Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't have any proper friends Watch

ReputationRep:
    having a handful of close friends who you feel relaxed around and then more people who you text now and then and meet up irregularly is probably the best.

join some societies and find out people's interests is prob the first step - then arrange to meet up doing that activity. at the end maybe say something like "if you find out about any other events, give me a text/fb message" or something, to show you want to meet them again and to put the ball in their court.
    are you at uni? if so, you will meet people who share your interests. if you're at school, prob harder - a lot of people are complete 'beeps' at school in their pursual to appear cool.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RoshniDiya;28822832]Oh, me too. :ashamed2: I'm feeling the impact of the lonliness right now! I don't know what to say to you, because i don't know what to do about it myself. Like you, i'm the tag along in a group of friends who i know don't really care about me like they care about each other. Even when i do text, i usually don't get replies or people wait a couple of days to reply because i'm that "push over" type that's too kind and won't say anything. I guess. :nopity:

seriously, don't worry about it. i can completely relate to that - i was always the push-over who no one really bothered with. but at uni things are different - people aren't such complete 'bleeps' - part of all tht is other people's desperate attempt to try and remain 'cool' so they use you to mke them feel powerful. wait til you get to uni

(Original post by Sungirlshines)
    So what? there are no real friends nowadays. Everyone's fake beside your family. Open your eyes people and see what sorrounds you.. people will always take advantage of you, doesnt matter if thats ure friend or not. Everyone's selfish and is only thinking abour their own arses.
    If you want to go far, go alone cause there will always be someone who will envy ure success or achievement.
    Personally, i have ''friends''- people i hang out with but they know 20% about me and my life..just superficially. I always share everything with my family. Friends are ure closest enemies

ps: people will probably neg rep this (which is the last thing i care about in this life I guess pople dont have anything else to do but positive/neg rep on TSR :lol: ) but heey, I am happy because i can live my life as i want without being biched around, gossiped or any dirty things like that - cause yeah, 'real' friends do that to. They'll feel happy only if they see you somewhere below them..
    Well I feel sorry for you that you feel that way. You feel as if everyone in this world is out to get you and you can trust no-one. This mayb cuz u've been let down in past by one of ur m8s but i've got a few close m8s tat are really close to me that I share a lot of my thoughts and secrets with and I kno for sure tey r my REAL frnds tat geniunly are there for me wenever i need them and im always there for them. We don't share a relationship where we're all trying to scavange off each other or ever try to put each other down. And i kno tat not all people r like how you discrib them to be bcuz I never back bite about my own frnd, if i have a problem with them i tell it to their face n tell them to get shorted, and i would never wish anything bad to happen to my frnds. Just few months ago my frnd dropped out of college bcuz she couldn't take it. I din stand there n b happy tat she dropped out, i got help for her cuz i kno she loves art she is. Into tattooing and piercings but she never gave a thought to b a pro so I spent my time tat i should've been revising for my a-levels to do re-searxh for her so that she can persue her carrer doing wat she liked i looked at wat sge needs to do the courses sge needs yo do where she can do her apprentiship how much it'll cost her i gave her adivce b now she's in love with that idea and starting to do something wirh her life rather then veing a drop out and doing nthing. Now don't u turn around n tellme i've veen selfish there.

I've always been there for my frnds n helped them no matter wat my situation n i don't think im the onli one in this world. U just need to open up urself to other pplz n find REAL frnds

ReputationRep:
    Aww u can b my frnd if u went to my uni... But yer i used to b like tat wen i changed scool in yr9. I mean i had other frnds but in scool i was a total loner but u just have to find the right person and open up a little because tats exactly wat i did and i'v made frnds for life now, even though we're not in the same uni anymore.

I kno how u feel. Im really she and wen it comes to pplz i dont like to interfear n tat just makes me an outcast cuz I don't try cuz i feel like if i just go n try n hang with a frp of ppl tey might think im tryna interfear n all tat **** but u shouldn't let anythng like tat get to u... Just b more open n less shy try n talk to everyone as much as u can wen u get any grp work in uni or partner wrk just make an effort n soon u'll b blooming with frnds lol

ReputationRep:
    I feel a little like this. I mean, I hang out with people and such and I'm a sociable girl, but I feel like I have no true bestest friends. I used to when I was younger but we drifted apart and went down seperate paths. I came home a bit late today to find that my housemates had put up the tree without me and had drank all the mulled wine around the fire, and that upset a lil bit inside that they didn't think of me.

I think though that friendships come and go to a certain extent. I do recommend joining a society because even though I haven't made any close friends out of it getting involved with panto has meant that I've met new people, been on nights out, and had a bit of banter!

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself....If that doesn't work then learn to be funny... Start with:

Arrested development
    Blackadder
    Blackbooks
    Extras
    Flight of the Conchords
    Garth Merenghi's Dark Place
    Green Wing
    League of gentilmen
    Nathan Barley
    The Office
    Spaced

By the time you've finished watching those, you should be sorted... if not... you've had a laugh along the way!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.