Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ways of losing weight :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Moderate exercise - 30 mins a day of running, skipping or steps should be enough (but this would probably get boring after a while, so you might want to look into swimming/gymn work, too.)
    Drink a reasonable amount of water - 2 litres is good for most people.
    Watch the sodium - don't cut it all out, but make sure you're keeping within the limits.
    Reasonable calorie deficit - 500-750 per week is good. This will result in a weight loss of 1lb-1.5lb a week. A very healthy weight loss. You can use this to help you work it out (if you're 21 or under, if you're older, google for an adult verion): http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/healthyeatin...eatingCal.html
    Lift weighs to maintain your muscle mass.
    You can't spot reduce.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we digest more when we sleep so sleep eat smallish portions and exercise even if it's just up and down stairs or walking to the tv to change the channel or maybe join the gym/ swim what ever you like. Maybe gain a hobby for the activity you start or increase in moderation what ever activity your doing now, don't push your self until it hurts but make sure you feel a difference. Happier or healthier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misnomer)
    Why wouldn't I be serious? It does work.
    cos its nonsense, a good diet contains a good portion of protein in it and you're ruling out the two best sources of protein, should I be worried because of the chicken breast and cottage cheese I ate today too?

ReputationRep:
    Going to take a wild stab in the dark and say: Exersise more + eat less.

But ya' know, could just be me being an idiot here.

ReputationRep:
    I think Protein Shakes could help you as well, but I'm not too sure about that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.