Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you ever tell a man he is handsome/attractive if you weren't going out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell them in a matter-of-fact way that they were decent-looking if they seemed to be a bit down on themselves, but I wouldn't want to go over the top for fear of giving them the wrong impression. Also nobody needs their ego stroking too much!

ReputationRep:
    It's happened to me a few times so I'm gonna go ahead and say they do.

(Original post by kat2pult)
      I'd tell them they were attractive if they clearly needed a confidence boost. Say, they'd come to me about feeling ugly or not being able to get a gf, I'd tell him I thought he was attractive. I wouldn't say it for the sake of saying it though.

However, I would tell my female friends if I thought someone was rather yummy.
      As a bloke with low self-esteem, it helps me feel good about myself if I'm told. Also, because of my low self-esteem, if I like someone, I find it hard to tell them, so my only chance is if she likes me.

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound like I've a massive ego in the first paragraph - I meant that because I don't ever feel particularly attractive, it's nice to hear when a girl tells me I am.

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=kat2pult;28822974]I'd tell them they were attractive if they clearly needed a confidence boost. Say, they'd come to me about feeling ugly or not being able to get a gf, I'd tell him I thought he was attractive. I wouldn't say it for the sake of saying it though.
      QUOTE]

This is why there are so many 'nice guy' posts. ''You're a great guy/youre handesome, i mean obviously i wont go out weith you, but you are good looking!'' is efffectivly what youre saying there no?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Double Agent)

This is why there are so many 'nice guy' posts. ''You're a great guy/youre handesome, i mean obviously i wont go out weith you, but you are good looking!'' is efffectivly what youre saying there no?
      Nah, it's more 'I won't go out with you because I have a boyfriend/you're far away/you're not very good socially and I'd find it irritating to be with you, but you are attractive and about passable as a friend, so I don't have to talk to you more than once in a while'.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.