Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Early 2011 House of Commons meet Watch

• View Poll Results: When and where shall we get our meet on?
    Weekend 26/27 February
    16.22%
    Weekend 5/6 March
    10.81%
    Weekend 12/13 March
    10.81%
    Weekend 19/20 March
    13.51%
    Weekend 26/27 March
    16.22%
    Weekend 2/3 April
    29.73%
    Weekend 9/10 April
    27.03%
    London
    56.76%
    Birmingham
    18.92%
    North
    24.32%
    Not interested
    16.22%

ReputationRep:
    I aint travelling south.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle or Loughborough

:ninja:

I'd love to go, but I have end of semester exams at the end of January/start of February. So chances are unless it's somewhere close to home/uni I won't be able to go.

Leicester, Nottingham or Derby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I aint travelling south.
    But that's where economic prosperity and all things nice are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    And i'm in the North.

That evens out the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Insert bias here
    Nah, not really. Some of my oldest and best friends went there but it never really caught my imagination. That said, I'd rather be there than at my current institution for a while!

ReputationRep:
    My mum taught me not to meet bad people like you lot offline so I don't think I should go. I could get to Edinburgh and Manchester with ease, however, going to London from Edinburgh would be a real pain in the arse.

I could stop over in Manchester but it’s still quite inconvenient for just a day trip.

(Original post by Adorno)
    That said, I do need to do some work at the National Library of Scotland so Edinburgh would be extremely handy :
    I did a report on the architecture of that building. It’s a really elegant building considering its bold form. It’s quite intimidating though with its lack of windows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    And i'm in the North middle.

That evens out the country.
    Fixed it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    London or Cambridge. I have no preferences on either locations. Whether I can make the dates is another issue.
    This, this and this again.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Despite not being a part of this anymore I would probably come for lols if it was London/Oxford or close. :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Something about Wales
    I thought you left TSR, lol....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    The heart of civilisation, unlike oop north. :yes:

That said I'm in Sheffield at the moment on a business trip and this is actually quite a nice city. I'm not suggesting the meet should be here, I'm just saying it's actually a nice city. I wish I had time to explore it more.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: at Nick's HoC update mentioning last year's meet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardozo)
    My mum taught me not to meet bad people like you lot offline so I don't think I should go. I could get to Edinburgh and Manchester with ease, however, going to London from Edinburgh would be a real pain in the arse.

I could stop over in Manchester but it’s still quite inconvenient for just a day trip
    Keele is right on the London-Manchester line; if you need a place to crash I can provide it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Keele is right on the London-Manchester line; if you need a place to crash I can provide it.
    Cheers, my homes in Manchester so I should be alright, it's more the travelling from Edinburgh to Manchester and then onto London and all the way back which is a pain.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge or London is good for me. The South pwns.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I can't go guys, I'm still too young

ReputationRep:
    If it's in London, might be an outside chance i can attend... unless everyone wants to come to Ireland and go laugh at the politicians who destroyed their country even more than our own!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    If it's in London, might be an outside chance i can attend... unless everyone wants to come to Ireland and go laugh at the politicians who destroyed their country even more than our own!
    I'm not allowed in the Republic. It's a family thing.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    :rofl2: at Nick's HoC update mentioning last year's meet
    What did it say? (No longer an MP)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd come to this. London is fantastic for me, other places in the South are likely do-able as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.