Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Took me about 10 minutes.
    Im not perfect yet but usually you get used to it once you got the license.

ReputationRep:
    Learned in a diesel so literally didn't have to learn it , just lift slowly no gas or anything..

Then driving a Ka petrol once i'd passed, shocking bad, couldn't believe how many times I stalled. Took me about 4 outings to get it down in a petrol engine car properly .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    10 minutes. Just sit in your family car on the drive and move it forward and back a foot with your left foot alone - it'll come in no time. :yy:
    This... I don't get why people waste money on lessons learning clutch control:confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you practice in your driveway then the only thing I can suggest is that you make sure there's a big gap both in front and behind you. If you happen to dump the clutch you'll lurch the car and possibly slam in to something rather solid.

Other than that, it's an excellent idea!

ReputationRep:
    learn the principles 1 lesson

perfect it ? how about never - no one, not even class 1 police drivers gets it right 100% of the time, which is why type and specific vehicle familiarisation is relevant

ReputationRep:
    I struggled a bit with it at first but you soon get used to it. I found it quite useful to watch some online videos on techniques and such.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

ReputationRep:
    One 1 hour lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Convince parents/friends/relatives to get in a car with you and just spend a good long time on it, honestly, perfecting it comes after the test when you can do it quite quickly absolutely no problem but don't worry about that, worry about getting it right and not if you can do it quick.

ReputationRep:
    1 Lesson - my first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.