Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The key and lock analogy for sluts vs manwhores. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    What is the point of this thread? Are you trying to support the (backwards and misogynistic) view that it is okay for men to be promiscuous but not girls?
    whats it like to be a white knight? i mean, do the girls really come to your home and have sex with you as a gratuity?

ReputationRep:
    What about faulty locks? Locksmiths tend to be pricey as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Aha but as you said, this is with higher mammals only (chimps, apes, orangutans). In the rest of the animal kingdom it is unusual for a female to have more than one sexual partner per mating season, whereas the male can have several. Humans and chimps etc have perhaps found a better way of continuing the species, through intelligence. Is it genetic for the female to be promiscuous? Im not so sure about that.

EDIT: Unless promiscuity is a learnt behaviour. But I doubt that. In the majority of animals it is the males job to get females pregnant. It is the females job to pick the best male- not any male. Thats why you often see animals fighting (lions, hares and indeed even humans) and you see that the winner, the stronger animal, gets to mate.
    Great apes (chimps, orangutans, bonobos, gorillas, humans) are the best place to look for what is expected sexually, as they are the closest to us.
    Chimp - promiscuous males and females females, dominant males may attempt to prevent promiscous females (although the female can go behind his back). Both females and males have control over who they mate with - a big part of who they choose is personality
    Orangutan - No idea
    Bonobo - matriarchal (females have the power), no permanent relationships, everyone has sex with everyone (homosexuality, incest, you name it)
    Gorilla - some differences between kinds I think, but in Mountain Gorillas, the female initiates mating

Clearly, in great apes it is not the case that the male goes around having sex with all and any, and the woman has to have little and therefore has less power in the situation. Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    whats it like to be a white knight? i mean, do the girls really come to your home and have sex with you as a gratuity?
    Well seeing as I'm gay, no.

ReputationRep:
    lol at outrageous posts!

ReputationRep:
    If the many keys that fit into the lock are right for the lock, then it's not a ****ty lock is it? They just made a lot of keys that fit into it. If a key opens many locks then it has been made to fit many locks which are all very similar and right for the key.

See what I'm getting at?

If the guys are right for the girl then who cares??

If the girls are right for the guys etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)

Pretty much, yeah. Although I tend to refer to it as "not being a complete douche" rather than "being a white knight".

ReputationRep:
    Also LOL. Owned!

I also like that if a straight guy argues on behalf of women he wants sex.. but if he argues against women he's right..

Let's not base our arguments on the person with the opinon and stay on the opinion itself

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for clearing up the obvious OP. Would you also like to reveal date Christmas is going to fall on this year or the amount of wheels a car has?

ReputationRep:
    OWNED!!!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    Thank you for clearing up the obvious OP. Would you also like to reveal date Christmas is going to fall on this year or the amount of wheels a car has?
    25th December
    and 4, but sometimes 3 even though ive heard about sixes and seven's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    25th December
    In some countries, eg. Germany, xmas day falls on 24th December.

Both these questions (date of xmas, wheels of a car) are worthy of discussion, imo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Even though some keys might do the job, they don't work very well. They don't fit right, take a lot of hard work to use and some of them are just down right ugly.

That's when you need to find another key that works better. Sometimes you need to try a lot of keys in order to find the right one... and unfortunately, most people blame it on the lock.
    So why sleep with them then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

ReputationRep:
    Stuff all the talk about key locks and the animal kingdom, no guy wants a girlfriend who half his mates have screwed. The whole idea of a girl who gets around is nasty unless you just want to add to that list. Most guys care about that, that's why its not okay be a slut. As for girls, they don't seem to care, in fact its quite the opposite, until that changes men are going to continue dipping their wicks in anything that breaths, and looking down on promiscuous girls.

ReputationRep:
    Don't locks normally come with a couple of spare keys, all of which open the same lock but not any others? What if I lived in a shared house, don't we all need keys to the front door? Also, wouldn't it be somewhat odd if I bought a garage door and the key that came with it opened my neighbour's garage door? I think my neighbour could probably righfully complain. Wait, what were people talking about again? locks locks locks keys locks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    25th December
    seven? this thread got interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    ...Desperate? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Great apes (chimps, orangutans, bonobos, gorillas, humans) are the best place to look for what is expected sexually, as they are the closest to us.
    Chimp - promiscuous males and females females, dominant males may attempt to prevent promiscous females (although the female can go behind his back). Both females and males have control over who they mate with - a big part of who they choose is personality
    Orangutan - No idea
    Bonobo - matriarchal (females have the power), no permanent relationships, everyone has sex with everyone (homosexuality, incest, you name it)
    Gorilla - some differences between kinds I think, but in Mountain Gorillas, the female initiates mating

Clearly, in great apes it is not the case that the male goes around having sex with all and any, and the woman has to have little and therefore has less power in the situation. Nope.
    Very good point. However it is only the bonobos and chimps which have promiscuous males and females. And it is still the case that the male will have multiple sexual partner. Also i suppose we would have to take human intelligence into account. Humans have learnt how to have sex without reproducing, unlike other animals, so I suppose it was wrong of me to relate sexual behaviour in animals to behaviour in humans, as our behaviour of casual sex would be learnt rather than genetinc. Fair play

(although i still maintain that it is the job of the male to spread their sperm in nearly all species. This is a genetic similarity between most mammals.)

ReputationRep:
    I find keys that think they can fit any lock to be arrogant little tosspots, rather than good keys.

(Wait, tosspot isn't censored? YAY.)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.