Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most of the music I listen to has mainly female vocals Watch

ReputationRep:
    Predominantly I like hip hop which is obviously a male dominated industry, but I like alot of female artists too, Aaliyah, Beyonce, Justin Beiber (jk), Keri Hilson, Rebecca Ferguson (soon:ahee:) etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I heard that this is a subliminal warning that you're gay, yknow, the whole, preference towards women thing x
    Is your awful input into threads the reason you have a coloured name? so people will just scroll past and ignore you ?

(Original post by F i s)
    You listen to **** music genres. Also don't get sexist with music.
    what what?

First off list some amazing music genres and second whats sexist about anything said so far? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm the opposite; nearly every single song I listen to, every band I like has a male singer/s. Very, very few have any female vocals (from the top of me head the only band I can think of is Evanescence).

I think it's because I like rock, alternative, punk, metal-ish stuff, and there isn't that many female singers in them genres. I do like some pop songs, but even so, rarely female singers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm probably about 60:40 female songs which is a decent mix. Probably about 50:50 with artists though, it's just there are some females that I have looooads of songs for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Is your awful input into threads the reason you have a coloured name? so people will just scroll past and ignore you ?
    Yes, that's exactly it. Maybe it's not green enough though, seeing as I'm still being quoted by morons :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's exactly it. Maybe it's not green enough though, seeing as I'm still being quoted by morons :sad:
    'I heard that this is a subliminal warning that you're gay, yknow, the whole, preference towards women thing x'

Superb thread input though...

ReputationRep:
    Female singers aren't as Good as they used to be back before i was born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    'I heard that this is a subliminal warning that you're gay, yknow, the whole, preference towards women thing x'

Superb thread input though...
    Well it's not like I'm trolling as serious thread is it :p: lighten up dude, it's only TSR after all xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Maybe me being female myself, I relate to them more or something?
    I would run with this theory. I can't think of a single artist I like with a female singer. Just can't connect with it.

ReputationRep:
    My library is cluttered with female artists too I like them more, I suppose and it's easier to sing along with them!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not like I'm trolling as serious thread is it :p: lighten up dude, it's only TSR after all xD
    Im serious about music, and serious about females

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPodAddict93)
    Nah, I'm the opposite; nearly every single song I listen to, every band I like has a male singer/s. Very, very few have any female vocals (from the top of me head the only band I can think of is Evanescence).

I think it's because I like rock, alternative, punk, metal-ish stuff, and there isn't that many female singers in them genres. I do like some pop songs, but even so, rarely female singers
    Punk:
    The Sears
    The Distillers
    Devotchkas
    Vice Squad
    X-ray Spex
    Lunachicks (punk-ish)
    Bikini Kill

Metal:
    Arch Enemy (later material)
    Darkthrone
    Gallhammer (vocals are... different: )
    Girlschool (metal-ish)
    Astarte
    Estuary
    Cadaveria

Granted, there are more male fronted bands from both those umbrella-genres, but you only need to look around for a short while before you find some female-fronted bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Predominantly I like hip hop which is obviously a male dominated industry, but I like alot of female artists too, Aaliyah, Beyonce, Justin Beiber (jk), Keri Hilson, Rebecca Ferguson (soon:ahee:) etc..
    If you don't mind me asking, are you male or female? Just wondering :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    When will people stop listening to radio?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, are you male or female? Just wondering :holmes:
    Male

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German Jaime)
    When will people stop listening to radio?
    I don't really listen to the radio much these days. Yeah, I know my taste is generally quite mainstream, but it is mainly music that isn't as popular on the radio these days anymore. The charts today are even becoming too generic for my tastes.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I have a pretty even split with a slight lean towards male singers :awesome:

I didn't even realise this until now, it seems :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really listen to the radio much these days. Yeah, I know my taste is generally quite mainstream, but it is mainly music that isn't as popular on the radio these days anymore. The charts today are even becoming too generic for my tastes.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Listen to a lot of rock so most of my music has male singing.
    Female vocals + rock/metal just doesn't seem to work a lot of the time..

ReputationRep:
    I love sweet female vocals, normally on genres like trance, drum n bass, garage, but also acoustic stuff. Tracy chapman is the ultimate female singer - no-one has more soul in their voice.

Maybe something a bit different for this thread, some three of my favourite dnb vocals of late

By the way, I would LOVE to go out with a girl who could really sing. Instant massive attraction!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.