Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to remove housemate from Facebook....... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Other people have said it as well already.. there are custom privacy settings which prevents him from seeing certain things on your FB.

I don't really understand why you care so much tbh? I mean are you really going to let this guy influence your life and stuff? I mean no offence but I really think you should sit him down and just tell him straight that it's not going to work between you.. or make a plot with Neil and just tell the harry potter that you are together now (eventhough you are not) just to sort of shock him and then he'll probs calm down and let you go ... cause it seems like he'll continue till he got you :P

good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    you're 30 and you're on a student forum asking 15 year olds for advice on how to live your life....whatever, I'm sure Neil's stranger than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScouseEmma28)
    Thing is, Neil is a little bit jealous as he knows i fancy this lad (due to Facebook status's, haha), he'll deliberately sit next to me in the livingroom so that the other lad can't, or, he'll stay up late to avoid the two of us being alone together. It's not like him atall - this is a lad who religiously goes to bed around 11pm to be in work for 7am the next morning and tonight, he stayed up till 1 drinking about 7 bottles of lager. I know he's probably pleased of the new company in the house, but at the same time, he's being a pain in the ass.:banghead:
    So he's not allowed to change his ways in his own house and bond with his new housemate? How nice of you.

ReputationRep:
    He's trying to be friendly, which probably isn't the easiest thing for him. You sound horrible to be honest. Grow up.

Besides dating your house mate isn't the best idea in the world.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like my 10 year old brother: "ooooooohhhhhhhh brooooooo there're this girl i like and he likes her too so im gona delete him". Bare beeeeeeeeeef innit just leave him alone, he seems like a nicer guy than you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I moved into a houseshare 3 months ago, and one of the lads who i live with (call him 'Neil') added me as a friend on Facebook a few days after moving in, which I accepted as he was a nice lad and seemed harmless enough (he's 24). I've known him a few months now and wish I hadn't have accepted his friend request to be honest....:sadnod:

He's a bit of a loner, never goes out with friends, not a great conversationalist, and a bit of a harry potter if truth be known. In addition to that, he's got a crush on me which i find a bit uncomfortable, but nothing i can't handle (i'm 30). He's harmless like, but heavily relies on housemates for company.

A new housemate moved in a few days ago and to be honest, he's fit, :dance: hahaha. He's only 22, but i've taken a bit of a liking to him. We've spent the last 2 nights staying up past 3:30am chatting and drinking away and I think there's a bit of chemistry there too (a couple of flirtatious moments happened last night, but all harmless fun). I wouldn't take it any further as it could prove a bad move. Thing is, Neil is a little bit jealous as he knows i fancy this lad (due to Facebook status's, haha), he'll deliberately sit next to me in the livingroom so that the other lad can't, or, he'll stay up late to avoid the two of us being alone together. It's not like him atall - this is a lad who religiously goes to bed around 11pm to be in work for 7am the next morning and tonight, he stayed up till 1 drinking about 7 bottles of lager. I know he's probably pleased of the new company in the house, but at the same time, he's being a pain in the ass.:banghead:

So, i kind of update my status daily about this new housemate - for a laugh really, it's amusing to my friends, BUT, Neil is on it too and there's things i want to put on my FB that i can't because he's on it!!!!!:mad2: Like, i updated it again tonight about the lad, and i know when Neil sees it tomorrow he'll start getting jealous. It's harmless fun to me,but I know Neil takes it seriously.....

So - i want to delete Neil off Facebook - what excuse can i give him when he notices that?!?!?
    You're 30 and put all those smilies in your post? Cool!

Why not create a group just for your flatmate, then change the settings of that group so members can't post on your wall, see your pictures or whatever. You can then set it so you always appear offline to that group.

ReputationRep:
    your point is?......
    Are you 5 years old?

ReputationRep:
    go kill yourself....seriously, i would have been scornful of somebody half your age acting like this...

ReputationRep:
    wow, some nasty pieces of work you are - i was asking for sensible advice and you have all just embarrassed yourselves massively.

ReputationRep:
    Kaloo, my previous post wasn't aimed at you because you had the intelligence to actually post a nice reply.

ReputationRep:
    Ewan, i DIDNT SAY i was going to date my housemate so get your ****ing facts right - ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    Other people have said it as well already.. there are custom privacy settings which prevents him from seeing certain things on your FB.

I don't really understand why you care so much tbh? I mean are you really going to let this guy influence your life and stuff? I mean no offence but I really think you should sit him down and just tell him straight that it's not going to work between you.. or make a plot with Neil and just tell the harry potter that you are together now (eventhough you are not) just to sort of shock him and then he'll probs calm down and let you go ... cause it seems like he'll continue till he got you :P

good luck!!
    Thanks for your advice - alot more mature, and respectable than some of the other crap written by folks on here whom im sure won't do well in life so im happy with that thought.

Why do i care? Hmmm, good question - he's so sensitive that I dont want him to feel ostrasized - i do actually care about whether he feels happy in his own home, of course i do. And i have to live with him at the end of the day, so don't want an atmosphere in the house.

I dont want to date the other guy - some people have automatically assumed here that i do, but i dont. It's harmless flirtation to me, but its affecting potter's behaviour in the house towards me.

ReputationRep:
    wow, some nasty pieces of work you are - i was asking for sensible advice and you have all just embarrassed yourselves massively.
    LOL, you're the one who should be embarrassed, to be honest.
    My 15 years old sister would be mature than you in this matter.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice - alot more mature, and respectable than some of the other crap written by folks on here whom im sure won't do well in life so im happy with that thought.

Why do i care? Hmmm, good question - he's so sensitive that I dont want him to feel ostrasized - i do actually care about whether he feels happy in his own home, of course i do. And i have to live with him at the end of the day, so don't want an atmosphere in the house.

I dont want to date the other guy - some people have automatically assumed here that i do, but i dont. It's harmless flirtation to me, but its affecting potter's behaviour in the house towards me.
    hm I see where you are coming from, having an awkward atmosphere in the house is the last thing you want really - you still got to live with each other for the rest of the year :/

So actually Potter is the only 'problem' really, all seems find between you and neil, just good friends.

I still think that perhaps you should perhaps have a good talk with potter sometime. I'm not sure how you could do this or what you could say even but you don't want it to get it out of hand but perhaps once the ice is broken and everyone knows where they stand, things might be more easy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.