Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    *snip*
    Hmm, people seem to stress about a lot of stuff and in all fairness a roof over ones head and enough income to maintain it plus feed yourself is sort of important but I agree.

Lifes for enjoying and if you're a workaholic insanely career goal orientated type of person fine, but it's really not for everyone.

I'd rep you but I'm out.

ReputationRep:
    If you have just graduated, can't get a job and have some money then why not go travelling ?
    It's better than just sitting around doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Lots of people seem to be stressing about not being able to get work but why? Life's too short to waste it worrying.

I finished uni in june and then went traveling around the world for 5 months. USA, hawaii, fiji, NZ, Australia and back in London because the money run out. I am now just applying to do any work I can get be it data admin, admin, anything. Then after a few months of saving up i'm going to go traveling again.

Screw getting a proper graduate job in something lame. I'm going to enjoy my life till this recession crap blows over

Anyone else just chilling and not worrying like me?

I got back to London from traveling last thursday and in that time, i've ate pizza, chinese, gone for a random walk alone, met up with a mate in central london, went to buy chocolates and bought two history books (one on the SS, and one on captain james cook, a guy who's name kept popping up everywhere i went travelling).

Just chill everyone.
    I like your spirit but I don't have enough money to travel around the world. Can you give me some money, rich OP?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    like but why?!?!? You have your whole life to do that...whereas you don't have your whole life to travel. After all traveling when you're retired and old sucks. Why not travel for a year or so when you are young?...then get a proper job and become a drone like most of society?
    Give me money and I will promise you that I will travel around the world. Is all about money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiated yoghurt)
    Not everyone is rich enough to do that.

Get a grip on reality please.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most people simply NEED to work so they can eat. I think you would care if you had no money as a result of your unemployment...

i got 2:1 in geophysics undergrad. in hawaii i saw the lava flow into the sea. It was the coolest thing ever! :O. If i'd ever be content with a geophysics job it'd be studying the system of volcanoes in Hawaii. The big island, hawaii, and Kauai island, Hawaii are deffo a must before you die guys! One of the most beautiful places on earth together with most of new zealand!

have a look at this pic
    Do postgrad in volcanology so you get to combine two of your "passions" or something? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's nice if you've got the money. I was lucky, I could keep my head above water without going on the dole (and I wasn't unemployed for all that long), but I'd never have had enough money to go galavanting across the world.

Money makes the world go round, hence why most graduates go straight into work

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like quite a self-indulgent lifestyle to me, but fair enough. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    "I've ate pizza".

Sure you're a grad?

Sorry. Great attitude!

ReputationRep:
    What did you work as? I would hate to travel and not be set up in life, thinking that I had to get a career/any job sorted when I got back and that I was using up precious savings when I don't have a way of getting more. I'd need to be secure before I went travelling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.