Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OMG!! what are the chances of getting a driving test cancellation before xmas??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor rang me up once to ask if I could swap tests with another guy, so maybe see if yours could swap you with someone else?

If not, it's not the end of the world. Just think about it as extra practice time.

ReputationRep:
    They are always doing this, happened to my friend twice.

ReputationRep:
    woohoooooo!!!i just got one for NEXT HURSDAYYYY!!!! look at meee yipee!!

anyone in the same position i suggest checking around lunchtime and evenings cos this is when loadsa wimps cancel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    I would do it as the women i spoke to said that it is all based on the forecasts.. I asked if they cancelled with heavy snow she said yes, then light snow/frost was a maybe depending on the conditions. Its fine tomorrow so im all good, but i only knew a few days ago.
    omg do you feel ready? let us know how it goes! fingers crossed!hopefully no left reverse or bay park!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    omg do you feel ready? let us know how it goes! fingers crossed!hopefully no left reverse or bay park!!

My instructor is a pro snow driver and im happy driving on ice and whatnot. I suck at parallel parking and my observation needs a bit more work but im confident in the rest and i hope i dont make any silly mistakes! better to hesitate and get a minor than rush in and get a major!

Test is at 12:38 and im getting picked up at 11:20 so i think i have a bit more driving before.. ty
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You've technically completed your 2010 resolution by learning to drive. It said nothing about getting a license.

You'll live with another month, you've lived 18 years.

ReputationRep:
    Quite good tbh. Just keep trying!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    omg my instructor cant make it

ReputationRep:
    omg my instructor cant make it
    You can always do it in another car if there is one you have used to practice outside of driving lessons.

I did my test in my own car after getting a cancellation (my brother accompanied me), I just called my instructor one day and told him I'd passed.

ReputationRep:
    is it harder or easier to do the test at a busy time? more traffic = slower moving = less hard route BUT less traffic = less pressure.????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    You can always do it in another car if there is one you have used to practice outside of driving lessons.

I did my test in my own car after getting a cancellation (my brother accompanied me), I just called my instructor one day and told him I'd passed.
    i havent got my own car buti guess i can do it in a hire car? i dont know any drivers though

ReputationRep:
    i havent got my own car buti guess i can do it in a hire car? i dont know any drivers though
    I'm not sure if you can do it in a hire car, I guess you'll have to ask around. I think you can only hire a car when you have a full driving license.

Try and find a friend or relative who has held a full license for a minimum of three years and hope they might lend you their car.

When I did my test, they didn't ask anything about my car.

If you decide to go down that route, you need to get an extra rear view mirror.

ReputationRep:
    Passed

Did a 3 point turn, no emergency stop and no reversing.. still managed to get 11 minors but meh, pass is a pass!

ReputationRep:
    Passed

Did a 3 point turn, no emergency stop and no reversing.. still managed to get 11 minors but meh, pass is a pass!
    OMG!!! yipeee for you!! do you have a car already!?! CONGRATS!!!! did you get your instructor anything? was the examiner nice? how long was the test?

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! yipeee for you!! do you have a car already!?! CONGRATS!!!! did you get your instructor anything? was the examiner nice? how long was the test?
    Goign to get insured on my mums just so i can drive a little and wait till i save for my own. I didnt think to get my instructor anything but i am doing my pass plus with his company so i could do i guess.. Examiner was cold and quite and the test was about 40 minutes but i was driving for about 50.. went in a flash.

ReputationRep:
    Goign to get insured on my mums just so i can drive a little and wait till i save for my own. I didnt think to get my instructor anything but i am doing my pass plus with his company so i could do i guess.. Examiner was cold and quite and the test was about 40 minutes but i was driving for about 50.. went in a flash.
    Lol, I prefer a cold and quiet examiner. There's nothing worse than a chatty one who then goes on to fail you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Do what my instructor did; ring the test centre and make up some excuse (e.g. I think he used an operation?). I think they keep some tests spare for situations like that....
    This is worth a try. Otherwise there isnt much hope of you getting one before christmas.

ReputationRep:
    i would phone around instructors and see if anyone in the area has an opening and will let you use there car with a lesson before, since you must be insured and safe ect. and the only way to garentee that is have your own car or use an instructors (maybe your instructors school has another car?) . good luck though

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=shinytoy;28839545]folks

my test was scheduled for 22nd dec, and i just got a letter sayign it has been cancelled and moved to 20 jan. i really wana do it next week or the week after.

what do you reckon my chances are of getting a cancellation before xmas? same as any time of year or better?

omg im sooo annoyed ive been having lessons since last jan and realllyylylyl wana pass before xmas [/QI was supposed to do my driving test on december 8th which was then rescheduled to 17th jan 2011. You won't know if it's cancelled yet until the day of your test, that's how I know you are making this up and you haven't actually got a driving test set have you. How can they cancel your due to weather 2 weeks before you take it. the weather is very likely to have improved by then. You won't know if it's cancelled until the test day itself. What do you get from faking this thread anyway. of course you haven't got a test set.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=markberry91;28923007]
    folks

my test was scheduled for 22nd dec, and i just got a letter sayign it has been cancelled and moved to 20 jan. i really wana do it next week or the week after.

what do you reckon my chances are of getting a cancellation before xmas? same as any time of year or better?

omg im sooo annoyed ive been having lessons since last jan and realllyylylyl wana pass before xmas [/QI was supposed to do my driving test on december 8th which was then rescheduled to 17th jan 2011. You won't know if it's cancelled yet until the day of your test, that's how I know you are making this up and you haven't actually got a driving test set have you. How can they cancel your due to weather 2 weeks before you take it. the weather is very likely to have improved by then. You won't know if it's cancelled until the test day itself. What do you get from faking this thread anyway. of course you haven't got a test set.

wtf you on about dude?? my test is on SATURDAY because i got a cancellation! how would YOU know i havent got a test set???? dsa moved mines from 2nd dec to 20 jan but then i booked a cancellation slot! DUH!!!!

they DO NOT only cancel on the day, it isnt just for the weather/sickness, they may have short staff or something. i should know - i have a test cancellation letter from dsa dated a week before my origiinal test on 25th.

why would i make this thread up if it wasnt true. go away and grow a pair already.fool. :centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe::centipe:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.