Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

David Cameron: "I am a Zionist..."? Watch

ReputationRep:
    He redefined Zionism to make the Conservatives look sexy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    and a right to their country

You missed the most telling part.
    Any poltcian would say that citizens of any country have a right to their country.

Americans have a right to America

Britains have a right to Britain.

I could go on

(Original post by Broderss)
      It's a good thing Ed Milliband is Polish then.
      Ed Milliband isn't Polish. He's Jewish.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      Any poltcian would say that citizens of any country have a right to their country.

Americans have a right to America

Britains have a right to Britain.

I could go on
      Except that in many cases, if you are a Zionist then your land (i.e. Eretz Israel) would be for Jews, and you wouldn't want anyone else having your country, and that would include Palestinians, or who Jews might call 'Philistines'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      Ed Milliband isn't Polish. He's Jewish.
      His parents were both, he is not Jewish, thus he must be Polish and therefore must share Nazi ideologies.

ReputationRep:
      European Zionism is often quite different to American Zionism, and there are of course many definitions of Zionism within Israel itself.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Martyn*)
      Except that in many cases, if you are a Zionist then your land (i.e. Eretz Israel) would be for Jews, and you wouldn't want anyone else having your country, and that would include Palestinians, or who Jews might call 'Philistines'.
      I very much doubt Cameron has those views. You really read way to much into everything

His parents were both, he is not Jewish, thus he must be Polish and therefore must share Nazi ideologies.
        Ignorant peasant.

ReputationRep:
        Anyone with two brain cells knows that Zionism is an abhorrent and racist ideology that promotes fierce forms of nationalism and oppression (onto Palestinians). However, it goes without saying that Cameron has to have a certain pre-disposition when it comes to Israel, his party keen to ally the UK with the United States. I don't particularly expect much more from Cameron to be frank.

ReputationRep:
        The Milliband brothers are both Jewish. Nazis can be Jewish. In fact, some of Hitler's men were Jews, Ashkenazi Jews.

ReputationRep:
        This is britain, nobody gives a **** about zionism or other religious *****-fights in the middle-east.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
        Anyone with two brain cells knows that Zionism is an abhorrent and racist ideology that promotes fierce forms of nationalism and oppression (onto Palestinians). However, it goes without saying that Cameron has to have a certain pre-disposition when it comes to Israel, his party keen to ally the UK with the United States. I don't particularly expect much more from Cameron to be frank.
        Okay. But the United States is pretty much run by the Israeli Lobby who, I am sure, have their Zionist members. By "run" I mean that they weil a lot of influence.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Retrodiction)
        This is britain, nobody gives a **** about zionism or other religious *****-fights in the middle-east.
        The religious ***** fights are also over here like Ireland with the fight between protestantism (the Orange Order) and Catholicism, or the EDL and the BNP who believe that they are fighting a holy crusade by taking back their land from the Muslims. In all this Jewry finds its home. Some time ago ardent Zionists professed that they would make friends with the anti-semites in order to to further their aims, they also said that in the future they would take-over the world and be masters to the Gentiles. They would create chaos and terrorism until all the nations bow down to them.

Although the Jews are not there yet, they have remarkably exercised that ideology in America, for example. Although the UK is sympathetic to Jews, we have to be careful of sounding anti-semitic when we say anything about them. But this is one of the ways that the Jews can weild their influence.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bewafa)
        Death to Cameron!
        How dare you! David Cameron is our greatest PM to date.

ReputationRep:
        Anyone with two brain cells knows that Zionism is an abhorrent and racist ideology
        Well, that's patently false.

that promotes fierce forms of nationalism
        Conflict, not necessarily Zionism, promotes nationalism. Arab and Palestinian nationalism is just as problematic a force in the Middle East as Israeli nationalism.

ReputationRep:
        Yet Islam, which took that land by force as well is different is it? Since when is it unacceptable to take land by force? The Arabs have whole swathes of land they just leave. I notice none of the ridiculous liberals in the West give a crap about areas of Western Africa who are far more oppressed than Palestine ever has been. If the Arabs managed to take the land back through force i'd support their right to own the land as well, but all this crying over losing a war over 50 years ago has to stop - the fact they won't accept the loss is what keeps this going.

ReputationRep:
        Dumb ******.

I have no other useful contribution.

ReputationRep:
        Anyone with two brain cells knows that Zionism is an abhorrent and racist ideology that promotes fierce forms of nationalism and oppression (onto Palestinians).
        Yes, that must be it. Jewish nationalism is inherently oppressive and racist, however every other form of nationalism (especially Palestinian and Arab nationalism) is at the forefront of liberating the oppressed masses? :rolleyes: Once again, JJHC shows his tremendous intellect (read: complete disregard for the actual definition of "Zionism").

ReputationRep:
        He doesn't deserve respect for admitting this; every leader in the West is basically a Zionist.
        I would respect him a lot more if he said he wasn't a Zionist. But it's not really possible for a British PM to say that. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JakePearson)
        Yes, that must be it. Jewish nationalism is inherently oppressive and racist, however every other form of nationalism (especially Palestinian and Arab nationalism) is at the forefront of liberating the oppressed masses? :rolleyes: Once again, JJHC shows his tremendous intellect (read: complete disregard for the actual definition of "Zionism").
        Of course, a Zionist is going to disagree with me, and I make no bones about the fact that whilst I hold strong arguments for what I believe in, there will be people who don't have the same opinion as me.

In addition, when did I claim to be an Arab-nationalist? It's a typical way of subverting the truth, by pointing out something else and then trying to ignore the argument at heart. The reality is that Palestinians are in oppression. Israelis are not. 'Why?' we may ask - because of an ideology that promotes racial-nationalism, and translates in real terms into oppression, violence, occupation and in this case, subversion of the truth. If you think that's fair, amiable or justified, that's your thing - but don't try to make out that I have any obligation to agree with your abhorrent views.

And again - of course, you're going to believe that Zionism is a tutti-frutti belief where nobody is hurt and Palestinians simply don't exist, that would be a much easier solution, after all, who wants those nasty Palestinians to exist? They're all natonalist terrorists hellbent on the destruction of Jews after all :rolleyes: - and anyway you were not born Arab or Palestinian, so you have everything to gain by promoting a nationalism that correlates with your personal persuasion - in this case, Jewish nationalism, so who cares about human rights, or morally justified political positions .

That however, doesn't convince me. I am a humanitarian, a liberal progressive and believer in the freedom of all human beings to prosper without the threat of an oppressive force. I am just as much in opposition to the occupation of Palestine by 'Israel' as I am to the occupation of Western Sahara by Morocco, irrespective of the disparity between the Moroccan claim to WS and the racially motivated claim of Zionists on Palestine.

Jake Pearson, you will never stop us humanitarians from fighting for Justice and Humanity.

Think about it.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.