Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Operation put on some serious mother fudging timber Watch

ReputationRep:
    When do I get to see the Griff on TV doing strongman? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    Hard training tonight, couldn't hold lots of weight on my back due to my chest so did what I could.

Oly Squats

65 x 10
    105 x 10
    145 x 5
    185 x 5 x 5
    145 x 10 x 3 - just to keep the other guys company and squats are awesome.

Brodie Marshall 15years old and 75kg hit a 230kg power squat in wraps and a belt - strong

Jake Marshall 20 years old 100kg nailed a 300kg squat in loose single ply briefs and wraps

Lee Marshall tripled 300 with just a belt - cause he is a beast

Trap Bar Beadlifts (in oly shoes)

107 x 5
    187 x 5
    227 x 5
    267 x 5

Wow, these seriously work the quads! Def gonna help improve my back dominant deadlift.

Leg Press

240 x 10
    320 x 10
    400 x 10
    480 x 10

Leg Curl just a few ligth sets

Few light sets of calves

Standing rope crunches

All my training was done betless as I can be arsed to wear a belt anymore while in the off season and I'm only gonna bother for max lifts in comp.

For some reason I have got bigger after coming off gear - I attribute this to a sort of rest week after comp and coming off tren.

Feeling strong (aside pressing)
    how come you bother with the leg press? i always thought it was for people too scared to squat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    When do I get to see the Griff on TV doing strongman? lol
    I am hoping to perform well enough to make the Uks next year so around x-mas next year all things going well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xc1991)
    how come you bother with the leg press? i always thought it was for people too scared to squat
    I did do 9 sets of squats with more than 300lbs first.

Leg press is a useful assistance for someone a bit more experienced - but it is certainly no replacement for squats.

I do them in such a way to try to throw as much weight onto the quads as possible (the weakest part of my leg).

As I am limited in what I can do due to my injury doing leg press would be not so good as say a clean but as I can't do that at the moment it is better than nothing.

We have a trap bar in my gym, but the trainer won't let anyone use it bar the swimmers he trains! What the **** is that about!

ReputationRep:
      Diet will be lots and lots of food, something akin to this

Meal 1 6 am- 200g oats, Protien & full fat milk

Snack 1 - On way to work 7 am- McDonals Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal

Meal 2 Same as meal 1 with added peanut butter and a couple of pices of fruit

Meal 3 - 250g meat, 250g pasta/rice probably in curry/pasta sauce with onions/mushrooms etc thrown in

Meal 4 - Same as 2

Pre workout - Fruit, pre workout energy thing

Post Workout - Lots of sugar, lots of whey

Dinner - Similar to Meal 3

Snack 2 - 4 rounds of cheese on toast

Suppliments

Gear - nothing for a bit, then onto Test, Deca and A-bombs

Other - Pepties to increase appetite (very soon probably), Possibly Insulin

"Legals" - The usualy, vits, protiens and what not.

Current weight is 115kgs with abs which is just silly, playing rugby again has really stripped some fat so time for some bulk baby.

And I probably wont update this day by day but will try to monitor once a week or so to post updates and possibly pics if I can be arsed to care.

Why am I awake at this time - god damn HCG shot too late at night = Matt being awake!!!
      surely you're taking in far too many carbs there? and a hell of a lot of saturated fat and salt?

ReputationRep:
      surely you're taking in far too many carbs there? and a hell of a lot of saturated fat and salt?
      To many carbs? No such phrase in my lexicon!

Care to explain?

ReputationRep:
      To many carbs? No such phrase in my lexicon!

Care to explain?
      oats in the morning, mc donalds breakfast will be high in carbohydrates. 250grams of pasta, twice in one day! seriously?! and 4 slices cheese on toast before bed, is just going straight to the waistline.

admittedly you are 20 kg + bigger than me and more mesomorphic, but i know that if i tried to bulk on this diet i would just end up fat

ReputationRep:
      oats in the morning, mc donalds breakfast will be high in carbohydrates. 250grams of pasta, twice in one day! seriously?! and 4 slices cheese on toast before bed, is just going straight to the waistline.

admittedly you are 20 kg + bigger than me and more mesomorphic, but i know that if i tried to bulk on this diet i would just end up fat
      Are you a woman? I compete at a decent level, my strength levels are exponentially higher than yours - now calculate the newton output of said lifting and wonder why I was losing weight on 8k kcals

ReputationRep:
      lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      Ok so trained well over x-mas, still suffering with my damn pec but its getting there, more physio soon, possible operation to re-attached and so on.

I've been focusing on technique with front squats & oly squats - really sitting on my heels and being upright and totally raw - going very very well actually.

I have also been doing a lot of flexibility work and doing more and more oly lifting, not there yet with the snatch but my c&j is much technically better - not been shifting big weights or anything just because I want to get these things right I have the strength already but the technique needs working not my ego.

ReputationRep:
      Ok so trained well over x-mas, still suffering with my damn pec but its getting there, more physio soon, possible operation to re-attached and so on.

I've been focusing on technique with front squats & oly squats - really sitting on my heels and being upright and totally raw - going very very well actually.

I have also been doing a lot of flexibility work and doing more and more oly lifting, not there yet with the snatch but my c&j is much technically better - not been shifting big weights or anything just because I want to get these things right I have the strength already but the technique needs working not my ego.
      Does the maintenance of strength not rely on the amount of weight your lifting?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blutarsky)
      Does the maintenance of strength not rely on the amount of weight your lifting?
      I still squat, push press, deadlift and do heavy tricep work - I meant not been heavy with oly lifts.

ReputationRep:
      Snatch is a bugger to get right, my pull is great (apparently) but above that its nasty. Cant keep my arms close to me so the bar comes out and iv gotta come to meet it which messes up the recovery. Its getting there though.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      Played a game last night with deadlifts

starting at 220 we did doubles adding 10kg a set, just two of us doing it, change the weights then go, so pretty short rests.

got from 220 upto 280 and it was bloody hard graft.

We did this after split jerks, my legs are killing me today - good times!!!!

Oly lifting tonight to loosen them off ha ha

ReputationRep:
      Events released for Midlands Strongest Man

1: Max Log - Starting Weight 120kgs
      2: Olympic Bar Squat for reps - 280kgs
      3: Viking Press for reps - 140kgs
      4: Side Handle Deadlift Hold - 380kgs
      5: 18inch Axle Deadlift for reps - 370kgs
      6: Mega Medley: 380kg Yoke 15m, 320 frame carry 15m, 450kg Trye 2 flips

Heavy stuff! They don't call it strongman for nothing.

Game on!

ReputationRep:
      Events released for Midlands Strongest Man

1: Max Log - Starting Weight 120kgs
      2: Olympic Bar Squat for reps - 280kgs
      3: Viking Press for reps - 140kgs
      4: Side Handle Deadlift Hold - 380kgs
      5: 18inch Axle Deadlift for reps - 370kgs
      6: Mega Medley: 380kg Yoke 15m, 320 frame carry 15m, 450kg Trye 2 flips

Heavy stuff! They don't call it strongman for nothing.

Game on!

Blooming heck....:eek:

What do you reckon you can do on each event and what do you reckon will be the winning scores roughly on each event?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MHorman)
      Blooming heck....:eek:

What do you reckon you can do on each event and what do you reckon will be the winning scores roughly on each event?
      Don't know and don't know, they were using a 450kg tyre in WSM - I predict there will be some non reppers.

An 800+ lb deadlift for reps is heavy ****, even if it is 9 inches higher

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.