The Student Room Group

Why does everyone get a boner over maths?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SeanChamp
I found Edexcel Maths easier than my Business Studies A-Level.
Everyone here is always putting down essay subjects.. maths is piss..

maths - easy
further maths (fp1-fp3, m2, m3, m4) - easy
additional further maths - yawn
step I, II - simple, teasing

I can honestly say that Business is harder than afm..

step II is harder though, lol..

I'm just saying show a lil' respect to the essays you maths bumbandits!

or am i mistaken?

As we say in Cambridge, you, my friend, are a tw.at.
that's not my point. i don't understand how all the people who take maths think they're the dog's nuts. nothing to do with difficulty really.. just some inflated aura. history is harder imho..

i guess we can always say 'each to their own'.. but we could say that to any opinion.

somebody who can express themselves eloquently is more impressive than someone who knows maths

I find history and other essays subjects much much easier than maths actually.
Reply 22
Anyone who is good at maths earns 100+ attraction points, imo.

*expecting pics of Stephen Hawking or similar to follow*
(edited 13 years ago)
my girth is infinity :ssaw:
Because all tsrians are megamathsnerds.
Pow, pow.

That's me shooting a troll.
Reply 26
Oh yeah I always get a raging hard boner over fractions and percentages.
Long division makes me cum in my pants.
that's not my point. i don't understand how all the people who take maths think they're the dog's nuts. nothing to do with difficulty really.. just some inflated aura. history is harder imho..

i guess we can always say 'each to their own'.. but we could say that to any opinion.

somebody who can express themselves eloquently is more impressive than someone who knows maths

I took History and Maths A-level. History is harder in the way you have so much to understand and analyse and question, whereas Maths is difficult in the way that you either get it, or you don't , there's not a middle way and it takes a lot of practise to conquer unless you are gifted. People are talented in different ways, just because people are more talented at one does not make you more impressive overall, just more impressive in that subject area. Also, if you love a subject, you are going to find it easier. I love both equally as my AS results reflect, 100% in History, 82% in Maths, both A's :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by xarcul
As we say in Cambridge, you, my friend, are a tw.at.

how do you say tw.at?
Reply 29
Original post by Absinth
Thanks, I just sprayed my laptop screen with coffee!

"with coffee", eh? I can't keep up with this young slang
Reply 30
Original post by natashapt
I took History and Maths A-level. History is harder in the way you have so much to understand and analyse and question, whereas Maths is difficult in the way that you either get it, or you don't , there's not a middle way and it takes a lot of practise to conquer unless you are gifted. People are talented in different ways, just because people are more talented at one does not make you more impressive overall, just more impressive in that subject area. Also, if you love a subject, you are going to find it easier. I love both equally as my AS results reflect, 100% in History, 82% in Maths, both A's :biggrin:

I disagree that with maths you either get it or you don't. Natural ability is a pile of rubbish, I got 400/400 in C1-C4 and I just did my homeworks and revised hard. I got an A in GCSE maths. People are just "too busy" to see past short term gratification for long term reward
Reply 31
Original post by Le_Bow
Oh yeah I always get a raging hard boner over fractions and percentages.
Long division makes me cum in my pants.

alright mate, good joke
Weird, I know someone who got a good grade in Business studies A-level(I think it was an A or B), but got a D at maths AS!!
Reply 33
depends on the person i mean i find maths a febreeze but when it comes to essay writing well lets just say that i dont always pass but when i do i atack people, know what i mean?

but others are amazing at essay writing and can paint with words so as to make that proverb " picture is worth a 1000 words" look a bit stupid, but then fail really hard at maths because they cannot count and they cannot correspond a number to a letter and then apply simple reasoning principloes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Pow, pow.

That's me shooting a troll.

yeah a troll is anyone who doesn't write something that you see as interesting. Don't write anything then you fool. What a stupid comment.

Ultimate Geek? Ultimate Ass
I disagree that with maths you either get it or you don't. Natural ability is a pile of rubbish, I got 400/400 in C1-C4 and I just did my homeworks and revised hard. I got an A in GCSE maths. People are just "too busy" to see past short term gratification for long term reward

You can't deny that some people are better with numbers than others.
I usually get a cocktail sausage over maths rather than a boner...
yeah a troll is anyone who doesn't write something that you see as interesting. Don't write anything then you fool. What a stupid comment.

Ultimate Geek? Ultimate Ass

Mark Zuckerberg comes to mind! :tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by natashapt
You can't deny that some people are better with numbers than others.

True, but I believe that it would be down to primary schooling onwards. Nobody's born a maths genius..
"Why does everyone get a boner over maths?"

There are girls who do/love maths too you know! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending