describing the legality of salvia; it (to me at least) suggests that it is a contentious issue.

I guess I could of phrased it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    I love telling people about my experience because it was so interesting. Doors of perception, no ****. I will reply tomorrow when I have more time.
    Have you ever tried Mescalin?

ReputationRep:
    DMT is serveral orders of magnitude less potent than LSD. A threshold dose of LSD is 20 micro grams (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml), a threshold dosage of DMT is 2-5mg (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_dose.shtml), that means LSD is 100 times more potent than DMT. Threshold oral doses of Salvia are 250-500 micro grams (http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2830) or 0.25mg, again, making it more potent than DMT by an order of magnitude.

So yeah...Look things up before you go spreading rumours.
    Yes, you're completely correct... What I meant by potency was the profoundness of the drugs' respective trips, not the pharmacological definition (which factors in concentration). If I had to describe their differences I'd say LSD alters your reality, whereas DMT takes you to another reality.

ReputationRep:
    The Doors of Perception

(Original post by yousif92)
    listen to piper at the gates of dawn by pink floyd. Then come back in an hour and ask the same question.
    Thisss.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're completely correct... What I meant by potency was the profoundness of the drugs' respective trips, not the pharmacological definition (which factors in concentration). If I had to describe their differences I'd say LSD alters your reality, whereas DMT takes you to another reality.
    But that's not potency...That's subjective experience....Something completely different. The phrase 'the most potent psychedelic' is only valid in terms of threshold dosages, it is not a valid term with regards to subjective experiences.

ReputationRep:
    But that's not potency...That's subjective experience....Something completely different. The phrase 'the most potent psychedelic' is only valid in terms of threshold dosages, it is not a valid term with regards to subjective experiences.
    Sometimes words in the English language have more than one definition...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/potent

(Nothing like 2 INTJ's arguing)

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes words in the English language have more than one definition...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/potent

(Nothing like 2 INTJ's arguing)
    It's irrelevant, you can't meaningfully compare the 'profound' effects of LSD to DMT since they're subjective. It's not valid to say "My DMT trip was more profound than your LSD trip and so DMT is more potent" since firstly, you can't quantify what counts as 'more' profound and secondly you can't ever guarantee their LSD wasn't more profound, they're completely seperate and subjective things so it's meaningless to compare. The only potency comparison you can make is threshold dosage and that's what is used.

ReputationRep:
    It's irrelevant, you can't meaningfully compare the 'profound' effects of LSD to DMT since they're subjective. It's not valid to say "My DMT trip was more profound than your LSD trip and so DMT is more potent" since firstly, you can't quantify what counts as 'more' profound and secondly you can't ever guarantee their LSD wasn't more profound, they're completely seperate and subjective things so it's meaningless to compare. The only potency comparison you can make is threshold dosage and that's what is used.
    Since when does everything have to be quantified? Yes, I'll admit you can't "objectively" compare the two in terms of experience, but that's not to say that the subjective opinions are not important. Aldous Huxely devoted a lot of his life to precisely this - subjective experimentation of psychadelics.

ReputationRep:
    Since when does everything have to be quantified? Yes, I'll admit you can't "objectively" compare the two in terms of experience, but that's not to say that the subjective opinions are not important. Aldous Huxely devoted a lot of his life to precisely this - subjective experimentation of psychadelics.
    It is has to be quantified otherwise you can't directly compare...It's not hard to grasp, you can't say "I have some oranges and you have a few apples" and then compare the apple to orange ratio, you have to be to quantify it in some way first. In your second line you admit this "Yes, I'll admit you can't "objectively" compare the two in terms of experience" that's it, after that, there's nothing more to say. I never said subjective opinions aren't important but that's all they are opinions and you can't use opinions to backup facts to support the answer to the question "What is the most potent drug?". That question can only be answered if the effect of the drugs can be compared and you can't compare subjective experiences, you simply can't.

I'm just repeating myself now. If you can't understand this then...I dunno....whatever.

ReputationRep:
    LSD is rarely impure and it's rare to be sold something else under the pretence that's LSD.
    Depends who you know and who they know. LSD generally isn't easy (well, certainly not around my area anyway) to find unless you know the right people, and even then they could get it off someone who isn't fully trustworthy and has replaced it with a tryptamine substitute. It happens and is something to watch out for, that's all my point was

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it. I sat around feeling very content whilst watching a house breath and grass play noughts and crosses with itself.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever tried Mescalin?
    Nope. Here is a brief report.

I am very much a socially perceptive person so one the most interesting parts for me was how, when listening to a conversation between my friends, I could see all their words align on a 3d grid. It's hard to explain but it was like the social structure of the interaction in grid format. One person would say something and this would shoot off across an axis and the other would say something which would shoot off on another axis, then the thoughts would intercept. The grid was like a grid of 3d multicoloured cubes and I could see it in front of me. But it didn't feel like a trivial hallucination it felt like I was actually seeing the grid of social interaction.

I also listened to a jungle mix. A track that I was familiar with, called acid rain by breakage, suddenly made sense. I knew why it was titled acid rain and the mish mash of beats and sounds sounded like acid rain corroding buildings. It was a moment of pure perpcetion! These words are just completely feeble in trying to explain it. And there was also a train in there called comatose also by breakage that was very sciency and techy sort of sounding and these sounds seemed to perfectly sum up my mindstate of having my senses and perceptions completely open and creative and flowing. Have a google they're on youtube you might see what I mean.

There were also other cool little things. Me and my mate were on the net mucking about and there was a picture of a wall with loads of girls against it, backs towards the camera. We'd both seen this picture a few times before because it was in someone's sig on a forum. Anyway this time we simultanously saw the girls rotating and moving their bums about - it actually looked like a movie. Again it felt very real and we both saw it at the same time. Also colours were changing. I felt floaty and peaceful and warm watching my room sublty melt in different ways around me.

Out of all this though, the social interaction grid sticks out, even though it sounds totally wacky the way I've described it and just sounds like I was tripping, but I felt my perception was 100% open and real.

ReputationRep:
    The visuals are cool, but impossible to accurately describe. I saw swarms of lizards crawl across the ceiling, roof tiles arranging themselves into a game of space invaders before the skylight started to consume them, Dali paintings come to life as if the paint had been made from live ants. Objects react to music and sound, the walls breathe, and the grass became a patchwork quilt. Awesome. But what rarely gets any attention are the mental effects. Everything somehow seems balanced and right, you will start thinking about things from fresh perspectives. You will get more thinking done during a 10 hour acid trip than you usually would in a week.

To summarise my experiences: incredible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.