Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's wrong with Linkin Park!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean...i love them too but that happens with most bands/singers: they tend to have at least one crap album

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    They've sold out. They've changed from a nu-metal band to a dance-techno band.

It's because they're popular; chavs and commoners push them to change
    - and they do because they want to make money instead of good music. The same thing happened with Muse. A lot of 'Absolution' I would (controversially) label within the progressive metal genre - the best genre there is IMO, yet their latest album shouldn't even be classified as rock.

Was never a massive fan of LP (although I do like Hybrid Theory). However, I have a friend who's a huge fan of their first 2 albums, when they were essentially a metal band. He saw them live after the 'Minutes to Midnight' album - when they changed their sound - and he said that most of the people there were chavs who were complaining about the 'loud mosher music', who were completely clueless that this was the original Linkin Park.

Point proven: their priority of making good money over good music has been exposed. 'Tis the folly of many a popular band.
    I liked the old sound of LP, and Muse sold out a little too. Still think Muse are epic though...

(Original post by 34 Sam Huang)
    that's right many ppl wants old things ^^
    I also like better things!

(Original post by ExcessNeo)
    I hope they play their old stuff at Download next year, I really didn't like their new sound when I heard it.
    THIS. I am not standing in the crowd listening to a tune like Points of Authority and mosh only to have to stand and sway like a penis to the newer rubbish.

:mad:

System though (and A7X)....is AWESOME!

ReputationRep:
    I have always listend to linkin park and i like some of there new songs but i prefer there older songs like "in the end" and "numb":rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There older stuff's good, though since they teamed up with Jay Z everything seems to have gone downhill...

ReputationRep:
    They're doing what bands do, experimenting and progressing. Granted, a lot of people think it's worse than before, but what can you do? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I love Linkin Park, especially the old stuff. But the new album was crap and they should have never collaborated with Jay-Z. They need to go back to the stuff from Meteora and Hybrid Theory (although What I've done and New Divide are good songs!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Nu Metal. 'Nough said.
    Only decent nu-metal is Taproot. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Well... obviously there's a rapist in Linkin Park.
    He's climbing in your window,
    snatching your people up
    tryna rape em' so y'all need to
    hide your wife, hide your kids
    and hide your husband too...
    Coz they're rapin' errbody out here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*AsmaAttack*~)
    i know what you mean...i love them too but that happens with most bands/singers: they tend to have at least one crap album
    I can name at least 20 bands within a single genre, with whom it is widely accepted that there is not a single crap album...

Notably Opeth.

ReputationRep:
    Keep listening to the new album. It's a grower, IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Plenty of people DO like it that are fans of the previous albums. I admit ATS took me a while to get into but if you listen to it properly and with no prejudice it really is a great album. A band can make whatever music they like, they don't have to do what anyone wants, it is their choice.

Fair enough if you don't like the album but saying you want another Hybrid Theory isn't going to make them do that. They've been saying for years that they don't want to be pigeon-holed and by making a new Hybrid Theory they'd be doing exactly that, hence why they are not going to. If you don't like them, by all means find another band to listen to, no one's stopping you.

They're still a brilliant band, they're excellent live and they're good to their fans. They believe in what they do, and tonnes of other people do too, and that's all we can ask for. I wish them luck for the future, and I hope to see them at Download. System of a Down and LP..

This post isn't meant to cause any offence.

ReputationRep:
    When disturbed brought out their new album 'asylum' I complained because it sounded the same! Same structure, similar riffs. Just boring - I wanted something new and exciting.

I then realised that I'd been moaning about Linkin Park changing from Hybrid Theory/ Meteora. It had to happen. Still not sure about the quality of the change though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    Only decent nu-metal is Taproot. Fact.
    I'd rather pour raw sewage down my ears than listen to any of it, personally(especially if it involves Jay Z *facepalm*).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    I'd rather pour raw sewage down my ears than listen to any of it, personally(especially if it involves Jay Z *facepalm*).
    Well Taproot aren't like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Korn etc.
    It's actually... pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Keep listening to the new album. It's a grower, IMHO.
    Agreed. When I first heard it the only song I really liked was Iridescent but a lot of their songs have growed on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34 Sam Huang)
    Not real means 2 more "Electronical"
    That cause the music just like comper made,don't have emotion.
    The reason I like that is the powerful vent and strong tension. I can't agree with use Electronical music to in place of them!

Have you listened to tracks like blackout....

ReputationRep:
    They're ****.

ReputationRep:
    nothing, nothing at all

bands change, mature, grow personally in their life experiences and what not, so does their music, style and substance, lyrics etc. It's called progression and if a band constantly made the same sort of music over and over and never seemed to change they would get slated anyway, it's lose lose either way

Don't like them? Don't listen to them. Want their old music and the old Linkin Park? Listen to their old stuff

Deal with it

ReputationRep:
    At first I didn't like their new album but, some of their new songs are OK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.