Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want a "gf" without the love. / emotionally frustrated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    was she a "working girl"?
    no, someone from uni.

actually, she "paid" me, in that we used to go shops "before doing it" and I'd get drinks, whatever and she'd paid.

I spent no money on her (I offered, but she was like na, u put it away)

ReputationRep:
    You want a GF without her having to be a GF or you having to be BF? Sex buddy? That is what you described.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know the title is a bit WTF so allow me to explain.

Basically I do want a girlfriend BUT I know how difficult it is to find someone that you + her can connect with/want to spend rest of their lives with etc ...

Therefore in the meantime I wanted someone who was well halfway between friends and a gf, but not 'fwb / **** buddies' as that implies you just meet up for sex/the main emphasis is on the sex

Basically I just want someone to hang out with/go on dates with, but I don't want to be limited to just 'being friends' so I want to be able to say hold her for as long as I like, kiss her, etc .. maybe even go away somewhere and spend a few days there

I should add I don't particularly care if she loves me (actually it's best if she doesn't)

I just want someone there physically? someone I can just talk to and basically effectively do all the girlfriend things without the commitment/love (obviously we have to like each other's company to a degree)

Am I dreaming? or is it possible to have someone there to just 'tide you over' until you do find a proper girlfriend? and you'd obviously both agree it's a temporary thing and you'd enjoy the moments you did have.

Don't mention "that's what friends are for" because there is a limit, least to my friends, I'm not sure who you guys are hanging with but my friends are very 'hands off' and if I was to say watch a movie with her, I wouldn't be able to just hold her, feel her legs, kiss etc .. and it be a somewhat regular thing.

Any guys/girls out there who feel like this? Can you imagine yourself in this type of situation or would it just get too messy?
    I know what you mean. I want a bf like that!

ReputationRep:
    Get a sex doll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know the title is a bit WTF so allow me to explain.

Basically I do want a girlfriend BUT I know how difficult it is to find someone that you + her can connect with/want to spend rest of their lives with etc ...

Therefore in the meantime I wanted someone who was well halfway between friends and a gf, but not 'fwb / **** buddies' as that implies you just meet up for sex/the main emphasis is on the sex

Basically I just want someone to hang out with/go on dates with, but I don't want to be limited to just 'being friends' so I want to be able to say hold her for as long as I like, kiss her, etc .. maybe even go away somewhere and spend a few days there

I should add I don't particularly care if she loves me (actually it's best if she doesn't)

I just want someone there physically? someone I can just talk to and basically effectively do all the girlfriend things without the commitment/love (obviously we have to like each other's company to a degree)

Am I dreaming? or is it possible to have someone there to just 'tide you over' until you do find a proper girlfriend? and you'd obviously both agree it's a temporary thing and you'd enjoy the moments you did have.

Don't mention "that's what friends are for" because there is a limit, least to my friends, I'm not sure who you guys are hanging with but my friends are very 'hands off' and if I was to say watch a movie with her, I wouldn't be able to just hold her, feel her legs, kiss etc .. and it be a somewhat regular thing.

Any guys/girls out there who feel like this? Can you imagine yourself in this type of situation or would it just get too messy?
    I completely get this! I mean it would be great to meet some kind of soul mate but right now this would be ideal Pity the idea doesn't seem very popular...

ReputationRep:
    surely most relationships at a certain age are dead end?
    notice the use of most.
    Also a lot of couples don't love each other only think they know what it is at the time.
    All relationships are different, there probably are girls out there who feels similarly, the only problem is when you start to spend a substantial amount of time with a friend of the opposite sex and you get on really well, you can start thinking its more than it is, or if it lasts for a very long time you might find it hard to end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morematterlessartx)
    I completely get this! I mean it would be great to meet some kind of soul mate but right now this would be ideal Pity the idea doesn't seem very popular...
    woo some support

I think I'm going to be the only one so far that actually IS in such a situation

Im 18, he's 17, I'm in my last year at school and will hopefully be leaving to uni in the UK, while he will stay for at least another year in our country (he hasn't made up his mind about where he will study after school). Right now, we are kind of best friends with benefits, including all the imtimacy and casual stuff. But I know this is only temporary, as I wouldn't want to drag him into an LDR for an unknown time, especially as I don't think we have the right feelings for that . And I would really like to save our friendship more than getting frustrated with a relationship.

Of course, who knows, maybe in a few years we'll want to become a real couple

(Original post by aws)
      explained above. I care more about 'the company' than the sex.

friends are too limiting.
      Oh I saw what you put. Still think you're looking for a **** buddy though.

ReputationRep:
      i think it depends on your age, the older you get the less likely you'll find someone who will reciprocates this view. But most relationships at 18/19 i think are a lot like what your describing. I don't reckon people really think they're going to be with that person forever but they enjoy their company for the time being, then when someone better comes along, someone who you can actually see yourself with then it's no hard feelings and you just go your separate ways.

ReputationRep:
      I reckon it would be hard because one of you is bound to get more emotionally attached than you want and things get difficult when emotions get involved!

Plus not really sure if you would find someone who wanted the same things that you do. I know I wouldn't like to be in that situation (because I know I would end up liking the guy :p:)

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.