Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What discount would you have? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You know, you don't have to bank with NatWest to get a young persons' railcard, right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    No holds barred? Why has no one suggested 100% off everything?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I love my 40-50% Dominos Pizza NHS discount and 25% Nandos discount

Also get things like cheap/50% off/2for1 tickets for things like the cinema, theatre, amusement parks, hotels, flights, as well as -% at a few clothing outlets and restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    Amazon would be sweet. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Well that's much better than the Natwest 30% or whatever it is off. I presume you had to buy that yourself? However we are disputing the Natwest rail card here.
    Nope, it was free.

I realise that, but, regardless, a free railcard gives discount and discount is better than getting nothing off at all. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Anyway, I love my 40-50% Dominos Pizza NHS discount and 25% Nandos discount

Also get things like cheap/50% off/2for1 tickets for things like the cinema, theatre, amusement parks, hotels, flights, as well as -% at a few clothing outlets and restaurants.
    25% off Nandos?! Why? I'm craving it even more now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStarr1)
    25% off Nandos?! Why? I'm craving it even more now!
    NHS staff discount :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Let me give you an example.

A train to london from where I'm from is £60, now that is a pretty much standard price, peak, off peak whatever.

33% off that price would make it £40.20, that is really not worth me having the rail card for, I'd much rather drive it and save money.
    How on Earth can you say that anything FREE isn't worth having??? I'd get it even if I only saved 10p lol!! Better in my pocket than theirs I say!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm rather glad I don't have to bank with Natwest, they have atrocious customer service.
    I've got a feeling I've said this to you before, but I've always found their customer service pretty good. Nationwide, now there's terrible customer service.

Agree about the railcard though; plus, you have to do online banking for it. An £8 saving once or twice a year really isn't worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    I don't bank with natwest or use their railcard.

I get my own 75% rail discount. :sexface:
    I get 100% - hop the fence and get onto the platform (only travel rurally), proceed to board the train, wait for someone to enter toilet, when I knock on door and pretend to be the ticket inspector with the 'helpful' suggestion of passing their ticket under the door. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The free railcard is great, if you are actually going to make use of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I get 100% - hop the fence and get onto the platform (only travel rurally), proceed to board the train, wait for someone to enter toilet, when I knock on door and pretend to be the ticket inspector with the 'helpful' suggestion of passing their ticket under the door. :yep:
    Huh? You steal people's tickets? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Huh? You steal people's tickets? :curious:
    I thought that was pretty obvious - what was unclear about that post? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was pretty obvious - what was unclear about that post? :confused:
    I thought I read it right. Was just a bit shocked that anybody would do that! What happens when the real ticket inspector comes along to that person - the excuse 'somebody stole my ticket' doesn't sound that believable, does it?

ReputationRep:
    Cant tell if joking..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I thought I read it right. Was just a bit shocked that anybody would do that! What happens when the real ticket inspector comes along to that person - the excuse 'somebody stole my ticket' doesn't sound that believable, does it?
    Well, no, but then they shouldn't have been so gullible, should they?

I don't know what they say, though - I'm in a carriage far away from them by then. All I know is I've got a valid ticket, so no hassle for me.

ReputationRep:
    There should be money off buses and taxis too ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Well, no, but then they shouldn't have been so gullible, should they?

I don't know what they say, though - I'm in a carriage far away from them by then. All I know is I've got a valid ticket, so no hassle for me.
    I love you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a feeling I've said this to you before, but I've always found their customer service pretty good. Nationwide, now there's terrible customer service.

Agree about the railcard though; plus, you have to do online banking for it. An £8 saving once or twice a year really isn't worth the risk.
    Yeah, I bank with Nationwide, Lloyds and RBS, and all provide me with excellent service. Just different experiences I guess.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Too much effort and I doubt people are that stupid. :eyeball:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.