Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What car?? (It's not a FIRST car) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You could try an Alfa Romeo Brera. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Although this is more powerful than the 320d so.......:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Id go for either a hyundai i20, peugeot 207 or nissan micra.
    LOL same here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNuttall)
    Not an R32 twin exhaust 3.2L V6 in white look it up man.
    "to look man" i'm a girl i like girly things. im sensible and conservative (notice the small c ).

aha. twin exhaust means its noisey right? sounds a bit chavy to me :/

ReputationRep:
    Id go for either a hyundai i20, peugeot 207 or nissan micra.
    oh yeahh i totally forgot about the nissan micra! the new one looks cute!

ReputationRep:
    I really like Fiat 500s. I don't usually like white cars but the white fiats I've seen look sooo nice! Vauxhall tigras look nice as well. if only I had money to buy a nice looking car...I'm a girl so I can't tell you how good they are lol, just that they're pretty!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    oh yeahh i totally forgot about the nissan micra! the new one looks cute!
    Plus they are pretty reliable, cheap to run and all that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OrangeSocks)
    I really like Fiat 500s. I don't usually like white cars but the white fiats I've seen look sooo nice! Vauxhall tigras look nice as well. if only I had money to buy a nice looking car...I'm a girl so I can't tell you how good they are lol, just that they're pretty!
    I like fiat 500's too. As well as looking nice in white they look mega nice in black too.

ReputationRep:
    I like fiat 500's too. As well as looking nice in white they look mega nice in black too.
    Ooohh do they? I haven't seen a black one yet. Not sure if I want to either, no use in looking at something I can't have lol!

ReputationRep:
    So my dad's company car policy thing is coming to an end. It's got third person insurance thingy or whatever - meaning I get free insurance. (So I'd be like insured to drive anything) I'm 17 - been driving for several months already. He lets me use his car most of the time - it's basically mine - so I get a say in the car. But being a complete girl I've no idea!!
    I want a Volvo XC90. But apparently that isn't appropriate for a 17 year old to drive.. :/
    So help please?? Criteria:
    - Dad would like it to be fuel efficient (another reason he turned down the XC90 idea)
    - Low tax
    - Stylish && not what every 17/18 year old has.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

PS: oh yeah, we have a Seat Ibiza right now..
    i guess mainly what every 17/18 year old has is what is fuel efficient and low taxed.. youre trying to be different in an area where you just can't be. the only thing that would make you different, which i know girls always like to be, is money,if you drove an Aston Martin or a Lamborginhi, you would be different. but choosing fuel efficient and low taxed car - and different at the same time would only be a crap car, because if it wasnt, everybody would drive it and therefore wouldnt be different.

ReputationRep:
    that's what i learnt to drive in. such a good car. very easy to park

(Original post by vahik92)
    i guess mainly what every 17/18 year old has is what is fuel efficient and low taxed.. youre trying to be different in an area where you just can't be. the only thing that would make you different, which i know girls always like to be, is money,if you drove an Aston Martin or a Lamborginhi, you would be different. but choosing fuel efficient and low taxed car - and different at the same time would only be a crap car, because if it wasnt, everybody would drive it and therefore wouldnt be different.
    haha this made me lol.
    what about an alfo romeo? what type of them? because they look gooood and not many people have them round here of my age at least.

ReputationRep:
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI and with stop start added I believe emissions are 99g/km so your tax is free!

ReputationRep:
    If I could have any choice of car I'd either get a VW Golf GTI with the DSG gearbox, or some pretty quick coupe, like the coupe version of the BMW 3 series, maybe a 325i/330 or d. Audi A5/S5?

How far can you go with the insurance costs though?

Seeing as you were looking at 4x4s though, have you looked at the Audi q7/5 or the BMW offerings? A Defender 90 would be as cool as **** though! If I had to go for a 4x4 though, it'd be either a fast version of the RR/BMW/Audi range or a Discovery.

ReputationRep:

haha this made me lol.
    what about an alfo romeo? what type of them? because they look gooood and not many people have them round here of my age at least.
    well, if you can find an Alfa Romeo or as they say "a car which unless you drive you cant be called a driver", that is fuel efficient and low taxed - then by all means, ill be the first person to say she is different and pay attention, thinking which im sure makes you enthusiastic and excited even now lol am i right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)
    Audi A3 1.6 TDI and with stop start added I believe emissions are 99g/km so your tax is free!
    i think tax is different for company cars.. or at least there is an extra tax.

(Original post by Law123mus)
    You could try an Alfa Romeo Brera. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Although this is more powerful than the 320d so.......:dontknow:
    sorry only just noticed this. looks nicee. apart form the wheels. any less power afla's? it doesn't look that powerful...

