The Student Room Group

Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?

Scroll to see replies

2 year older brother
Reply 21
younger sister, younger brother.
woah, my life sucks.
Younger sister and youngerer brother.

Pissed me off to no end when I was younger, but since going to uni I really like having them (I'm really close with my sister now). TBH in hindsight I think I would have hated not having siblings. Also would have hated not being the oldest. Oldest Child Master Race FTW!! :cool:
Reply 23
I have four bros :cool:
I'm the oldest out of all us :eek:
Have four other siblings - with me being middle child. Have an enormous family in general anyway - have something like 50+ cousins, and that's just first.

Children someday - of course! :smile:
A brother and a sister. I'm the middle child. It's like..the worst of both worlds?
Reply 26
Original post by kat2pult
I have an older sister but I feel like an only child.

this. my sister is in a her last year of university now, has a long-term boyfriend who she plans to marry/get a mortgage with/make babies with lol.
whenever she comes home, which is rare, she seems more like one of the adults than my sister sometimes. she enjoys 'hiking' and 'exploring castles' whereas me and her used to refuse to partake in these activities together haha :tongue: so now I am forced to be dragged round crumbling ruins.

we have a love-hate relationship. she once stabbed me with a fork I'll have you know, but I got revenge :colone:
Reply 27
I have an older and a younger brother. Im the only girl :biggrin:
I have a black friend who is the only child but yes that is quite rare.
I want three kids, 2 girls and a boy :smile:
I have two brothers and a sister and I'm the oldest. I would hate being an only child, can't imagine what it would be like to be all by yourself :smile: I always wanted an older brother though, to look out for me I think its cause I'm the oldest.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
I'm an only child. It must be because I'm used to it just being me but I think if I had siblings I'd go insane, I like to be able to choose when I spend time with people.
Also I'm black, and of the other only children I know (that I can think of right now) one is black, one is Chinese and one is white.
Reply 30
Older sister -28
Older Brother - 25

They are from my Dad's first marriage.

Me -18
Little Sister - 15
Two younger brothers, they're 17 and 10.

they're ace to be honest.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
I have a big brother :smile: he's 34 I think, he turned 17 two months after I was born! So I was basically raised as an only child, he moved out (across the road like but same diff) when I was 5 or 6. So I have all the benefits of having a big brother (ie he gives me the majority of my christmas and birthday money, he's [sort of] given me 3 awesome step niece and nephews, he's very protective and whatnot) without the 'normal' sibling rivalry/fighting/all that malarky!
I'm a lucky girl :smile: lol
Only child, I wish I had siblings though
Reply 34
We are 6, five girls and two boys .. Sometimes good other times arghh
I love them all, couldn't wish for a better family really :biggrin:
I'm an only child.

Well technically I have a step-brother who is 10 years older than me, but I only acquired him as a step-brother when I was 18, and I've only met him a handful of times. Haven't seen him now for about 5 years. So I barely know him at all.

I have a daughter and two sons. My daughter is 22 months older than my eldest son, and my eldest son is 25 months older than my youngest son. The three of them are very close, although my eldest two do their fair share of squabbling, but there's a lot of love there, which is sweet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
I have a younger brother, unfortunately.

I would love to be an only child!
I have a brother whose 20, and I'm 17. Though we sometimes want to kill each other, I'm glad I'm not an only child - I have quite a lot of cousins too which I like, I'd love to have 2/3 children of my own in the future. I can't imagine being an only child, having grown up with a sibling and large family in general
i have an older brother and sister and i absolutely love being the youngest!! :biggrin:
Reply 39
I'm third of four kids. Have an older sister/brother and a younger brother. Wouldn't want it any other way :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending