Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Olivia Wilde + Daft Punk = win.
    Had a listen to the soundtrack and I REALLY like it. Deadmau5' new album kinda sucks though...

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Soundtrack rocks...in a Daft Punky sort of way. :p:
    You think? The reason I like it is because it's not really Daft Punk's usual style; the orchestral thing is amazing. I was ever so slightly disappointed at first 'cos I'd expected it to be "typical" Daft Punk.

Btw, I've got a DVD copy of Tron that I could post to you if you're MEGA desperate. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited about TRON I'm a bit sad about the fact I'll have to watch it in Russian, though... Oh well, hopefully it'll be ace nonetheless.

And the soundtrack, as others have already said, rules.

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
      Had a listen to the soundtrack and I REALLY like it. Deadmau5' new album kinda sucks though...

You think? The reason I like it is because it's not really Daft Punk's usual style; the orchestral thing is amazing. I was ever so slightly disappointed at first 'cos I'd expected it to be "typical" Daft Punk.

Btw, I've got a DVD copy of Tron that I could post to you if you're MEGA desperate. :p:
      A few friends have said that to me too. It's not your typical Daft Punk even though it is touted as their new album. It does sound like a soundtrack rather than a new album.

It's all good, a member sent me a copy. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      Any idea where I can watch the original Tron? I really want to watch it before the Tron: Legacy viewing.
      Got Skyplayer?

Yes. Download Tron.

No. Get Skyplayer.

(Original post by cambo211)
        Got Skyplayer?

Yes. Download Tron.

No. Get Skyplayer.
        And..

Got Sky Movies subscription package?

Yes. Watch Tron.

No. Get Sky Movies.

It's all good. I got access to a copy.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
        But the CGI looks so...lifeless. :afraid:

Still, film WILL be amazing.
        Really? There's a couple of moments where it doesn't look quite right, but then he is supposed to be a digital program, after all. I think he looks amazing, considering. I've seen more movement in him than I have in some people with Botox. :p:

(Original post by Scubar)
        have you seen any of the new trailers? it's so uncanny, the stuff they can do nowadays, it's incredible

ARGH! can't wait, gonna have to steal it from somewhere, then post it on the internet for everybody else to see
        Seen all the trailers. The scope of it is mental, it really looks great. Makes you wonder how much longer big studios are going to be able to get away with sub-standard special effects...

ReputationRep:
        I'm going to be seeing it in iMax :woo:

Can't wait, I've always LOVED Tron (even if a lot of the people I know don't understand my love of it). I want to rewatch the original before I see it though, which is quite doable since I'm seeing it on the 23rd (I think).

The soundtrack is touted as the new Daft Punk album? :eyebrow:

(Original post by Madjackismad)
            The soundtrack is touted as the new Daft Punk album? :eyebrow:
            Unofficially. Fans getting wet.

ReputationRep:
            might be the first 3d film I'll watch

ReputationRep:
            looks decent

ReputationRep:
            Can't wait for Tron to come out!

ReputationRep:
            For those of you interested in purchasing a replica bike, click here. :borat:

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by mau5)
            Olivia Wilde + Daft Punk = win.
            We were separated at birth.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by unknownking321)
            For those of you interested in purchasing a replica bike, click here. :borat:
            I posted that ages a go in the film fanatics chat thread :p:

Olivia as in the girl who plays Thirteen in House? Not bad indeed. :sexface:

Spoiler:
              Show

ReputationRep:
              Indeed; not bad. :perv:

ReputationRep:
              Still not convined by Jeff Bridge's face either...but I have fond memories of the first one, and it looks like good fun. Also the fact they filmed the 3D with the 'next gen' camera in comparison to the one used for Avatar makes it the first film I will see in 3D since Avatar.

Don't really see the point in the tacked on post-production efforts, but this is something I am much more willing to buy into.

ReputationRep:
              Can't wait for this. My work Christmas lunch falls on release day though. So it's tempting to go after, although I'll never remember it. Here's hoping the iMax does a midnight showing on the Thursday! Looks immense.

(Original post by Phalanges)
              or bend the law.
              Mr Mod :naughty:

Spoiler:
              Show
              Football forum awards

ReputationRep:
              OMNOM I want T:L now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
            Useful resources
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.