Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do geeks made good husbands Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol, OP you shouldn't have asked for advice on that issue here, of all places :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty stupid generalisation to make. Regardless of whether that person is a geek, he could be good or bad husband.

ReputationRep:
    Gawwd these labels are so stupid

ReputationRep:
    does he wear glasses. Do you find him attractive?

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask this question online I say you've got another 10 years before you're ready to get married. Mature first, marry later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    he now has a good job building killer robots for national defense.
    your guy sounds like a legend!

ReputationRep:
    Hey every man has faults, but get to know him first

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
      If he's a geek with good earning power then could be a good option.....provide you with a nice lifestyle and geeks are generally a bit lacking in social awareness so they are less likely to find out when you have an affair
      Unless of course she starts looking for the blokes on dating sites.

ReputationRep:
      It doesn't matter how "caring" he is or whatever, if you don't click emotionally then it won't work.

(Original post by Anonymous)
      I'm muslim and this family has asked my hand in proposal for their son. It came as a shock and it was sudden. The problem is that he's a geek. He's very much into computers etc. He is extremely intelligent, and has a very respectful job but am not sure whether i want to marry him. He seems very shy and at social parties he tends to exclude himself, but on the other hand he's so caring and a true gentleman and never ever takes out his anger. Help me please
      You're a Muslim and you came on TSR for marriage advice?

Seriously.
      They're not gonna help you here.

Secondly, have you actually asked the critical questions to ascertain whether you are compatible? Being a 'geek' is the least of your worries. You sound immature for such a commitment. Don't let anyone force you into a marriage. Do it when you are ready, not when your parents are ready. Divorce in the Muslim community is as high as ever. Dont become another statistic.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.