Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

worst type of bully - physical, verbal or passive aggressive Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Verbal, or A.. or B.

Not physical, because well bruises cuts and wounds heal. My brain/mind however once altered (which is easily done) proves extremely difficult (impossible) to restore back to the norm.

They're different kinds of pain... people handle each one differently and have different tolerances x]

ReputationRep:
    Bullies do all of them - they don't limit themselves to one type of aggression.

I was bullied from year 7-9, until i beat up two of the kids who were bullying me. Its more of a heirarchy thing. In order to keep your "rank" you have to keep people below you down. Ever wondered why theres usually a 'leader' of a group of kids? Thats the alpha male/female.

ReputationRep:
    Physical obviously..though passive aggresive is bad too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I know how you feel passive aggressive B sounds like nothing but it hurts to know the bully is being seen a victim and making others think that. My bully did everything to me and when I even reacted a tiny bit, I did something unforgivable according to them and made sure everyone knew everytime.

what did yours do
    There was a girl who used to bully me on and off from year 2 till year 6. She made people think I was evil and told them to not play or with me work with me by making up lies about how I would ignored her! It worked too. I was lonely for most of my primary school life and it made me very unhappy, I hated school and I was at the bottom of the classes while this happened, the teachrs just thought I was stupid. My parents talked to teachers but they put it down as playful teasing.

I have always been the sort of person to like spending time alone sometimes while still having good friends, but I lost all my friends and it hurt. She liked hiding my belongings and stealing my trip and christmas lunch money. When I confronted her she would cry and tell people I hit her.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, that's like asking what's the worst type of rape: anal, vaginal, or oral?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...
    Me too (although not for as long) but did you ever consider that you may have provoked them a little? Obviously it's still not cause for bullying but I've seen you refer to people that aren't upper middle class as "stupid common pricks" and I think "serfs" in addition to blathering on about how Jack Wills is the best clothing brand ever and you'd rather die than wear anything by a lesser brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    so which is the most damaging type. pick from the four types below or suggest one thats worse:

physical: physical violence only
    verbal: name calling only
    passive aggressive A: miniulates the victims surroundings and does little things that are harsh so as exclution, silent treatment, stopping them working or lots more (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)
    passive aggressive B: Twisting it so the victim looks like the bully and the bully looks like the victim. This is such as making up stories, gossip and lots more little things (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)
    I'd say Passive Agressive A. It's very difficult to get others to believe the bullying's taking place as the bully of that type tends to be someone who has no reason to bully, such as a teacher. Teachers can get away with it all the time, and tried to with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Me too (although not for as long) but did you ever consider that you may have provoked them a little? Obviously it's still not cause for bullying but I've seen you refer to people that aren't upper middle class as "stupid common pricks" and I think "serfs" in addition to blathering on about how Jack Wills is the best clothing brand ever and you'd rather die than wear anything by a lesser brand.
    I've never said it first. I'm not saying that makes what I've done perfectly nice and respectable, because I have said things in retaliation, but I would never go up to someone and insult their background. However, constantly insult mine, and after a while, I might say something to them.

Haha I don't think I've ever used the term 'serfs'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I've never said it first. I'm not saying that makes what I've done perfectly nice and respectable, because I have said things in retaliation, but I would never go up to someone and insult their background. However, constantly insult mine, and after a while, I might say something to them.

Haha I don't think I've ever used the term 'serfs'?
    Commoners maybe... something like that.
    I didn't mean that I've seen you specifically insult anyone, but I've seen a lot of your posts on here (one thread in particular that you started about people calling you posh) where you do tend to be dismissive or unpleasant about "commoners", and people don't tend to take that kind of thing well. From what I understand, our lives are pretty similar but I rarely get any "posh" comments because I don't make a big deal out of it. Just saying....
    As for the original question, I would say physical, but then I've never had any experience of passive aggressive so I don't really know.