ReputationRep:

haha this made me lol.
    Don't listen to these people ****ging you off. They're just jealous. Yes an alfa would not only be different to what other 17/18 year olds have, it would also be different to what the average driver has. It is one of the most stylish cars makes ever. And it says a lot about a person that drives an alfa. Jeremy clarckson and the top gear teamsay you cannot be a real car enthusiat without at least once owning an alfa. Same goes for the fiat 500.
    Also new alfas are very reliable, compared to what they used to be. So no need to worry there.

ReputationRep:
    i think tax is different for company cars.. or at least there is an extra tax.

sorry only just noticed this. looks nicee. apart form the wheels. any less power afla's? it doesn't look that powerful...
    It is compared to a bmw 320d but it comes in different ranges from a 1.7tbi to a 3.2v6 but even the 1.7 has about 230 bhp. Yeah look on their website for models like the mito and giglietta. Again these come in different engine sizes and power ranges.

ReputationRep:
    So my dad's company car policy thing is coming to an end. It's got third person insurance thingy or whatever - meaning I get free insurance. (So I'd be like insured to drive anything) I'm 17 - been driving for several months already. He lets me use his car most of the time - it's basically mine - so I get a say in the car. But being a complete girl I've no idea!!
    I want a Volvo XC90. But apparently that isn't appropriate for a 17 year old to drive.. :/
    So help please?? Criteria:
    - Dad would like it to be fuel efficient (another reason he turned down the XC90 idea)
    - Low tax
    - Stylish && not what every 17/18 year old has.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

PS: oh yeah, we have a Seat Ibiza right now..
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1280&bih=619 one of these, or one of these:? http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid//Android)
    Do you know how pathetic you sound? Even if her Dad was buying a brand new car for her (which you are appearing to make the case to be in your post) what is wrong with that? It would be her Dad's money to do with as he wants. If you had bothered to read her op you'd know it was her Dad's company car, and she's allowed to have a say in what it is as she'll be insured and allowed to drive it.

You just sound like a pathetic, jealous prick. :rolleyes:

---------

Back OT, if I could have any choice of car I'd either get a VW Golf GTI with the DSG gearbox, or some pretty quick coupe, like the coupe version of the BMW 3 series, maybe a 325i/330 or d. Audi A5/S5?

How far can you go with the insurance costs though?

Seeing as you were looking at 4x4s though, have you looked at the Audi q7/5 or the BMW offerings? A Defender 90 would be as cool as **** though! If I had to go for a 4x4 though, it'd be either a fast version of the RR/BMW/Audi range or a Discovery.
    haha thanks for sticking up for me :L
    what's a GTI? i hear it on top gear a lot. :L
    insurance wise tbh im not sure, i pretty sure i'd be insured on anything. it is after all third person thingy.

and these 4x4 don't have too much power? my friend has a discovery

(Original post by vahik92)
    well, if you can find an Alfa Romeo or as they say "a car which unless you drive you cant be called a driver", that is fuel efficient and low taxed - then by all means, ill be the first person to say she is different and pay attention, thinking which im sure makes you enthusiastic and excited even now lol am i right?)
    so they are all high tax? not one is fuel efficient?

oo btw my parents like disael cars if that makes any difference..?

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to these people ****ging you off. They're just jealous. Yes an alfa would not only be different to what other 17/18 year olds have, it would also be different to what the average driver has. It is one of the most stylish cars makes ever. And it says a lot about a person that drives an alfa. Jeremy clarckson and the top gear teamsay you cannot be a real car enthusiat without at least once owning an alfa. Same goes for the fiat 500.
    Also new alfas are very reliable, compared to what they used to be. So no need to worry there.
    aha thanks
    okay i want an alfa noww!!! lets hope dad thinks the same lol.
    It is compared to a bmw 320d but it comes in different ranges from a 1.7tbi to a 3.2v6 but even the 1.7 has about 230 bhp. Yeah look on their website for models like the mito and giglietta. Again these come in different engine sizes and power ranges.
    problem is i dont understand engine sizes and etc. :/ i dont even know what engine size is what i drive atm. i basically only just learnt the name of the car..

i dont like vauxhalls.. :/ but the new clio looks flash

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks for sticking up for me :L
    what's a GTI? i hear it on top gear a lot. :L
    insurance wise tbh im not sure, i pretty sure i'd be insured on anything. it is after all third person thingy.

and these 4x4 don't have too much power? my friend has a discovery

so they are all high tax? not one is fuel efficient?

oo btw my parents like disael cars if that makes any difference..?
    i think they are...as far as i know.. im not an expert in cars,,my last post was all based on basic knowledge and purest common sense

And about diesel, im not entirely sure on the costing, but i know cars with diesel generally are better to drive - except they are very hard to keep clean.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.