Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend won't say he loves me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly, this is kind of the issue: I don't want to force him, but not having love in our relationship is frustrating me so much, and I don't know how to deal with this.
    are you an idiot?

when was love about just 3 little words? does he make you feel loved? does he SHOW that he loves you?

gosh !! what an idiot

ReputationRep:
    If you love him, just tell him. Stop playing games and waiting for him to do it first.

If he runs a mile, then he wasn't right for you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now. He's really caring and lovely, we get along fabulously, but he won't say he loves me. He says he likes me all the time, and says nice things to me, which was fine for a while, but now it doesn't feel like enough to me. It's really frustrating when we're together, because I really want to express my feelings to him in a stronger way, but I don't want to say I love him first, because then I feel like he'll say it just to reciprocate. We really want to have sex for the first time soon, but although I strongly want to, I don't want to do this until he loves me. But I don't want to break it off, obviously. And as soon as I bring it up, it defeats the object, since I want it to come from him. What do I do? How can I explain my inexplicable refusal to have sex with him, since I so obviously want to?
    "Love" is a pretty vague concept. Meaningless, in fact, when trying to compare it between two people. What is going on inside your head that you call "love" might be equivalent to what's going on inside his head but he doesn't care to use that word.

Just stop worrying about it. You are literally requiring that he make a certain noise with his mouth, and then you will feel better. It makes no sense. Though most girls are like this, I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    I'll sit back and wait for the 'My girlfriend doesn't love me' thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo-clo1)
    I'll sit back and wait for the 'My girlfriend doesn't love me' thread
    More like "my girlfriend won't **** me"

ReputationRep:
    your the most annoying type of girl the ones who say he wont say he loves me/have sex with me/ ask me out/ other things and complain about it but wont make the first move. Your happy to just sit back while he makes all the effort and puts himself at risk of embarresment with every leap forward the relationship takes. Basically you have no right to complain unless you have said it to him because you havent done anything yourself to correct the situation

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now. He's really caring and lovely, we get along fabulously, but he won't say he loves me. He says he likes me all the time, and says nice things to me, which was fine for a while, but now it doesn't feel like enough to me. It's really frustrating when we're together, because I really want to express my feelings to him in a stronger way, but I don't want to say I love him first, because then I feel like he'll say it just to reciprocate. We really want to have sex for the first time soon, but although I strongly want to, I don't want to do this until he loves me. But I don't want to break it off, obviously. And as soon as I bring it up, it defeats the object, since I want it to come from him. What do I do? How can I explain my inexplicable refusal to have sex with him, since I so obviously want to?
    Love doesn't exist it's a made up word by salesman to sell women things they don't need.

Do you like him? does he like you? are you guys happy in each-others vicinity? yes? good? now f**k like bunnies.

ReputationRep:
    As someone said, you don't need to say the L word to someone to actually know that they love you. People either find it difficult or don't feel those words are necessary. You should know yourself through his actions.

I think saying the words could actually lose its meaning - it'll turn into one of those bad habbits where it'll eventually become meaningless. If you have to know that someone loves you through words, you probably have doubts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY

This.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.