Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for business management. got all my other offers though. probz gonna put it as a firm, they have a really good course

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer from Bath Spa for Nutrition
    x

ReputationRep:
    I received a conditional offer from Bath politics and international relations. I got declined to oxford, however I'm thinking of reapplying this autumn since I'm not sure about Bath really, what do you say, I'd love any opinion/advice?

Btw, I'm an international student from Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnvakten)
    I received a conditional offer from Bath politics and international relations. I got declined to oxford, however I'm thinking of reapplying this autumn since I'm not sure about Bath really, what do you say, I'd love any opinion/advice?

I'm swedish too, come to Bath you'll really enjoy it. Their politics department is quite good and I don't think you'd regret it If you firmed Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Pardon - but I'm not that convinced... I'm really ambivalent about this, on the one hand I'd love to experience this eighteenth century "boarding-school"-feeling, but on the other hand I'm not sure if I've even got the requirements needed to get into Oxford - but going down that road I would forever regret not reapplying since my last PS & TSA was done in a haste rather half-arsed, halfhearted even.

Furthermore... Let's say I wait one year(gap year or something similar), would I then be the oldest guy on college? I'm graduating from upper secondary school this spring. From what I've understood students from England apply for the university 1 year earlier than us(swedish students)?

Thankful for an answer,

Sincerely,

Alex

ReputationRep:

Hey my sis is doing that same course at Bath uni at the moment. She loves it btw. Not too much work, lots of partying (but obviously it's still quite rigorous since it's a top uni). She chose bath over st andrews, warwick, and such.

Edit: just det, glömde berätta att hon e svensk med. det finns tydligen en rätt så stor "Scandinavian Society" där. Jag har hälsat på o träffat flera sympatiska personer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzairs)
    still waiting for business management. got all my other offers though. probz gonna put it as a firm, they have a really good course
    have you heard anything from them yet? when did u apply? I applied late October and still waiting....

ReputationRep:
    Pardon - but I'm not that convinced... I'm really ambivalent about this, on the one hand I'd love to experience this eighteenth century "boarding-school"-feeling, but on the other hand I'm not sure if I've even got the requirements needed to get into Oxford - but going down that road I would forever regret not reapplying since my last PS & TSA was done in a haste rather half-arsed, halfhearted even.

Furthermore... Let's say I wait one year(gap year or something similar), would I then be the oldest guy on college? I'm graduating from upper secondary school this spring. From what I've understood students from England apply for the university 1 year earlier than us(swedish students)?

Thankful for an answer,

Sincerely,

Alex
    I think you should do whatever feels right. If you feel that taking a gap year and reapplying is a good idea then go with it, because there's a pretty big chance that you'd get demoralised if you choose Bath yet was fully set on Oxford. It is a difficult situation and if it was me personally, I'd reapply to Oxford. Purely based on the fact that I'm quite overconfident, academically speaking, and quite arrogant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.