Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you stand up to this violent attacker on a bus? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you stand up to this violent attacker on a bus?
    I would physically confront the attacker and protect the victim.
    45.52%
    I would verbally confront the attacker, but avoid physical confrontation.
    24.63%
    I would stay out of it and just call the police.
    20.90%
    I would do absolutely nothing, and try to ignore it.
    8.96%

ReputationRep:
    I wouldve pulled out my Wang and started fapping wildly, whilst walking down the centre of the bus, slowly, towards the attacker, whilst singing 'beat it' by michael Jackson.

The attacker would either be so frightened and disturbed that he'd discontinue all negative behaviour and run away. OR would find it amusing and joined in at the chorus.

Either way, my job is done.

ReputationRep:
    adrenalin would have kicked in and I would have stepped in. I would have shouted at him and his mrs, then resorted to physical measures if needed. If I was still concious I would have given the other passengers a piece of my mind too... watching a lady get battered in front of kids and laughing... sick

ReputationRep:
    I can see why you wouldn't. If you injured the guy you'd probably get sued by him. If you accidentally killed him you'd go to prison for manslaughter. If you seriously hurt him then it's up to a judge whether you used excessive force or not. Oh, yeah, and he's black so you were also committing a hate crime!!!!1 If the justice system wasn't so ****ed in this country and the populace wasn't disarmed then I bet there'd be a number of people helping.

ReputationRep:
    I would have stepped in, I'm quite sure of it. Perhaps not right at the start, but when it got serious... I wouldn't have just sat there.

ReputationRep:
    If the victim was hot then I'd risk my life. However, because she was almost likely ugly (fat, was cheap enough to take the bus with husband and child = cheap ugly clothes and ugly glasses, probably a pikey, had lupus) I probably wouldn't have done much. But if I was in one of my more racist moods I'd have probably kicked him down and pulled his arm back until it snapped, or if I was carrying my shank or gat I'd have given him some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    Racist mother****ers how dare you accuse my brother from another mother just because you have a video of him doing it doesn't make it proof it may have been a freak occurance such as him stretching his arms as she happens to get attacked by the wrath of God

you see a beaten up woman you see a black guy you immediately assume the black guy did it this disgusts me
    This must be taken into consideration, he may have stretched very quickly and repeatedly, innocently in this woman's direction.
    Or, as 'she was getting attacked by the wrath of god', he may have been reaching out, again, very quickly and repeatedly, in an attempt to get a hold of the woman to comfort her.

Trust you guys.. you see a 100% genuine video of a black guy beating a woman up, and just assume that the black guy just beat the woman up . Despicable.

Please note, all of this was sarcastic and i said it to emphasise how stupid this quote is tbh. Accusing everyone of being racist because we don't at all approve of what this man did...

ReputationRep:
    Intervene. Kick the **** out of him.

God, there is something seriously wrong with our society when a group of people are so passive as to ignore a brutal attack in broad daylight! We are made to think that these *******s are stronger than everyone else, that we will get in trouble if we try to intervene! The docility of the masses is disturbing. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    I would have said something to him, there's no way I would be able to physically do anything. I find it hard to believe no male on the bus tried to physically stop him, particularly the woman's husband...
    It says nowhere in that article that the husband did nothing. It described him as "also attacked" so its quite possible he was very involved in the attack, but because he was not as seriously injured, and doesn't have a disabled mother tagline he wasn't as heavily featured.
    Or maybe he tried and failed, or maybe he was busy protecting their child, or maybe the attack actually happened very quickly. I doubt he was completely useless tbh.

As for the question I don't know what I would do. I would like to think I'd do my best, but the evidence suggests people aren't as brave in real life as they think they will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    If I knew I could win the fight I would, if not then I would call the police.
    he might have been really scrawny, wouldn't have thought it's particuarly hard to beat up someone with lupus. anyway (as someone else said) once you start others would probably follow.

also didnt the bus driver do anything? would've thought its kinda his responsibility?

ReputationRep:
    Ger into um!

ReputationRep:
    Only if the guy were black and probably attacking some defenceless women with Lupus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Intervene. Kick the **** out of him.

God, there is something seriously wrong with our society when a group of people are so passive as to ignore a brutal attack in broad daylight! We are made to think that these *******s are stronger than everyone else, that we will get in trouble if we try to intervene! The docility of the masses is disturbing. :mad:
    Well you are right, people have repeatedly been shown not to intervene in other's tragedies. A lot of that isn't cowardice so much as it is disbelief though.

The article may not be putting it across fairly either. In a bus of 80, a large number of people may not have been aware of the attack, and if it happened very quickly there may not have been anything to do even if you were nearby enough.

The article doesn't say how long the attack lasted. It might only take a minute to push someone to the floor and kick them unconscious, if you think about it.

That's my devil's advocate response anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I tend to be an absolute idiot in these situations so I probably would have said something and then been beaten up. At least that's what I'd do if previous form is anything to go by.

ReputationRep:
    I would verbally confront him at first and if that didn't make him back down I would get physically involved. Hopefully I would have a friend to back me up though.

ReputationRep:
    I would beat the **** out of him lol

ReputationRep:
    Seek n destroy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    Racist mother****ers how dare you accuse my brother from another mother just because you have a video of him doing it doesn't make it proof it may have been a freak occurance such as him stretching his arms as she happens to get attacked by the wrath of God

you see a beaten up woman you see a black guy you immediately assume the black guy did it this disgusts me
    The most bull I ever heard, are you nigerian by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I've ended up in hospital twice helping complete strangers in violent situations, I don't see why I wouldn't do it again.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    The most bull I ever heard, are you nigerian by any chance?
    So because i'm black i must African? racist mother****er

ReputationRep:
    If he was attacking an East Asian, then I would intervene.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.