Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who says fame and fortune changes all artists? N-Dubz Watch

ReputationRep:
    they shouldnt be famous not just for their bad music but for all the trouble theyve been in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    you're confused, Don't look into their lives idiot. Who gives a flying f*** if Lady Gaga is a fake or eccentric? You're judging her because of her personality which shows you really care about the artist i.e. look up to them as an inspirational source.

"I just can't imagine them being too different to how they're shown on the show and from all those controversial news stories about them"

this says it all. You sound desperate, you sound passionate about N-Dubs, so therefore you look up to these people as a source of inspiration (Just admit it, you worship them).

My work here is done

EDIT: and why did you start an Ndubs appraisal thread? It really does show you love them
    Riiiight. Loads of people actually, people that don't like her may probably not like her because of those things, her fans care as well

think you're mixing aspirational and inspirational here, lol no I'm not 'passionate' about N-Dubs, but I do highlight I find them inspirational to people, I'm sure others would say the same thing about them. They've been working in the rap scene in the UK for years, inspired by one of their influential family members and finally got their break and have made it big, well done to them

It's not so much an N Dubz appraisal thread, I wanted to make the point of how it's nice to have a famous artist / band that's famous and still grounded but making this point with this band is obv gonna be hard when most people on tsr hate them

Oh is that the time? Yeah, guess I need to go pray to my N Dubz shrine and recite the official salute to them :rolleyes:

You make a good argument, trying to make me contradict myself or w/e. No need to get personal though and making assumptions on who I'm passionate about and who I find inspiring is a bit ridiculous, seeing as you don't know me but yeah nice argument. Carrying this on is pretty pointless though, I'm guessing you hate N - Dubz as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    I'm sorry, but how is having your own TV show keeping it real?

:confused:
    I was thinking that exactly.

I think it shows the state of modern pop culture that N ****ing Dubz are considered genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Riiiight. Loads of people actually, people that don't like her may probably not like her because of those things, her fans care as well

think you're mixing aspirational and inspirational here, lol no I'm not 'passionate' about N-Dubs, but I do highlight I find them inspirational to people, I'm sure others would say the same thing about them. They've been working in the rap scene in the UK for years, inspired by one of their influential family members and finally got their break and have made it big, well done to them

It's not so much an N Dubz appraisal thread, I wanted to make the point of how it's nice to have a famous artist / band that's famous and still grounded but making this point with this band is obv gonna be hard when most people on tsr hate them

Oh is that the time? Yeah, guess I need to go pray to my N Dubz shrine and recite the official salute to them :rolleyes:

You make a good argument, trying to make me contradict myself or w/e. No need to get personal though and making assumptions on who I'm passionate about and who I find inspiring is a bit ridiculous, seeing as you don't know me but yeah nice argument. Carrying this on is pretty pointless though, I'm guessing you hate N - Dubz as well?
    in fact I don't hate n-dubz. i actually listen to their 'so alive' song from time to time.

and to be absolutely fair you sound like a brain washed fan who is trying to prove he isn't brainwashed, in turn proving your addiction to the group.

they're in it for the money whether you like it or not and don't give two ****s about how motivated their fans are or how 'epic' their journey was to make it big, if they couldn't make money from their music you will never here another n-dubs song ever again.

Same applies to all artists, apart from the major major minority (such a small minority such that it seems non-existent.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.