Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short message that'll make him jealous? Watch

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    So rather than talk things through with this guy and sort out why he might be ignoring her, she's going to make up some **** on facebook to try and make him jealous and that's a better idea?
    I agree fully.

The guy must be ignoring OP for a reason. You see i'm half expecting this to be about me because i'm 'ignoring' a girl too right now... The reason i'm 'ignoring' her isn't as much because i dont like her but more that i'm busy and it is a bit of a rut - we aren't on relationship terms but we speak day in day out over mundane things.

We talked through it last night though.

Quite frankly though, if said girl tried the idea propsed by OP here i'd be put off a lot, might get me a bit jealous but it would certainly damage the relationship.

anon to protect identity of the girl i mentioned

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your dumping.
    Guys are never jealous- they just get angry and let go.

ReputationRep:
    'I hope this doesn't make anyone jealous at all'

Works every time

ReputationRep:
    This will not end well.

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy is not an emotion you should want anyone to feel, especially your partner.

ReputationRep:
    "hi, be jealous of me"

ReputationRep:
    It is silly. I can't think of any way to do that without sounding obvious, and therefore ridiculous. You don't feel jealous when you realize someone is trying to make you jealous.

Furthermore, you do have other friends than him on facebook, don't you? They're gonna wonder what the hell is up with you. I actually have a female friend (she's short and fat and boring) whom updated her status saying she's "still having fun with the guy she came home with last night". Cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree fully.

The guy must be ignoring OP for a reason. You see i'm half expecting this to be about me because i'm 'ignoring' a girl too right now... The reason i'm 'ignoring' her isn't as much because i dont like her but more that i'm busy and it is a bit of a rut - we aren't on relationship terms but we speak day in day out over mundane things.

Quite frankly though, if said girl tried the idea propsed by OP here i'd be put off a lot, might get me a bit jealous but it would certainly damage the relationship.

Im in a similar situation, theres a girl i used to be really close to, but i noticed she was clearly losing enthusiasm in speaking to me. (although she claims she hasn't)
    After about a month of rarely speaking, she accused me of ignoring her. I see it the other way around. We discussed last Sunday and i thought things would improve. Last 2 days i've seen her a few times, she barely acknowledges my existence. Today, she saw me about 10m away. She used to stop and speak. Today, she looked at me(eye contact) and just carried on walking.
    No idea what to say/do about this.
    Just wondering if anything changed/improved since you discussed it?

anon for similar reasons. (cancel that,, forgot to press anonymous, not bothered tbh)

And totally agree with what you said about OPs situation

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree fully.

Im in a similar situation, theres a girl i used to be really close to, but i noticed she was clearly losing enthusiasm in speaking to me. (although she claims she hasn't)
    After about a month of rarely speaking, she accused me of ignoring her. I see it the other way around. We discussed last Sunday and i thought things would improve. Last 2 days i've seen her a few times, she barely acknowledges my existence. Today, she saw me about 10m away. She used to stop and speak. Today, she looked at me(eye contact) and just carried on walking.
    No idea what to say/do about this.
    Just wondering if anything changed/improved since you discussed it?

anon for similar reasons.

And totally agree with what you said about OPs situation

ReputationRep:
    You might just come across as desperate and obvious :/
    I imagine most guys can see through such behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Jealousy is not an emotion you should want anyone to feel, especially your partner.
    ran out of positive ratings, damn

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.