Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are you happy with your body? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am:banana:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through a bit of a body hating phase at the moment!

height: 5'6 and a half. But I should be a few inches taller as I had a spinal curvature which has since been operated on, but is not completely straight. I feel cheated out of the extra height

weight: About 9 stone 12 at the moment. I am happiest when I am about 9 stone 7, but i have been majorly stress eating this term!

dress size: 10/12. I am fairly happy with my dress size, I have no desire to be very slim as I have a large frame and naturally wide hips, but I would like to be less "wobbly".

favourite part(s): My hair, my eyes, my arms and shoulders, my waist/hip ratio (I like having big hips and a small waist), the 14 inch scar on my back (it's part of me and I like it!)

anything you would change?: My big thighs, jiggly bottom, teeth (I want them whitened), my sticky-out ears, my slightly squished torso.

Haha, I would never tell my boyfriend this, he would think that I'm mental! He tells me that I'm beautiful and sexy every day, but I guess he's bias. I think all women have insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    I get by.

ReputationRep:
    I feel I'm a bit too skinny sometimes, but I am generally happy with my body.

ReputationRep:
    Dodgy chest, horrible teeth, constant war with acne. Everything from the waist down is fine (I'm oddly happy with having two webbed toes on each foot) but I'd swap the top half in an instant if I could.

ReputationRep:
    content.

Is there anything I would change if I could instantly, yes. But I am overall happy.

ReputationRep:
    apparently im too skinny :/

ReputationRep:
    Could be better, could be worse.
    I so wish I was taller, I'm only 4ft 9" !
    I weigh 7 stone, but sometimes that can go up to just over 7.5 stone.
    Size 8/10
    I try not to think about it, I try to dress for my shape. But the lack of height is really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I couldn't afford to get cosmetic surgery, so there's no point in thinking about it.
    Perhaps one day in the future if I ever have more money than sense I will change a few things here and there, but for now, I am satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    height - 5"2
    weight - 7 stone
    dress size - 8
    favourite part(s) - lips, stomach, bum
    anything you would change?
    - longer legs/taller, more symmetrical boobs

ReputationRep:
    Zen, bro.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm pretty damn happy with my body. I'm slim and a nice height (5'5) and my face isn't too goblin-like. I particularly like the fact that everything seems to be in proportion on my body and I seem to curve in the right places. A few things I'd like to change include my body hair, length of my (head) hair and how my skin can be crappy and get all eczema-y when it wants to be. If I was bothered enough I could tone up my extra squidge, but my boyfriend loves that so I think I'll leave that for now

ReputationRep:
    height - recently, I have just realised how not tall I am without heels.
    weight - the actual number doesn't bother me at all, I'm more bothered about what I look like. In fact, my weight sometimes frustrates me as it's usually between 8.5 and 9 stone, but I definitely don't look like it.
    dress size - again, the number doesn't bother me, as long as it looks good.
    favourite part(s) ermmmm...probably my forearms/wrists! and my calves.
    anything you would change? yes, I'd like to be a bit taller and more toned - I'm happy with the shape of my body but I definitely need to tone up a bit before I can say I feel really confident with it. The areas in need of toning are my thighs and stomach - my things in particular, because I have abnormally slim/toned calves which look weird and out of proportion with my larger than life thighs!

ReputationRep:
    My heights good
    My weight is shocking (underweigh) :sadnod:
    Dress-size...err Is a medium alright? :P
    Fave parts, don't really have a favourite part
    Any other changes? Would really like a bit more muscle on arms and body...efffoooort

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of those really annoying people who looks in the mirror and sees the flaws. I've recently put on weight around my bum/ thighs (Damn my mum for giving me the pear shaped gene!). I seem to have gone up a dress size to a 10, which I don't particularly like. I look at photos and think I look fat.
    I'm only 5 ft 2" so I think weight gain shows up more. I don't mind my height because there is nothing I can do about it, and I get to wear sky high heels
    I hate my skin but my face isn't too bad with make up on. I quite like my hair when I've had it recently dyed.
    I generally dislike my body. My torso is too small, my ribs protrude, and my thighs are getting too chunky!
    Confidence wise though, I try to wear clothes that flatter me so I come accross as being body confident. I'd never show a guy that I wasn't because I think body confidence is attractive
    No one ever knows about my flaws, just me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it is disappointingly slow sometimes and my cardiovascular endurance just isn't there. I'm reasonably happy with my upper body strength but my lower body is far too weak. Come from a bench monkey background but I'm squatting properly now so hopefully it'll get better.

Aesthetically it's alright though

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Though I do with I am taller being 17 and only like 5' 5. My best friend is stuck on going to the gym but I don't care for it. Frankly, if I don't have a six-pack then who frickin' cares? I have a muscular lower body and love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aws)
    simple question.

and some follow-on question(s) , answer as much as you feel

why are you happy/unhappy with?

height
    weight
    dress size
    favourite part(s)

thanks. just asking to see how much body confidence there is
    5 foot 4

10 stone

10-12

waist

I want to lose two stone to get back to my usual eight stone! Must go jogging...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aws)
    simple question.

and some follow-on question(s) , answer as much as you feel

why are you happy/unhappy with?

height
    weight
    dress size
    favourite part(s)

thanks. just asking to see how much body confidence there is
    I don't hate my body, but there are some things I would change.
    I'm 5'5, and would like to be 5'7. I haven't actually weighed myself in a while but I am a size 10, which is okay, but ideally, I'd like to be a size 8.
    I like my teeth and my eyes

I would maybe lose some weight, but I don't really need to. I'd never go under the knife though.

ReputationRep:
    no

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.