Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The closest thing I've taken to an IQ test is the SAT(the American college admissions one) and I ended up with 2120/2400 in that (770 math, 720 critical reading, 680 writing), which is somewhere in the 97th percentile(top 3% worldwide).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    154 according to Mensa test
    Is this number the higher of your two mensa scores?

ReputationRep:
    a) 154, got into mensa
    b) ****'s worthless and doesn't prove anything beyond your ability to answer those specific questions

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    a) 154, got into mensa
    What are the chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois)
    What are the chances?
    Great it seems, one of my best mates also has an IQ of 154.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois)
    What are the chances?
    154:1

ReputationRep:
    25.... Not gonna lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    I'd like to put forward 2 questions to those who have taken an IQ test in controlled exam conditions, overseen by any governing body which mensa would accept as genuine enough for entry (in this case, disregarding the score of course).

i.e the real deal, no online tests, home tests etc (I'm sure someone will still make a joke concerning this regulation, I'm waiting.....)

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

Thanks.
    Unofficial one: 133

I had one done by someone at my school, and they said it was impossible to average out a score for me, as I'm in the 95th percentile with literacy and memory skills but in the 40th percentile for mathematical skills or something like that, so an average wouldn't give a true reading. :dontknow:

Basically, I'm good at English, writing and remembering things, and awful at maths. Which I already knew!

ReputationRep:
    I have an IQ of 145.

I was in the 99th percentile of verbal abilty.

But only in the 77th for mathmatical abilty...

But nah, I'm ****in' with you, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    148 according to Facebook test
    I consider both to be pretty meaningless numbers. Although IQ tests are still fun sometimes
    I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Unofficial one: 133

I had one done by someone at my school, and they said it was impossible to average out a score for me, as I'm in the 95th percentile with literacy and memory skills but in the 40th percentile for mathematical skills or something like that, so an average wouldn't give a true reading. :dontknow:

Basically, I'm good at English, writing and remembering things, and awful at maths. Which I already knew!
    See Title. (however, it's a free country + forum)

ReputationRep:
    See Title. (however, it's a free country + forum)
    Yes, I know, hence why I included the bit about the official one I had done at school...there wasn't a concrete score, which is why I included the unofficial one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Yes, I know, hence why I included the bit about the official one I had done at school...there wasn't a concrete score, which is why I included the unofficial one.
    Then the average is your score on the IQ test (if it was official), even if your poor mathematical ability drags it down.

Everyone is judged by the same system to see how good they are at handling the questions on the test. If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be much point to the points/score system.

148 according to Facebook test
    :five:

One of my lecturers said that intelligence is a measure of the ability to take a complex concept and make it simple and easy to understand. I think that's a pretty good view to have.

(Original post by tanzeel)
    ...which is somewhere in the 97th percentile(top 3% worldwide).
    But not everyone in the world does the SAT...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a number.

ReputationRep:

No.

Who even really cares about IQ anyway? The tests don't measure "intelligence", they merely measure how well you can respond to their questions which, aside from mathematical ones, never really appear in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    I'm not a number.
    No one said you were. ^^^ What a zero!

ReputationRep:
    I did an IQ test. I got a number so large that i cannot write it down as it is too large for your tiny brain to comprehend.

ReputationRep:
    No one said you were. ^^^ What a zero!
    Hahhah, No.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.