Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever eaten these food before? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    Do you know where you can get them in England?
    What's your survey for?
    Taiwanese food festival is held once every year irrc in and around Central London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy Wu)
    Mango shaved ice! My favorites ??
    It's very fresh and cool.
    I also like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Yes, I have eaten tofu. And it was truly awful.

Maybe everyone like is different.
    Thank your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 26 Betty Cheng)
    Maybe everyone like is different.
    Thank your reply.
    Of course it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrnightcat)
    I've not tried stinky tofu or pig blood cake, but my girlfriend has. I'm in China right now, by the way. Stinky tofu puts me off with its smell, but I'd like to try it someday. I can smell that tofu at least 20m away from the street vendors who sell it, seriously.

All the others I have tried, and I like all of them - the only thing I don't really like are the pearls in milk tea. I love milk tea in general though, so I just ask for the tea without the pearls.

Mini soup dumplings, braised pork rice and Taiwanese meatballs are all GORGEOUS. Especially the meatballs - the last time I tried those was in Shenzhen, and even though I live a stone's throw away from Taiwan, I haven't had them since. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going looking for some now.

Mango shaved ice is my favourite summer craving. It's the best dessert I've tried short of chocolate fudge cake. It's extremely refreshing and great when there's a bit of milk or cream added too.

A popular Taiwanese snack I also enjoy is Taiwanese pancake. Made from eggs and pancake mix, fried until solid, then whatever ingredients added inside - vegetables, chicken, etc. Great when I've missed lunch.

Thank your reply and enjoy your food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1031)
    I like Dong-Gua tea with milk...
    I don't know the name is right or wrong.
    It's really good to drink and you can't imagine how can dong-gua tea and milk match so well...

The name is White Gourd Milk.
    This drink is famous in Taiwan.
    Thank your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    None, but pig blood cake sounds, erm, lovely.

Pork blood steamed with glutinous rice, known as pig blood cake.
    You can try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    no i think i'll pass
    Thank your reply.

ReputationRep:
    Stinky tofu - No.
    Pig Blood cake - Yes.
    Oyster omelet - Yes.
    Mini soup dumplings - Yes.
    Braised pork rice - Yes.
    Taiwanese meatballs - Yes.
    Pearl milk tea - OHMYGOD Yes.
    Mango shaved ice - Yes.

I think a huge component of Taiwanese food is the texture. They use a lot of textures that aren't really commonplace in Western food (i.e: tapioca balls in pearl milk tea), which some may not take to, and others love from first bite. Out of that list, pearl milk tea and mango shaved ice are my favorites. Other favorite Taiwan foods include spicy hot pot, beef noodle soup Taiwanese style and ba-wan.

ReputationRep:
    Thank your reply.
    How do you feel these food when you eat?:confused:
    What do you mean by how do I feel? Well I like the taste of all of them, was worried about trying stinky tofu as it really does smell awful, but it taste sooooo good! And with pearl milk tea, I always have it when eating out around China Town...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmayne)
    sweet
    ;
    have you try limpets? you can eat them right after you kick them off the rock
    It's sounds interesting.Maybe I will try it.

ReputationRep:
    I like the mini soup dumplings and the mango shaved ice.

ReputationRep:
    Nah i aint tried any of them.

OP have you tried,

Fish and chips
    Chips and curry sauce
    Chips and mushy peas
    Yorkshire pudding
    A roast on Sunday
    (Not english, like the chips) Doner kebab

Some of the UK's favourite foods right here, along side the usual American food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    no i think i'll pass

Thanks your reply.
    Maybe you can try it .

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever eaten these food before?I have a homework about Taiwan Culinary survey.I need everyone to help me.Which Taiwan Culinary do you like? Why? Or other Taiwan Culinary you like?

Stinky tofu
    Pig Blood cake
    Oyster omelet
    Mini soup dumplings (xiao long bao?)
    Braised pork rice
    Taiwanese meatballs

Pearl milk tea
    Mango shaved ice

Thank you !

Ate them all. Except for the pig blood cake. I might have, but you gotta tell me the Chinese name for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Stinky tofu - No.
    Pig Blood cake - Yes.
    Oyster omelet - Yes.
    Mini soup dumplings - Yes.
    Braised pork rice - Yes.
    Taiwanese meatballs - Yes.
    Pearl milk tea - OHMYGOD Yes.
    Mango shaved ice - Yes.

I think a huge component of Taiwanese food is the texture. They use a lot of textures that aren't really commonplace in Western food (i.e: tapioca balls in pearl milk tea), which some may not take to, and others love from first bite. Out of that list, pearl milk tea and mango shaved ice are my favorites. Other favorite Taiwan foods include spicy hot pot, beef noodle soup Taiwanese style and ba-wan.
    PEARL MILK TEAAAAA :love:

My Aussie friend said that the bubbles felt like cushions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    PEARL MILK TEAAAAA :love:

My Aussie friend said that the bubbles felt like cushions
    HAI YOU. I'm on Azn time. And not so much cushions as little gummy pillows. They're addictive though. Like gummy pillows of cocaine rainbows with sparkles on top and all served in a long, tall and ice cold glass of ecstasy.

ReputationRep:
    No...

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever eaten these food before?I have a homework about Taiwan Culinary survey.I need everyone to help me.Which Taiwan Culinary do you like? Why? Or other Taiwan Culinary you like?

Stinky tofu
    Pig Blood cake
    Oyster omelet
    Mini soup dumplings
    Braised pork rice
    Taiwanese meatballs
    Pearl milk tea
    Mango shaved ice

Thank you !
    It just so happens that I am studying in Taiwan, and I think I've tried all those things, except for the Taiwanese meatballs (actually, I'm not entirely sure what they are....what's the Chinese for them?). I have bubble tea (pearl milk tea) practically every day, and there's an oyster omelette place literally just opposite where I live. "Pig blood cake" sounds disgusting but is actually pretty nice...I mean, it's basically just black pudding with rice in it. I've had stinky tofu a grand total of once -- it's not THAT bad, but certainly not pleasant to eat. It's quite hard to get over the smell.

As for my favourite, it would definitely have to be bubble tea. YUM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    Ate them all. Except for the pig blood cake. I might have, but you gotta tell me the Chinese name for it.
    They're really just called "pig blood cakes" I think...zhu xie gao. I'm sure there's gotta be a tastier sounding English translation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.