(Original post by INTJ)
    Do you live in a bin, by any chance?
    Only at weekends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    BumperBo doesn't follow you
    :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I'm from a small village - 100 people 2 surnames sort of thing. The guys from this type of area generally only like a specific type of girl or one or two specific girls from school.

So you could be gorgeous but just not that type and in other areas there are more people with a wider variety of types as they don't lead such a sheltered life.

In my experience anyway.

This is like the story of my life. I'm bilingual, whenever I go to the country where my family is from (which is a lot)I'm constantly beseiged by attention - this sounds really big headed and awful but its true. I only have to walk into a shop/someones house/go to a park and there will be at least one guy giving me looks. These are just ordinary guys, pretty much like the ones where I live except they don't know me. At home, I get nothing, at my school it's like I don't even exist! I've never had a relationship or had anyone express any kind of interest in me apart from friendship, never been kissed, virgin etc.

I dunno why it's like that - but i do think it could be because the people we see every day become uninteresting and its weird to get with people youve gown up with. But yeah

This is like the story of my life. I'm bilingual, whenever I go to the country where my family is from (which is a lot)I'm constantly beseiged by attention - this sounds really big headed and awful but its true. I only have to walk into a shop/someones house/go to a park and there will be at least one guy giving me looks. These are just ordinary guys, pretty much like the ones where I live except they don't know me. At home, I get nothing, at my school it's like I don't even exist! I've never had a relationship or had anyone express any kind of interest in me apart from friendship, never been kissed, virgin etc.

I dunno why it's like that - but i do think it could be because the people we see every day become uninteresting and its weird to get with people youve gown up with. But yeah

ReputationRep:
    I used to be shy in years 7-10 (still had friends obviously but I didn't talk a lot to people I didn't know) but then i came out of my sheell
    It's quite a smallish area, where I live.[/QUOTE]

please do let us know how you managed to do that..?

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you why lads are too scared to approach you.

It is probably because they have tried to be nice to girls in the past and just had it thrown back in their face because most girls presume because a lad is moderately good looking and takes care of his appearance and is being nice to them, all he wants is sex! And it wouldn't hurt for the girls to notice the boys and make a move for once! /drunk bitter rant.

ReputationRep:
    on a serious note they probably do notice you and are genuinely too shy/afraid of rejection and scared of coming across as creepy. I have big confidence issues when it comes to tralking to the opposite sex. I fell in love and then got **** all over and then strung along again like an absolute idiot.

If you approch them, I think you will suprise yourself at the amount of positive repsone you;ll get.xx

ReputationRep:
    Show more Breast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyBerrey)
    When I go on holiday or just away from my area, I always get appreciative looks, and I've had free stuff like ice cream or chips or something when buying food because the vendor has commented on how I look and i've had guys saying i have nice eyes or something along that line...

But at home i never get approached! Why is that? It's not like I'm expecting anything or big headed or anything, but I don't see why it's different? I used to be shy in years 7-10 (still had friends obviously but I didn't talk a lot to people I didn't know) but then i came out of my sheell in years 11 onwards, and i've now just started year 13 and I'm thinking it might be because of the years 7-10 years and boys just see me as the "quiet boring" one, and can't be bothered to get to know me?

Or do people just look better in sunny places? (I don't tan easily btw)

It's quite a smallish area, where I live.
    I have a sure fire solution for you. Don’t wear pants, wear skirts/dresses instead. Raise the hemline one inch every week. Stop raising the hemline when you cannot handle any more attention.

Best Wishes

ReputationRep:
    because they are bored of your face.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the guys who know you still see the shy year 7-10 girl?

I find the same thing. I've started talking to more guys in my year who I've never approached before, and when we get talking they tell me they never thought I was 'like this'. They thought I was just quiet and boring and bleugh..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This is like the story of my life. I'm bilingual, whenever I go to the country where my family is from (which is a lot)I'm constantly beseiged by attention - this sounds really big headed and awful but its true. I only have to walk into a shop/someones house/go to a park and there will be at least one guy giving me looks. These are just ordinary guys, pretty much like the ones where I live except they don't know me.
    :eek: that happens to me too. Everytime I go to the Philippines..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)
    I used to be shy in years 7-10 (still had friends obviously but I didn't talk a lot to people I didn't know) but then i came out of my sheell
    It's quite a smallish area, where I live.

please do let us know how you managed to do that..?[/QUOTE]

I just did? Something just changed, not sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.