Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need a girlfriend :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northman090)
    Hi. I need a girlfriend. Really bad. I've been alone for almost 20 years but i just cant stand it anymore. I need someone nice to cuddle. Anyone there? ;(
    hello I' m single as well lol and i hate it soo much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesey)
    Quite right chap. Tea all round.
    I can haz brew?

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm in exactly the same situation

ReputationRep:
    Aw don't be sad, your time will come!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting depressed! ive been trying to get girls for years but noooo...

ReputationRep:
    there's no need to be depressed, just stay positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Lauren.)
    there's no need to be depressed, just stay positive
    But when it goes on for years, it can be hard to stay positive. If staying positive continually fails to make any difference, you can really lose faith. Not enough people realise how hard that can be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fordfiesta)
    But when it goes on for years, it can be hard to stay positive. If staying positive continually fails to make any difference, you can really lose faith. Not enough people realise how hard that can be.
    I still stand by the fact that good things come to those who wait

ReputationRep:
    I hope so... but it doesn't always feel that way when yo've been waiting for so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrister_2000)
    imagine if they were siblings
    lool and they only find out when they arrange to meet.

ReputationRep:
    I believe so too :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northman090)
    Hi. I need a girlfriend. Really bad. I've been alone for almost 20 years but i just cant stand it anymore. I need someone nice to cuddle. Anyone there? ;(
    Stop.

Take a second to see the legion of countless people broken by relationships.

Now introspection.

Notice that gaping hole that is not filled by the dull aching pain of a soul shattered by disappointment?

Glass half-full man, that is 20 years of beautiful ignorant bliss.

What I'm saying is that yeah it's nice to fall in love, its nice to have someone but yeah, try and love yourself a bit more before you even think of being a grippy over-bearing emotionally dependant boyfriend to someone else.

Learn to love being single a bit more, be a bit more confident and outgoing, MEET NEW PEOPLE and maybe you'll find someone.

Half the problem with people's "I'm a lonely sod" posts could be solved with those two things.

1. Stop being so pointlessly shy, you CAN do something about it so do it and...

2. You actually have to meet people, girlfriends don't just sort of condense out from the either into your lap.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Lauren, are you in a relationship? If so, how long was it between being single and finding him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    committicus suicidio.

harry plotter fan here.
    pokemon fan too im guessingfrom your username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    astute
    i also 19..

ReputationRep:
    My friend, you don't need a girlfriend, just some introspection and a thorough acquaintance with who you really are. Upon knowing yourself much more intimately, you'll realise you don't need to find happiness, or that 'yin' outside of your own being.

Siddhartha Gautama says it's very simply:

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrister_2000)
    imagine if they were siblings
    Wow. That is grotesque.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    My friend, you don't need a girlfriend, just some introspection and a thorough acquaintance with who you really are. Upon knowing yourself much more intimately, you'll realise you don't need to find happiness, or that 'yin' outside of your own being.

Siddhartha Gautama says it's very simply:

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
    How does one go about knowing themselves more intimately though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielharris627)
    How does one go about knowing themselves more intimately though?
    Aside from getting his johnson wet, I'm assuming the man wants a girlfriend for company, someone to talk to, to share with, to enjoy common interests together etc, amongst many other things, I'm sure.

This is all well and good, though considering he was compelled to make a thread about, he's obviously putting too much importance on the thought of being in a relationship. It's having a negative effect, as he imagines he's incomplete without the fairer sex tethered to his-- I imagine, fragile and weak-- arm.

Whether the realisation will come soon, later, or perhaps never at all (though this is unlikely, at least in my opinion), he will discover a partner, long term or otherwise, is just a bonus. It shouldn't be a component necessary for happiness to occur.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the girl your looking for is right under your nose...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.