ReputationRep:
    Commoners maybe... something like that.
    I didn't mean that I've seen you specifically insult anyone, but I've seen a lot of your posts on here (one thread in particular that you started about people calling you posh) where you do tend to be dismissive or unpleasant about "commoners", and people don't tend to take that kind of thing well. From what I understand, our lives are pretty similar but I rarely get any "posh" comments because I don't make a big deal out of it. Just saying....
    As for the original question, I would say physical, but then I've never had any experience of passive aggressive so I don't really know.
    I called some people on here plebs once, maybe it's that.

I know what you mean, I got wound up with all the rah comments. I got called posh simply for speaking about my opinions when I was 11 (I went to state school for that bit, apparently I was meant to be mugging the local elderly instead of debationg current affairs :rolleyes:) and I got insulted for it. The ones doing it were the horrible chavs of the school. Tbh they did it to a lot of people, but I was the only one who stood up to them and I used to be quite sarcastic with them, so their thick little minds couldn't take it so they resorted to slapping me around the face, how cultured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    so which is the most damaging type. pick from the four types below or suggest one thats worse:

physical: physical violence only
    verbal: name calling only
    passive aggressive A: miniulates the victims surroundings and does little things that are harsh so as exclution, silent treatment, stopping them working or lots more (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)
    passive aggressive B: Twisting it so the victim looks like the bully and the bully looks like the victim. This is such as making up stories, gossip and lots more little things (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)

So which is worst?

I say passive aggressive B due to having experanced it first hand
    Out of those I'd say passive aggressive A is the worst. But out of all types I think the bullying that hurts most and leaves the worst scars is the kind where people tell you you're useless, worthless and completely unlikeable. That's not the same as name-calling, I took name-calling to mean things like fat, loser etc but that's quite easy, in my experience, to ignore. You can lose weight, you can wear contacts, you can work out and change yourself which can help to improve your confidence.

Physical attacks heal quite fast, but the things that really hurt me most was being told that I'm fundamentally a worthless, unlikeable piece of s**t. You can't change your fundamental personality. Even now I haven't been at school for years I can't talk to people and still believe I'm an unlikeable person. I'm still afraid of getting beaten up when I walk past groups of people my age but that doesn't hurt half as much.

ReputationRep:
    all form of bullying are bad but cyber bullying is the worst

ReputationRep:
    The kind that get themselves caught

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

I know what you mean, I got wound up with all the rah comments. I got called posh simply for speaking about my opinions when I was 11 (I went to state school for that bit, apparently I was meant to be mugging the local elderly instead of debationg current affairs :rolleyes:) and I got insulted for it. The ones doing it were the horrible chavs of the school. Tbh they did it to a lot of people, but I was the only one who stood up to them and I used to be quite sarcastic with them, so their thick little minds couldn't take it so they resorted to slapping me around the face, how cultured.
    u can shove ur stuck up fancy pants im better than you commoners attitude up yer arse,
    i hope the bullies beat the **** outta u
    posh ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

Wow, how incredibly similar to my life, except I don't make comments like these:
    "You can't buy class. If an underclass chav suddenly becaomes a millionaire (maybe he wins the scratchcards?) he's still a lowerclass retard. Money cannot buy class nor taste, he'd probably gold plate everything, ew. Nouveau twits."
    "And chavs sound stupid, they all have such a uniform chavvy accent as well. Pricks."
    "Yes it is, Primark is bloody awful. Plus there a chavs in the shop, and outside the shops, there's like a smell... Lol my friends went in there once to take the piss, it was so hilar!"
    "I look down on the uneducated pricks."
    "Lol chavs don't > rahs. Chavs are vile and disgusting, they're a plague on society. Bloody antisocial, uneducated pricks."
    "Jews weren't hurting anyone. Chavs are. They're damaging the economy as well. They're no use to society, they're like leeches."
    "No, it doesn't. Plenty of "snobs" that I know are very intelligent, some have graducated university with good degrees, they're hardly thick."
    "Provide evidence that working class people are fine."

