Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm too shy to tell him! :s Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEETS)
    ah...that rules out my plan then...

but I maintain that telling him, and him not feeling the same way, is just going to make things incredibly awkward ... he's just going to feel uncomfertable hanging around with you knowing how you feel about him ... again, this is based on my experience of friends confessing that they like me ... plus, it creates tension in your common friends circle as a whole, with ppl not wanting to be involved but being forced to take sides and stuff ...

I'd stick to the subtle ways, (or not so subtle, as guys are really very thick sometimes) , until you're quites sure before going for the bid confession !
    haha. . Yeah. what sort of subtle hints though? I fail at this whole thing epicly bad days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my9rides)
    haha that is such a "Karl Pilkington" thing to say. I don't think that was the point of the analogy. I reckon its more to do with the fact that if you don't try and find out, you'll never know, and not whether the cat was ok or not!
    Yeah I was just joking

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how sure are u that he likes u back???
    1 being the least and 10 being the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmayne)
    haha. . Yeah. what sort of subtle hints though? I fail at this whole thing epicly bad days.
    lots and lots of (non-sexual) touching usually does the trick. Hold on to his arm while walking, lean on him, mess with his hair ... or ears ...keep making eye contact etc and observe how he reacts...does he move away or pull you closer ?
    and try suggesting couply-type things to do together...like movies or dinner ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choo-Choo)
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how sure are u that he likes u back???
    1 being the least and 10 being the most
    well i'm not sure.... i'd say a five maybe. Because sometimes he does things and says things that makes me think he does... :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEETS)
    lots and lots of (non-sexual) touching usually does the trick. Hold on to his arm while walking, lean on him, mess with his hair ... or ears ...keep making eye contact etc and observe how he reacts...does he move away or pull you closer ?
    and try suggesting couply-type things to do together...like movies or dinner ...
    well i do notice that if i go to pass him something he unessicarily (can't spell!) touches my hand and takes more time than needed to pull it away1 haha. But i don't know whether or not that's just me getting really happy/nervous because he's touching me or what. haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrundleThe...?)
    Are you familiar with Schrödinger's cat? If not, i can explain if you would like.

Basicly, in 1935 there was a scientist called Erwin Schrödinger. He decided to do an experiment to illistrate the problem of the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Physics applied to everyday objects. In this experiment, he had a cat, a box, and a phial of poison which could open at any time. He shut the cat into the box, so that he couldn't see or interact with the cat.

Now, the poison could have opened at any moment and killed the cat. But because you couldn't see the cat, it could be thought of as both alive and dead. The only way to find out was to open the box.

TL;DR - You can only find out if he has feelings for you if you open up to him and tell him.
    hahaha only a physicist would compare love with quantum physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    hahaha only a physicist would compare love with quantum physics
    Actually, I'm not particulary good at Physics. I just have a weird mind for taking in trivial and somewhat useless things.

Anyway, back on topic. If he doesn't shun physical connection between the two of you. That must surely signal he is at least confortable with you being close and in his personal space.

ReputationRep:
    what if you didn't like her back though? Does it make it awkward?

thanks
    I wouldn't have to like her back, we could still do stuff. However if it's the other way round, and the boy is going to tell the girl he likes her, it'll end up much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I wouldn't have to like her back, we could still do stuff. However if it's the other way round, and the boy is going to tell the girl he likes her, it'll end up much worse.
    i see.... does that go for guys in general or just you? haha.

ReputationRep:
    i see.... does that go for guys in general or just you? haha.
    I would take a wager that a lot of guys would be like him. Many of my friends would certanly do what he said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrundleThe...?)
    I would take a wager that a lot of guys would be like him. Many of my friends would certanly do what he said.
    i know this sounds an awful lot like i'm contradicting myself.... i don't think he's like that and i'm pleased about that. Because to me, us doing stuff but him not loving me is.... not unfaithful but almost like he'd be using me. Or me using him. The sort of relationship i'd like and would have (if he likes me) is one that means something... Not just a mess around, however fun it may be! :P

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm in love with my best friend, but i'm too scared to tell him. We get on so well and we're really close. I'd give just about anything to have him as more than my friend. I catch him looking at me in that way that makes me think he likes me too, but i still don't think he does. I don't know how to say to him in a hinted sort of way. Any advice on subtle hints to tell him!?

thanks.:blush:
    Just tell him.
    Guys are very simple - if you like, go tell.
    If they don't like you back, then guys are always still happy to be friends and don't do any weird stuff.

ReputationRep:
    If I had a friend like you I'd be more than happy for you to confront me with whats on your mind.
    Guys are like hedgehogs, poke 'em to get your attention if their not interested they curl up.

"If that's what makes you happy, I'm happy." =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueGenes)
    If I had a friend like you I'd be more than happy for you to confront me with whats on your mind.
    Guys are like hedgehogs, poke 'em to get your attention if their not interested they curl up.

"If that's what makes you happy, I'm happy." =]
    thanks x

ReputationRep:
    man up

I've been in kinda the same situation as you. My best friend fell for me and gradually I fell for him too
    I took too long to tell him the way I felt so he just ended up going out with someone else...
    So if you like him than does wait too long - if say he don't like u back than your friendship is still safe since he's ur best friend and he ain't gonna end it just because he don't feel for u
    Good Luck
    Hope all goes well
    <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexper)
    man up
    hehe. i'll keep that in mind cheers dude. :P

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm in love with my best friend, but i'm too scared to tell him. We get on so well and we're really close. I'd give just about anything to have him as more than my friend. I catch him looking at me in that way that makes me think he likes me too, but i still don't think he does. I don't know how to say to him in a hinted sort of way. Any advice on subtle hints to tell him!?

thanks.:blush:
    Go for it! Chances are, he'll feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him on Msn and say your brother/sister typed it if it goes badly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.