Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Lovely; very happy for them. I'm not American.
    Use the semicolon correctly; it's a help, not a hindrance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derivstrader)
    US taxpayers made a 9 bln dollar profit on Citi's bailout.

I think taxpayers need to shut the **** up.
    So over all, are tax payers better or worse off for the events that led to the bail out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Use the semicolon correctly; it's a help, not a hindrance.
    That was a perfectly acceptable way to use a semi-colon. I know how I intended for it to be read, and it is if you pay attention to the punctuation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Gordon Brown got nothing right. Period.
    What should he have done about 3G licences?

ReputationRep:
    "Lovely", alone, is a sentence fragment.

ReputationRep:
    "Lovely", alone, is a sentence fragment.
    Well, if your unwarranted and incorrect 'correction' bothers you so much, rather than replying with a valid argument to the topic of the thread, then perhaps you could take it up with Virginia Woolf and various other authors who made a living out of writing. She was rather a fan of using punctuation in a manner you would deem incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    When you have credible evidence of "evil" Tories, then please consult me. Until then, go and play some Dungeons and Dragons or what ever you politically ignorant people enjoy doing.

Edit: Neg rep is cute.
    I think the neg rep was for not understanding his sarcasm when he said "evil tories".

Here we go, let's all turn our guns on Fred Goodwin yet again. *SIGH*

Gordon Brown...
      • Couldn't have been less suited for the role of Chancellor if he tried
      • Practically gave away our gold reserves
      • Spent money we didn't have, while taxing us to death in return
      • Destroyed seven years of Conservative economic progress

Love or hate the bankers, they had no say in public spending or the UK's budgeting. They were involved in private enterprise which went wrong when the weather turned.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ch0llima)
      Here we go, let's all turn our guns on Fred Goodwin yet again. *SIGH*

Gordon Brown...
      • Couldn't have been less suited for the role of Chancellor if he tried
      • Practically gave away our gold reserves
      • Spent money we didn't have, while taxing us to death in return
      • Destroyed seven years of Conservative economic progress

Love or hate the bankers, they had no say in public spending or the UK's budgeting. They were involved in private enterprise which went wrong when the weather turned.
      - What are qualities of a well suited chancellor?
      - At least the gold isn't costing us any money anymore, not that we got rid of it all and the amount 'lost' was a fraction of the gain from the 3G licence auction.
      - Clearly didn't tax us to death otherwise we wouldn't have had 40 consecutive quarters of GDP growth - I don't remember 'high tax' being the thing that burst the bubble.

- WTF?! 'Destroyed seven years of Conservative economic progress' you mean apart from the recession? If you'd said 5 years that would have been OK, but why did you suggest 1990 and 1991 were periods of economic progress?

ReputationRep:
      In any case, from what I hear Julian and friends have something to say about them.

ReputationRep:
      LOL yes clearly the sector is overpaid in relation to other industries, congratulations on spotting that one.

But whilst corporates are dumb enough to pay millions for charts put together at 2am by a first year analyst; IBs are stupid enough to create a compensation bubble which is the only bubble out there not to burst; and there are excessive volumes of morons punting cash cluelessly around the markets... then it is a great place to be if you want to get paid big.

ReputationRep:
      **** off, peasant.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by graffic)
      Gordon Brown gets it right. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/be...e-bankers-pay/
      Your mum owes society for all those benefits she takes. When can I expect to get refunded?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Inversion)
      In any case, from what I hear Julian and friends have something to say about them.

Yes, more stating of the obvious. Oh no, politicians think other politicians are dumb. America does bad things. Thanks for the update Julien.

ReputationRep:
      He wasn't bad as Chancellor, to be fair.
      If you can take a break from being a snivelling pedant, perhaps you can remember a certain little "oopsy" with some gold bullion.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
      Your mum owes society for all those benefits she takes. When can I expect to get refunded?
      From what I hear she's planning to remunerate society with free ****jobs.

Not that anybody would want them.

Or the AIDS they'd contract.

ReputationRep:
      When you have credible evidence of "evil" Tories, then please consult me. Until then, go and play some Dungeons and Dragons or what ever you politically ignorant people enjoy doing.

Edit: Neg rep is cute.
      The neg rep is because you are a retard and his post went completely over your head.

Hint: He is being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by HistoryRepeating)
      The neg rep is because you are a retard and his post went completely over your head.

Hint: He is being sarcastic.
      Why thank you for clarifying that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
      If you can take a break from being a snivelling pedant, perhaps you can remember a certain little "oopsy" with some gold bullion.
      Just like Thatchers bullion 'oopsy'?

ReputationRep:
      He wasn't bad as Chancellor, to be fair.
      I hope you're not serious.. He was ****ing awful.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.