"And lol, how ironic...about 6 months ago, myself and my friends went on that calling them all jealous chavs, peasants etc. I don't get why that would make you dislike 'rahs' though, they're (we're?) just defending Jack Wills?"
    "And lol yay for us rahs!"
    "I haven't been to Salcombe yet but I was planning on going next year...oh goodness I guess we're such rahs lol."
    "Not particularly, I used to get annoyed when people called me a rah but now I'm not too fussed tbh. I'd rather be a rah than a chav anyday so y'know."
    "Then again, they won't listen to us, we're stuck up Jack Wills wearing rahs aren't we?"

Seriously, if you didn't make such a big deal about being a rah and hating poor people, no-one would comment on it. I may have just found the solution to your bullying problem actually; stop being obnoxious about your "rah status"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    u can shove ur stuck up fancy pants im better than you commoners attitude up yer arse,
    i hope the bullies beat the **** outta u
    posh ****
    ...And you can learn to spell.

Lol have I said I'm better than anyone? You don't know me, way to make a judgement. :thumbsup:

Passive aggressive A.

ReputationRep:
      Wow, how incredibly similar to my life, except I don't make comments like these:
      "You can't buy class. If an underclass chav suddenly becaomes a millionaire (maybe he wins the scratchcards?) he's still a lowerclass retard. Money cannot buy class nor taste, he'd probably gold plate everything, ew. Nouveau twits."
      "And chavs sound stupid, they all have such a uniform chavvy accent as well. Pricks."
      "Yes it is, Primark is bloody awful. Plus there a chavs in the shop, and outside the shops, there's like a smell... Lol my friends went in there once to take the piss, it was so hilar!"
      "I look down on the uneducated pricks."
      "Lol chavs don't > rahs. Chavs are vile and disgusting, they're a plague on society. Bloody antisocial, uneducated pricks."
      "Jews weren't hurting anyone. Chavs are. They're damaging the economy as well. They're no use to society, they're like leeches."
      "No, it doesn't. Plenty of "snobs" that I know are very intelligent, some have graducated university with good degrees, they're hardly thick."
      "Provide evidence that working class people are fine."

"And lol, how ironic...about 6 months ago, myself and my friends went on that calling them all jealous chavs, peasants etc. I don't get why that would make you dislike 'rahs' though, they're (we're?) just defending Jack Wills?"
      "And lol yay for us rahs!"
      "I haven't been to Salcombe yet but I was planning on going next year...oh goodness I guess we're such rahs lol."
      "Not particularly, I used to get annoyed when people called me a rah but now I'm not too fussed tbh. I'd rather be a rah than a chav anyday so y'know."
      "Then again, they won't listen to us, we're stuck up Jack Wills wearing rahs aren't we?"

Seriously, if you didn't make such a big deal about being a rah and hating poor people, no-one would comment on it. I may have just found the solution to your bullying problem actually; stop being obnoxious about your "rah status"

Wow, you went and found almost all my anti-chav comments...I'm flattered I'm that important to you! Some of the rah ones were jokes btw, especially the one where I said "oh goodness we're such rahs", that was a joke between myself and another member.

I don't hate all poor people, that is a common misconception about me. Also, no one really cares at sixth form about childish stuff like that, so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DOA)
      So which is worst?
      Any form of bullying is bad.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by .Ali.)
      Wow, you went and found almost all my anti-chav comments...I'm flattered I'm that important to you! Some of the rah ones were jokes btw, especially the one where I said "oh goodness we're such rahs", that was a joke between myself and another member.

I don't hate all poor people, that is a common misconception about me. Also, no one really cares at sixth form about childish stuff like that, so it's all good.
      It was actually quite simple, you just click "View all posts by Ali" and then maybe 5 minutes maximum later you have a dozen or so anti-chav comments.
      I didn't mean that you show off about being a rah, just that you mention it all the time, and that if you stopped broadcasting the fact that you're a rah, people probably wouldn't even realise that you're a rah and therefore wouldn't insult for being a rah.
      You may consider it childish but if you act the same way in real life that you do on here, I don't see how it can't be a problem for you.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.